"The Last Of The Famous International Playboys" re-release sleeve shown on EMI website

Re: Article: "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys" re-release sleeve shown

I still don´t get it. Why he´s using these old pictures of him. He looks so incredibly hot these days..why why Moz? I would love to see fresh pics of him with new songs..

Because it isn't a new song...

Re: Article: "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys" re-release sleeve shown

Not being in the know for such things, why is a rather current track being included on a reissue single?

Tracklisting

A) Last Of The Famous International Playboys
B) People Are The Same Everywhere (Janice Long BBC Session, 15th June 2011) – PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED

So does Morrissey have some kind of contract with a label? EMI would have no rights to issue it if not?
People Are The Same Everywhere (Janice Long BBC Session, 15th June 2011) isn't part of the EMI back catalogue, is it?

Morrissey has a contract with EMI for re-releasing his old material.
Morrissey owns the publishing rights to all of his material from "Quarry" on thanks to the deal he made with Sanctuary...which means he can do whatever he pleases with it. I imagine not being able to acquire a similar deal with a record company is probably a major reason he doesn't have a contract at the moment.

I still don´t get it. Why he´s using these old pictures of him. He looks so incredibly hot these days..why why Moz? I would love to see fresh pics of him with new songs..

Totally. He should do a photo shoot so we can have some new pix.

Mike Joyce is a fantastic drummer!!

I was getting ready to go out waiting for The Smiths.. Rick I'm sure came on first. I remember thinking Rick The Prick, he's not really thst's Pete Waterman.

It was fantastic especially because I had bought a checked shirt like moz was wearing and I went out happy.

I was getting ready to go out waiting for The Smiths.. Rick I'm sure came on first. I remember thinking Rick The Prick, he's not really thst's Pete Waterman.

It was fantastic especially because I had bought a checked shirt like moz was wearing and I went out happy.

Is your avatar that Kill Uncle re-issue cover I did ages ago?

To think morrissey himself slags off the original maladjusted LP cover which in itself , while being crap, is still so above these efforts

horrible artwork....just embarressing really.

Re: Both new sleeves for re-rereleases shown on EMI Website

Ron Mael is effortlessly cool.

Aw, man! That is a great photo I've never seen... This would have been great for "Playboys", if nothing else.

Ron <3

I too loved that song. I love the bass line, it sounds like Andy Rourke, and it has affectingly sad vocals for what (for Moz at least) is such a simple lyric. I love the tooooooooooon, toooooooooooon, toooooooooooon vocal parts too; just genius. It is about a minute longer than it needs to be though.

Ditto. TTP is a personal favorite.
Maybe tha's because I'm a lush tho haha.

Drubnk again for the first time in months. BACK OFF THE WAGON! Wagon was full of dicks anyway...

Rick Gastly!! I will never buy this single!!

Have ordered the LOTFIP bundle (lithograph better arrive!) and the LP and the CD... happy days.

I thought there were going to be 3 releases of LOTFIP... there seems to be only 2...

I thought there were going to be 3 releases of LOTFIP... there seems to be only 2...

Out of interest, with the release of this issue, it pretty much means that the vault is empty as far as recorded unreleasable material goes.

P.

Re: Both new sleeves for re-rereleases shown on EMI Website

There's actually a few more from that 'era', who needs Bowie?

And, call the lawyers ....

Thank you for posting this, very interesting and pregnant(and I am not a lawyer).

Cheers!

Out of interest, with the release of this issue, it pretty much means that the vault is empty as far as recorded unreleasable material goes.

P.

Yup :(

I think with the inevitable Arsenal and Vauxhall reissues, Moz should do what REM have done (with Murmur etc.) and release a second CD of a relevant live show with each album

Yup :(

I think with the inevitable Arsenal and Vauxhall reissues, Moz should do what REM have done (with Murmur etc.) and release a second CD of a relevant live show with each album

Or Give us a "Rare Tracks" Mark II with I Know Who I Love, Home Is A Question Mark, Teresa Teresa, I Was Bully Do Not Forget Me, When I Was Young, I'm Looking Forward To Going Back. Then that really is it as far as unreleased properly recorded stuff. I think.

P.

The picture with Billy Bragg and Moz looks like it came from a still from an 80s college sex romp comedy.

Billy is the big man on campus explaining the finer points of cunnilingus to zany party boy Moz who has never dined at the V. Moz you see, is selfish; he only bangs, no foreplay, no oral. The pic catches Moz during his first sideways tongue flutter, and Billy is offering his own "tips".

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom