TTY: Ecuador date forthcoming

What's with all this grand third person 'is said to be' nonsense? By whom? Morrissey writes his own releases on True To You. Either he is honoured and delighted or he isn't.

In 2012 Moz played Bogota, Colombia, and Gustavo said on stage "I am home and look who brought me here".

Now he plays Quito, Ecuador, and look at this interview from Gustavo from 2014.

Your parents are from Colombia but you were born in the United States and currently live there. Is this true? Tell me a little about your South American roots.

Right. My mom is from Quito, Ecuador and my dad Cartagena de Indias, Colombia. I live in Austin, Texas with my family. My parents also live there, so these South American roots follow me wherever I go. It is honestly a blessing because Latino influence is very powerful in terms of music. I grew up surrounded by it. At home, in the car, even in the cradle, because my parents knew the importance of music in my life and that of my sister. My parents are musicians at heart. My sister and I grew up in that musical environment, especially Latino American folk music. My father is self-taught, since he taught himself to play guitar and piano. My mother also plays a little guitar, but my father’s forte is singing. Incredibly, his greatest inspiration is Argentine music and especially tangos and sambas.
I spent summers in Colombia and Ecuador learning the culture and getting to know my roots every time more and more, and I loved everything to do with the Latino culture. The music, the food, because everything...the Latino life, energy, fascinated me. I grew up playing football and ended up playing baseball and football for four years. I inherited the athletic part as well as musical from my parents. So I was a super kid busy with championships and concerts/recitals every weekend. All under one roof full of music, sport and Latino lessons combined with the academic part that was
American. And as I grew up in the middle of the two cultures, Latino and
Anglo, I absorbed the best of both.

I'm surprised that there actually is a Quiteño who knows who Morrissey is ... I always had the impression that he was completely unknown in Ecuador. I wish I was there ... Morrissey in Quito ... awesome!

I'm actually not originally from Ecuador but moved here a few months ago. It's true...the few Ecuadorian music nerds I talked to didn't know The Smiths/Morrissey... that's fine for me as it means better chances to get tickets! ;)

Maybe the whore groupies in Ecuador are really nasty, so the guys want to hit Ecuador on this tour. I know Morrissey and Nancy can do dome freaky stuff with an Ecuadorian whore, but nothing can beat the whores in Brazil, so I have heard. Anonymous-

In 2012 Moz played Bogota, Colombia, and Gustavo said on stage "I am home and look who brought me here".

Your parents are from Colombia but you were born in the United States and currently live there. Is this true? Tell me a little about your South American roots.

Right. My mom is from Quito, Ecuador and my dad Cartagena de Indias, Colombia. I live in Austin, Texas with my family. My parents also live there, so these South American roots follow me wherever I go. It is honestly a blessing because Latino influence is very powerful in terms of music. I grew up surrounded by it. At home, in the car, even in the cradle, because my parents knew the importance of music in my life and that of my sister. My parents are musicians at heart. My sister and I grew up in that musical environment, especially Latino American folk music. My father is self-taught, since he taught himself to play guitar and piano. My mother also plays a little guitar, but my father’s forte is singing. Incredibly, his greatest inspiration is Argentine music and especially tangos and sambas.
I spent summers in Colombia and Ecuador learning the culture and getting to know my roots every time more and more, and I loved everything to do with the Latino culture. The music, the food, because everything...the Latino life, energy, fascinated me. I grew up playing football and ended up playing baseball and football for four years. I inherited the athletic part as well as musical from my parents. So I was a super kid busy with championships and concerts/recitals every weekend. All under one roof full of music, sport and Latino lessons combined with the academic part that was

Interesting ... thanks for posting!

interesting and thanks for sharing. im always interested in those raised inbetween cultures

Worried that he won't shop up if ticket sales don't improve. From the seating plan hardly any have sold so far

Many many things to say. Do not bring shorts. Is cold in Quito (at the moment 10 degrees). Tickets are almost sold out for the 2 200 venue in Quito. Guess there are many many fans of good music in Ecuador. Nobody comes to Ecuador? Paul McCartney, Phillip Glass, Gilberto Gil, Mulatu Astatke, Salif Keita -all of them world class acts- among many others have visited Quito the last few months.

https://twitter.com/candida_cocker/with_replies

CTO8wp5WwAApVzC.jpg

Back
Top Bottom