The new forum is going to suck balls so bad. It's going to be like morrisseymusic.com all over again

We'll definitely not be seeing you on the new forum, farewell my deluded troll.

Re: The new forum is going to suck balls so bad. It's going to be like morrisseymusic.com all over a

> "What is your favourite Smiths song?"

Right now: "Rusholme Ruffians"

> "How much do you love Morrissey?"

I love him but I wouldn't marry him.

> "How long is Mozzer's ideal quiff?"

He looked best in the "Your Arsenal" era.

> etc

In the midst of life we are in debt etc.

Re: About all the years of off-topic posts and 'flame wars' here...

> Do the participators *want* these posts mixed in with Morrissey-related
> discussion? What is so bad about having separate forums for on-topic and
> off-topic posts.

The "on topic" forum will be lame. Anytime a thread gets going everyone will have to worry about going "off topic" and having some stupid moderator butt in and say, "Hey folks move this discussion to the other folder."

> Having said that, moderation can get out of hand -- don't think it will
> with the group that's been assembled, though.

Moderators almost always end up abusing their power.

> The "on topic" forum will be lame. Anytime a thread gets going
> everyone will have to worry about going "off topic" and having
> some stupid moderator butt in and say, "Hey folks move this
> discussion to the other folder."

> Moderators almost always end up abusing their power.

We'll see :p

> The "on topic" forum will be lame. Anytime a thread gets going
> everyone will have to worry about going "off topic" and having
> some stupid moderator butt in and say, "Hey folks move this
> discussion to the other folder."

It doesn't work that way. Many threads can go slightly off topic without any need for moderation. But if a thread is started to intentionally disrupt the board that is another story. Or if one or two people start a new discussion within a thread, and do this on a regular basis, then they should be advised to stay on topic. When I read a thread heading and want to post and you find that the thread has become a perconal discussion between two people about something that they could email or message or actually start an off topic thread about, I feel that it is lazy and selfish of them.

It wouldn't be the whole discussion that would need to be moved. Only the part where it went off topic. I realize that this makes it difficult to post troll/flamebait opinions on the part of the board that is about Morrissey and Smiths music, and to then keep the thread going by talking about whatever happens to cross your mind at the moment. That's why I think it will make the board better.

> Moderators almost always end up abusing their power.

Moderators can shape the board but it is really taking things way too seriously to call that "power".
Besides, you shouldn't worry. You have admitted that you post here to goad people into replying, and to point out what you percieve as Morrissey's ignorance and other flaws, and I've never noticed a post of yours to be deleted.

The new forum may suck 'em, but Mr. Proper licks 'em

www.properlicksdonkeyballs.com

Re: The new forum is going to suck balls so bad. It's going to be like morrisseymusic.com all over a

> "What is your favourite Smiths song?"

> "How much do you love Morrissey?"

> "How long is Mozzer's ideal quiff?"

> etc

> i.e. inane shit, and no fun.
OH!! It's going to be brilliant, far out, cool, groovy, sexy, emotional,
overwrought, uplifting, depressing, respectable and degenerate, all in the
one breath.

> OH!! It's going to be brilliant, far out, cool, groovy, sexy, emotional,
> overwrought, uplifting, depressing, respectable and degenerate, all in the
> one breath.
Please, please don't make me the thread killer again!

> Please, please don't make me the thread killer again!

Stand aside, Mauve, I'm a past-master at thread-killing. Besides it's a chivalrous thing I do. *bows gracefully*

A.Twat said:
"What is your favourite Smiths song?"

"How much do you love Morrissey?"

"How long is Mozzer's ideal quiff?"

etc

i.e. inane shit, and no fun.

After only one day I think that we can conclude you were right.
For example, take a look at the Members section an go to a guy called 'Ringleader'. (You can see him on the photograph, together with his sister. He's an expert in Excorcism.)
Now click 'Find all posts by Ringleader'. Can you believe this guy? At this moment in time, he's made 24 posts already, all about dull and boring stuff.
I'd rather have trolls than people like this.

I'm gone from this unhappy board, with all the silly icons and avatars on it. Anyone coming with me? Codreanu?

Back
Top Bottom