Last edited:
here's the fake coloured vinyls
ava1001.jpg

ava1002.jpg

ava1017.jpg

ava1021.jpg

love

Grim

Wow, that's really impressive. You might agree with me if I say it's theirs (and his) best work?

:)

Grim (or others in the know)

Can you tell me whether the test press has anything etched into it

i have 100's of test pressings but i don;t want to start playing them all, so i have no clue as to what they are.

some just have bbc written on them and others have number s with other blank

should i be posting this in a different thread?

thanks

Grim (or others in the know)

i have 100's of test pressings but i don;t want to start playing them all, so i have no clue as to what they are.

some just have bbc written on them and others have number s with other blank

should i be posting this in a different thread?

thanks

I've just checked the test it as ROUGH 61 A-1
On the ordinary copy it as ROUGH 61 A-2

hmmn, maybe best to ask Stephane from the Passions site?

love

Grim

here's the foreign copies
ava1023.jpg

ava1024.jpg

ava1029.jpg

love

Grim

this is cheating slightly but it is what could have been

ava1031.jpg

love

Grim

I just got a US "EILS" 7" promo copy in a US Retail sleeve. the sleeve has Sire/Reprise 9 27837-7 the record has 7-27837-A. Here's what I know..I payed $4/US for it, it has the title track on each side, stamped [on label] "promotion not for sale", the sleeve should be stamped gold, the correct sleeve probably doesn't have a UPC [point?] but what does the tracklisting look like? Is the sleeve id'd differently? Is the sleeve different? Is it worth what I paid for it? Yes.

Last edited:

The catalog number is usually etched (by hand or stamped) in the run out grooves. You can use that to figure out what you have. At the link below, in the discography section, you'll find all the catalog numbers for all releases in all countries (well most, I might be missing a few Bora-Bora, Mongolia or Madagascar pressings...)

If you think you have mostly UK pressings, you can narrow it down quickly: the ROUGH numbers are albums and the RTT numbers are 12" singles.

There are a few instances where you have to be careful. The Meat Is Murder live EP test pressings have the same catalog number as the "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore" 12". The "Reel Around The Fountain" 7" tp share its number with the "This Charming Man" 7" and some of the "Shoplifters Of The World Unite" test pressings might actually have "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby". You then have to look at the 2-1-U portion of the number to figure out those subtleties.

Stephane

The catalog number is usually etched (by hand or stamped) in the run out grooves. You can use that to figure out what you have. At the link below, in the discography section, you'll find all the catalog numbers for all releases in all countries (well most, I might be missing a few Bora-Bora, Mongolia or Madagascar pressings...)

If you think you have mostly UK pressings, you can narrow it down quickly: the ROUGH numbers are albums and the RTT numbers are 12" singles.

There are a few instances where you have to be careful. The Meat Is Murder live EP test pressings have the same catalog number as the "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore" 12". The "Reel Around The Fountain" 7" tp share its number with the "This Charming Man" 7" and some of the "Shoplifters Of The World Unite" test pressings might actually have "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby". You then have to look at the 2-1-U portion of the number to figure out those subtleties.

Stephane

:D thanks for the info i will have to spend a few sundays doing this.

What about the ones that say BBC on them?

Back
Top Bottom