Morrissey Central "The importance of an artist can be found in the efforts to silence him." (June 30, 2023)

IMG_5645.jpeg
IMG_5646.jpeg
IMG_5647.jpeg
IMG_5648.jpeg

unnamed-2.jpg

No, not really interested in visiting Israel right now.
So I won’t be there, but looking forward to see what they play and what the vibe will be like with the new line-up.

Yes, Morrissey, but how many arguments and fall-outs with record label people have you had? How many managers have you fired or discarded? Whether you like it or not is immaterial; to succeed in releasing and selling records you do have to play the game, at least a little bit. From Johnny Marr to Jo Slee to Joe Moss, from Sandie Shaw to Stephen Street, from Bowie to Boorer, from Rough Trade to EMI to RCA to Harvest to Capitol, is there anyone you haven't yet fallen out with, Darling?
There's no conspiracy to silence you. You are simply your own worst enemy.

Ok thats cool and all, but the next step to making it seem like none of those things are needed is to release WMTWD completely independently. Stick it on bandcamp, please

I tell you what, maybe he's on to something

Morrissey
- No Record Label
- No management
- No Airplay
- No media interest

Jesus
- No Record Label
- No management
- No Airplay
- No media interest? Pretty sure Roman MASS MEDIA were pro crucifixion, so make of that what you will, but there were probably at least two incidents of smear campaigns against Jesus in The Shield Maiden rag.

I think I've made my case quite clear

Someone else's fault always, isn't it?

He will never, ever, ever take responsibility for the consequences of his own actions. Ever.

But let's look on the bright side. Because of everyone else being wrong, he's an artist of some importance. Because the people who used to pay him money don't want to anymore.

That, friends, is how it all works. Take note.

This story is old-- we know-- but it goes on. He bitterly complained that the world wouldn't listen in the 1980's while he refused to make music videos that would have reached a worldwide audience. As Leroy pointed out, he alienates EVERY SINGLE PERSON he crosses paths with and blames everyone for the dismal state of his life and career.

Poor Mozzer is too blind to see that he silences himself.

He will never, ever, ever take responsibility for the consequences of his own actions. Ever.

But let's look on the bright side. Because of everyone else being wrong, he's an artist of some importance. Because the people who used to pay him money don't want to anymore.

You're a narcissist and although you profess to hate Moz, you are here all day and all of the night.
Not one person listens to you, because frankly you are deranged.
Anyone for a t-shirt? I will contact Simon Goddard blurgh blurgh blurgh.

Great response from the people of South America. I would love to be over there in September.

In comparison, what a lovely signature. Would be an interesting interview question, at least from a fan’s perspective, how and why it evolved over the years.

Fiona or Sam, take note! Lol.

:(is it easier to believe that one is silenced than to accept that one isn't that relevant anymore (to the general public)? This is not meant to be spiteful, it's just that most of the points above don't have anything to do with being silenced.

No record label - well, disputable how that came about
No management - because he doesn't want one?
No Airplay - where? The radio? And how if there aren't any albums out
No press support - he doesn't talk to the press
No releases since March 2020 - because he doesn't have a record label and refuses to self release (that would be a very artsy and punk thing to do and would suit his cause and roots that major record labels are not about real art and he has the resources)
No media interest in BOT and 40 years - again - he doesn't talk to the press.

You could add that there also luckily wasn't any major press coverage of him reposting David Vance.

He has isolated himself more and more for whatever reason and refuses to play the game that would get him all of the above. A major point is being out there not just at his own concerts or on his own website. Doing PR. He doesn't want that so it's a simple equation:
You don't talk to the press for years, you don't get your albums out, so you get no Airplay, you are no asset to a major label and the press/public just loses interest in you.

Sadly with this he can't have both. He can't be the super successful relevant popstar and don't go with the times. He doesn't have to but he craves it somehow.

He has a massive legacy he can be proud of so why doesn't he just put his work out there and maybe people outside the Morrissey bubble would listen again? He could do it on his own terms. But instead he believes he is being silenced. In my opinion the only one that silenced him is himself. Talk to people, get your work out there - be relevant or just be happy with what you have - a very dedicated fanbase.

Yes and what are his own actions? Telling the truth. Not being a coward. Eschewing the insipid fascist woke bandwagon. Focusing on his art, and putting out the best material of his career.

You're right, dullard. Things never end well for people like that.

Yes, Morrissey, but how many arguments and fall-outs with record label people have you had? How many managers have you fired or discarded? Whether you like it or not is immaterial; to succeed in releasing and selling records you do have to play the game, at least a little bit. From Johnny Marr to Jo Slee to Joe Moss, from Sandie Shaw to Stephen Street, from Bowie to Boorer, from Rough Trade to EMI to RCA to Harvest to Capitol, is there anyone you haven't yet fallen out with, Darling?
There's no conspiracy to silence you. You are simply your own worst enemy.
Precisely this.

Back
Top Bottom