TTY: Morrissey's European Tour Concludes (list of favourites)

Morrissey keeping a running tab of his favourite concerts. What a geek! I can imagine him coming off stage each night, getting out his notebook, and scribbling in "All right, Hull - you were a 7.4 out of 10! Let's add you to my Excel spreadsheet..."

Someone should rate the obnoxious drivel of complaints that flows after each TTY post. I don't know how you guys keep it up. Try going for a walk outside.

That tunnel that connects us has been a disaster, the sooner we fill it in the better.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

'I'll be there ... with shovel ' - Serge Gainsbourg

Someone should rate the obnoxious drivel of complaints that flows after each TTY post. I don't know how you guys keep it up. Try going for a walk outside.

I missed my bed so I soon came home.

the fans should be the ones ranking the concerts, they were the recipient of the performances and paid their hard earned quids.

Does anyone know what shirts does Morrissey wear? Are they custom made for him? He looked especially handsome in the white one during his Bucharest concert.

That white shirt suits him wonderfully. It seems his clothes are custom made. I like when he wears shirts with soft fabrics and some looseness. The shirt he used at Chatty Man was beautiful, too.

That white shirt suits him wonderfully. It seems his clothes are custom made. I like when he wears shirts with soft fabrics and some looseness. The shirt he used at Chatty Man was beautiful, too.

And it touches me when he gets shirtless. It's not a sexual feeling, it's a soul thing.

And it touches me when he gets shirtless. It's not a sexual feeling, it's a soul thing.

The whole interaction and Morrissey and his audience is really one of a kind. The shirt toss frenzy, etc. Some really fond memories to have as when we are all old and gray.

'It's not a sexual thing, it's a soul thing' I wonder if you want or can expand on that(?) I wonder if the two are not one and the same... That it's our conditioned morals that want to cause this division by saying it's one and not the other...keeping us defensive and afraid. Also why is the 'sexual' regarded as wrong/dirty ? And things of the 'soul'
as it's opposite? Just the slimy reigns of Catholic/church culture keeping us all in line ?

Though I always looked at the action of his shirt removal as a form of liberation from the many oppressions coming from inside and out. A gesture of beauty... and freedom through art.

I feel exactly as you describe in your last paragraph. It's not only sexual atraction, there are a lot of shirtless sexy people on stages, but I don't feel they are sending the message I want to receive. I didn't try to make a division, but to go further.

Though I always looked at the action of his shirt removal as a form of liberation from the many oppressions coming from inside and out. A gesture of beauty... and freedom through art.

Morrissey seems to think the same. From an 2014 interview with Vegan Logic

One of the highlights of your concerts is when you rip open your shirt presenting your body to the audience. Is your singular male body a symbol of openness for everything?
"Well, it's the only body that I have. I can't reveal any other. It's not meant to be an orgiastic moment - I'm not asking anyone to find me impressively seductive, but rather, to get out of this human need to always be enclosed ... enclosed within clothes, within cars, within houses ... humans are obsessed with being 'inside' or covered, and they don't feel comfortable with the lyric nature of freedom of any kind. This has been learned, though, since obviously we were once what might be termed 'wild'. I think 'wild' means 'free'. You hear how animals 'live in the wild' or that they are 'wild animals'. This entire means that they aren't caged. They're not wild, they're free. Anyway, the reflex of suspicion that human beings automatically have is, I think, very sad, and it makes the earth a sad place. Yes, sex gets to the reality of things, but there are deeper emotions than the sexual."

Dries Van Noten

the fans should be the ones ranking the concerts, they were the recipient of the performances and paid their hard earned quids.

Why can't they both do so. Its a different experience on stage than in audience so its neat to see if they, both perspectives, line up in terms of enjoyment

patting someone down briefly at the airport is a security thing not a sexual thing.

So, he thinks the Paris gig was shit then. Anyone go - what was the problem?

When people ignore you, you generally try to upset them.
When even your eloping to Vegas fails to upset them, you write a list of favourite gigs.
It's the grown-up, sober thing to do.

Morrissey seems to think the same. From an 2014 interview with Vegan Logic

One of the highlights of your concerts is when you rip open your shirt presenting your body to the audience. Is your singular male body a symbol of openness for everything?
"Well, it's the only body that I have. I can't reveal any other. It's not meant to be an orgiastic moment - I'm not asking anyone to find me impressively seductive, but rather, to get out of this human need to always be enclosed ... enclosed within clothes, within cars, within houses ... humans are obsessed with being 'inside' or covered, and they don't feel comfortable with the lyric nature of freedom of any kind. This has been learned, though, since obviously we were once what might be termed 'wild'. I think 'wild' means 'free'. You hear how animals 'live in the wild' or that they are 'wild animals'. This entire means that they aren't caged. They're not wild, they're free. Anyway, the reflex of suspicion that human beings automatically have is, I think, very sad, and it makes the earth a sad place. Yes, sex gets to the reality of things, but there are deeper emotions than the sexual."

thanks for this, yes. Missed this one. Though my question still is... why can't the 'sexual' be seen as or in itself hold a/these 'deeper emotions' ? Why is the 'sexual' only put in the box of trivial and that one can go beyond it to something higher?

Why the separation of the 'sexual' and the 'spiritual' ? To me... It is one and the same. :)

- - - Updated - - -

patting someone down briefly at the airport is a security thing not a sexual thing.

There IS a difference between.... 'patting' and.. 'PETTING' .

thanks for this, yes. Missed this one. Though my question still is... why can't the 'sexual' be seen as or in itself hold a/these 'deeper emotions' ? Why is the 'sexual' only put in the box of trivial and that one can go beyond it to something higher?

Why the separation of the 'sexual' and the 'spiritual' ? To me... It is one and the same. :)

- - - Updated - - -

There IS a difference between.... 'patting' and.. 'PETTING' .

I think that it is a matter of personal perception. I'v always seen the shirt removal as a more emotional experience symbolic of Morrissey baring himself to the audience, both physically and emotionally through the content of the lyrics. He stands there for just a minute, as if to say this is who I am at this moment, love me or hate me, it's your choice. For me, gazing at his incredible physical beauty is just a bonus, but I'm sure that there are others who only see it as a way of tantalizing the audience. As with all things Morrissey, from his words to his physical appearance, the reaction can vary because the interpretation of art is subjective.

lynnda

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom