TTY: Sir Terry Wogan, RIP

Morrissey has expressed sadness at the death of British broadcaster and DJ Sir Terry Wogan:

Sir Terry Wogan, RIP - true-to-you.net
31 January 2016

Time is not as it was. I only met Terry Wogan once, and he approached me (which makes all the difference), and was as genuine and charming as the entire world, today, is saying that he was. So very witty, yet never hurtful ... razor-sharp yet respectful - and, incredibly, one of the few radio DJs with no qualms about playing the Smiths or Morrissey. I am thankful to him.

Morrissey
31 January 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has one of those classic dysfunctional Let's-pretend-Bowie-never-died-so-we can-get-back-to-my-agenda feels to it.

I honestly, and I mean this 100%, I HONESTLY don't think Morrissey has contributed a post to TTY in years. It's his mother. The Morrissey NAME is hers, SHE owns his career and controls it. I think she wrote the trainwreck that is List of the Lost. Her whole family is scared to DEATH of her, she's roped in her nephew to "make it cool" because she can't anymore, all she can do is copy other people, other modes of communication and insert her agenda which in this case is "Wogan deserves respect because he played my creation's music." Her "creation" being her bullied son. When he runs away and disappears and acts erratic on stage, he's TRYING to run away from her control, he can't say what he thinks or feels, he has to say what he thinks she wants him to say or there will be recrimination and the threat she'll TELL ALL. I think she's a monster controlling his whole family and she has you duped into thinking she's some demure old lady in Hull who doesn't have an internet connection.

She banned Davidt from shows because he poses a threat to her agenda of controlling Morrissey's image. The first anonymous person who calls me crazy for pointing this out? Guess who that is? Her problem now is that Cash knows the deets and she'll be undone if she pushes to hard.

Deets=details, Betty.
well I'm definitely not morrissey's mother but you are as crazy as a loon, I think you're jealous of the relationship between moz and his mum, if you ever travel to the uk then morrissey should get some protection for his mum, I think you could be dangerous

it's a pity Bowie didn't help you with your education, you calling someone a thick twat, that's priceless, I can't stop laughing

Waiting for my girl friend in the pub, it's dark and I'm texting quickly.
But good luck defending Morrissey. His career is in great. Shape. f***in hilarious.

I keep telling myself not to comment on this site. But how could I not respond to such a heartfelt tribute. Morrissey is just my ideal human. X

Go stick a £1 in the jukebox and put on absolute beginners and have a cry into your beer, your burds stood you up

Rather that than first of the gang to die or We Hate It When
Go on Shackin Steve you daft knob. plus free jukebox in this Camden boozer

Irish Blood Irish heart you are so spot on. In every post. In fact, too good for this trashy place.

The person means you thick twat is that Morrissey wouldn't be Morrissey without Bowie. He is his main influence.

Thank you kindly. I mistook David Bowie for a member of The Smiths where in fact he was an influence to Morrissey. Being a thick twat can be so difficult and isolating sometimes. Thank you xx

Waiting for my girl friend in the pub, it's dark and I'm texting quickly.
But good luck defending Morrissey. His career is in great. Shape. f***in hilarious.

f*** it. All the good ones really are taken xx

Also, as other have pointed out elsewhere, and in relation to Wogan, this happened...

RAryjKo.jpg

Ah yes! In the days before Morrissey realised he was full-on Plastic Paddy because it was yet another chip to add to his sunken shoulders.

BB

- - - Updated - - -

Yet we're all still here. He is Morrissey and love him or loathe him, you can't ignore him.

He will have people going berserk because he comments on one persons passing but not another.

I'm waiting for the Solo fume to begin.

You'll be waiting a long time. He's regarded with indifference now, like an empty car-crash scene after the air ambulance leaves. Just empty hollow wreckage.

BB

Will you all give over about Morrissey not sending out a statement about Bowie. Chances are it hit him quite hard and he probably sat by a fire with a bottle of Vodka mourning.

This was a dignified tribute to Wogan, let there be no arguments.

But, of course! How stupid of everyone not to realise! Morrissey's grief is so much more profound and deep than the hoi polloi, yet whilst he is comatose with sadness at Bowie's passing he can rise from his Midazolam trance to comment on the loss of the wonderful Terry Wogan. Makes total sense, especially if you're a delusional cult arse-licker.

BB

- - - Updated - - -

There is no mystery, Morrissey is a bitter man. He tried
for over 20 years to get back in favour wirh David. David wasnt interested.
Morrissey is talented but compared to bowie he's a wash out.
There was a time when Morrissey was considered a legend.not anymore. He is a laughing stock and his ugly nephew is making things worse. Sad state of affairs he was once brilliant.
This not not commenting on Davids death but commenting on Wogans is just another Rick Astley move.
But where as the Rick move was funny, this is sad, desperate and dishonest.

Morrissey can't even thank the person who changed his world as well as giving him the "hhomework on to fire" line.
Yet he thanks Wogan, someone who means nothing to him, who he considered beneath him

When Morrissey dies peopls will be sad, people will hold vigils, it will get in the paper. But it won't be anything like Bowies, he won't even get 10% of the attention, no days named after him etc.

When Trollissey dies he will be forgotten so quickly his grave will still be liquid earth.
He isn't even a has-been, he's been exposed as a never-was.

BB

- - - Updated - - -

This is just speculation, really. I reckon he probably hoped Bowie would ring him up one day like nothing had happened. But I doubt he tried very much to make it happen. Can you picture him apologising to Bowie? That would have been the first step.

I wonder if Terry Wogan ever played a Morrissey record.

If you're going to comment you might think about what Morrissey has just written about Terry's fearlessness in playing Smiths records. Of course you have zero interest in this news other than how it mirrors your cult narcissistic Morrissey 'fandom'. Good luck with recovery from that particular mental illness.

BB

Last edited:
This has one of those classic dysfunctional Let's-pretend-Bowie-never-died-so-we can-get-back-to-my-agenda feels to it.

I honestly, and I mean this 100%, I HONESTLY don't think Morrissey has contributed a post to TTY in years. It's his mother. The Morrissey NAME is hers, SHE owns his career and controls it. I think she wrote the trainwreck that is List of the Lost. Her whole family is scared to DEATH of her, she's roped in her nephew to "make it cool" because she can't anymore, all she can do is copy other people, other modes of communication and insert her agenda which in this case is "Wogan deserves respect because he played my creation's music." Her "creation" being her bullied son. When he runs away and disappears and acts erratic on stage, he's TRYING to run away from her control, he can't say what he thinks or feels, he has to say what he thinks she wants him to say or there will be recrimination and the threat she'll TELL ALL. I think she's a monster controlling his whole family and she has you duped into thinking she's some demure old lady in Hull who doesn't have an internet connection.

She banned Davidt from shows because he poses a threat to her agenda of controlling Morrissey's image. The first anonymous person who calls me crazy for pointing this out? Guess who that is? Her problem now is that Cash knows the deets and she'll be undone if she pushes to hard.

Deets=details, Betty.

I have to admit, this is one of the most interesting and gruesomely hilarious conspiracy theories ever.

Witty, yet not hurtful....much love to you Morrissey. Dear God, i hope he doesn't read the posts here. We would do anything for YOU, ask. The next leg of the tour is a bit of a cliffhanger.

Do anything? Well, I'd certainly piss and spit on Morrissey's grave.

BB

That's exactly what i thought when I read this. Something tells me Mozz felt he would come across as an hypocrite after the all he bitching about Bowie. However he expressed recently that he wanted to bury the hatchet and i that would still have been elegant of him to say something. Awkward!!

It seems that Morrissey attempted to bury the hatchet and Bowie turned his nose up at him.

I'm not really sure why the Bowie topic is even on the main page though, to be honest, considering Morrissey did not post on TTY about it and it is of course "other music" news.

Oh my! Internet Bag Lady strikes again! The only thing that brings me back to this asylum is the inmates. Morrissey is kaput but his bizarre 'fans' live on in some sort of temporary afterlife, not realising that he has crashed and burned and is eternally Beclowned whilst The Bowie will shine in the heavens for Eternity. Justice. Poetic justice. Let's just hope Morrissey dies of The Cancer too but with an undignified horrific end which everybody smirks at because he beckoned in karmic doom by parlaying pre-cancer as the real thing whilst Bowie watched and prepared to die with dignity. f*** Morrissey.

BB

- - - Updated - - -

Morrissey is using Terry's death to troll Bowie. I'm sure Bowie is laughing at the idiot Trollissey. As we all should do.

BB

at least give Moz credit for continually feeding your addiction to him.

Deets=details, Betty.

Oh my! Internet Bag Lady strikes again! The only thing that brings me back to this asylum is the inmates. Morrissey is kaput but his bizarre 'fans' live on in some sort of temporary afterlife, not realising that he has crashed and burned and is eternally Beclowned whilst The Bowie will shine in the heavens for Eternity. Justice. Poetic justice. Let's just hope Morrissey dies of The Cancer too but with an undignified horrific end which everybody smirks at because he beckoned in karmic doom by parlaying pre-cancer as the real thing whilst Bowie watched and prepared to die with dignity. f*** Morrissey.

BB

- - - Updated - - -

I have defended Moz with my life for many years. But this Bowie snub c***ery is a bridge too far. He's quite rightly getting an absolute pasting for being the ONLY major figure in music (are we counting Dylan? He didn't know Bowie at all) to say f*** all regarding the passing of a man without whom he would have NO career of any kind. I don't know whether I find it remarkable or appalling or both. To say NOTHING about Bowie was something even I never thought he was capable of. Things can't be the same after this. I will love Morrissey forever, I will see his gigs and buy his albums, but I will never forget how he has behaved (or perhaps, not behaved) in these past few weeks.

A tribute to Terry f***ing Wogan and not a word about Bowie. For shame.

Morrissey is using Terry's death to troll Bowie. I'm sure Bowie is laughing at the idiot Trollissey. As we all should do.

BB

- - - Updated - - -

Why not stay away from the gigs too? I wouldn't fancy seeing you there...and Morrissey would have no career without Bowie? Do me a favour.
If you are sad about Bowie's death I'm sorry for you but why don't you take some time to grieve and perhaps reflect on what he means to you and why instead of angry rants on the internet over someone else's reaction to his death. Just a thought.. Don't go cursing me...c***ery etc...All this death talk is making me peckish, I may have some toast. Good luck with everything, the anger especially. xx

You're peckish? Here....suck my balls. Whilst Trollissey rims me.

BB

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone has come out saying how Bowie saved them, what next, he delivered Bradjolinas baby too? So phony. Bowie was rude to Morrissey and he shouldn't say anything. Yes this latest TTY is a snub to Bowie, Terry Woban's body wasn't even cold yet before the TTY posted. Who cares. Love you Moz.

with 'fans' like you who needs enemies?

BB

- - - Updated - - -

The great thing about Wogan wasn't just that he was a legndary broadcaster and all round good egg; he was also shrewd, being the only 'c'leb' who demanded a fee for appearing on the yearly Children in Need telethon. What a guy!

Unlike Trollissey who is renowned for his endless philanthropy. #TrollFAIL!

BB

It seems that Morrissey attempted to bury the hatchet and Bowie turned his nose up at him.

I'm not really sure why the Bowie topic is even on the main page though, to be honest, considering Morrissey did not post on TTY about it and it is of course "other music" news.

Because Trollissey knew that the passing of Bowie was orders of magnitude bigger than anything he's ever done or will do. That's why he didn't want this story on the front page with his help but sadly for Trollissey the site owner's recognised the epochal event. f*** Morrissey. f*** you.

BB

Do anything? Well, I'd certainly piss and spit on Morrissey's grave.

BB

You'd have to get past me first you insufferable prat.

Why the f*** should Morrissey be obliged to pen some gushing words about Bowie. Just because so many c***s here think it's the PC thing to do?

Morrissey left the Outside tour because he declined to acquiesce to Bowie's demands to slink off-stage quietly and provide a grand entrance to Bowie's drum and bass bollocks. He spent five years paying for it with Bowie's hangers-on doing their best to create bad press thereafter...especially the folks at Mojo.

God forbid that Morrissey should voice his opinion on Bowie's output post '72. He said it like it was, did this prick you, prick you?

Like all human beings, Morrissey has admitted that some of his comments were childish and he tried to pay tribute to Bowie's art in life. But it wasn't good enough for Dave. Yet of course, it's Morrissey who is holding the grudge.

We both know, if a TTY statement had been made, you'd be the first f***er to shout hypocrite, you hypocrite.

SSOB

morrissey's a f***ing prick, no bowie statement, not a single word. just shows how bitter n spiteful he is, even in death.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom