Tipper Gore walks away from half of the Internet

Former Vice President Al Gore to separate from wife Tipper after 40 years of marriage

ERIK SCHELZIG Associated Press Writer

11:15 AM CDT, June 1, 2010
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Former Vice President Al Gore and his wife, Tipper, are separating after 40 years of marriage.

According to an e-mailed statement obtained by The Associated Press on Tuesday, the Gores said it was "a mutual and mutually supportive decision that we have made together following a process of long and careful consideration."

Gore spokeswoman Kalee Kreider confirmed the statement came from the Gores, but declined to comment further.

Al Gore lost the 2000 presidential election to Republican George W. Bush. He has since campaigned worldwide to draw attention to climate change, which in 2007 led to a Nobel Peace Prize and an Oscar for the documentary "An Inconvenient Truth."

Tipper Gore is known for her advocacy on mental health issues. She became interested partly because her mother suffered from depression.

The Gores have four adult children.

http://www.wreg.com/news/sns-ap-tn--gore-separation,0,7703509.story

at least we won't have to see them kiss again. *shiver*

and really, is there hope for anyone now that heidi and spencer split up?

PARENTAL ADVISORY: DADDY MAY BE LIVING IN A DIFFERENT ZIP CODE BY THIS TIME NEXT WEEK, HONEY.

"a mutual and mutually supportive decision that we have made together following a process of long and careful consideration."

Divorce sure didn't do anything to make them more exciting, did it? Not exactly Jesse-Sandra levels of excitement there. How about some coke, pool boys, and trashed cars?

hi mclovin!!!

despite all of Al Gore's accomplishments, I just cant look at him without immediately thinking...MANBEARPIG.

I can't look at him without immediately thinking, "Hey, isn't that the 43rd President of the United States"? Well, that, and "Shit, the vice principal finally found me".

hi mclovin!!!

despite all of Al Gore's accomplishments, I just cant look at him without immediately thinking...MANBEARPIG.

lol. South Park = win

Let's get the usual pleasantries out of the way: What are you wearing?

just a FLYERS jersey, babyyyy, woooo!!! :guitar:

um. not really. ive only sorta cared about hockey for about 4 days now.

You did that wrong. You and your twin sister have stepped out from the pouring rain. And you're both soaking wet. Go on.

Former Vice President Al Gore to separate from wife Tipper after 40 years of marriage

ERIK SCHELZIG Associated Press Writer

11:15 AM CDT, June 1, 2010
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Former Vice President Al Gore and his wife, Tipper, are separating after 40 years of marriage.

Did you see that that some are blaming their separation on Bush? :lbf:

Al Gore was the Democratic Presidential nominee in 2000, ultimately losing a controversial election for former President George W. Bush. He later shared a Nobel Peace Prize and Oscar for his work to raise awareness of climate change and his related documentary on the issue, “An Inconvenient Truth.”

Family friend Sally Quinn told CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson that Gore winning the popular vote for president but losing the electoral vote may have done the marriage irreparable harm.

“He’s obviously suffered a lot,” Quinn said. “He’ll never get over that and neither will she.”

Democrats. :crazy:

In other news this week, here's something inconvenient for Al Gore: The Royal Society, Britain's premier scientific institution, retracts the claim that the science on global warming is settled.

The Times of London reports:

The society appears to have conceded that it needs to correct previous statements. It said: “Any public perception that science is somehow fully settled is wholly incorrect — there is always room for new observations, theories, measurements.” This contradicts a comment by the society’s previous president, Lord May, who was once quoted as saying: “The debate on climate change is over.”

And:

[Sir Alan Rudge, a society Fellow and former member of the Government’s Scientific Advisory Committee] said: “I think the Royal Society should be more neutral and welcome credible contributions from both sceptics and alarmists alike. There is a lot of science to be done before we can be certain about climate change and before we impose upon ourselves the huge economic burden of cutting emissions.... One of the reasons people like myself are willing to put our heads above the parapet is that our careers are not at risk from being labelled a denier or flat-Earther because we say the science is not settled. The bullying of people into silence has unfortunately been effective.”

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Al. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom