TTY: Supreme, yet not; Morrissey's second statement on Supreme

Link from an anonymous person:

Supreme, yet not - true-to-you.net
15 February 2016

As a matter of fact, I do not have, do not want, nor do I need, any money from the company called Supreme.

If Supreme have sent money in my name then they could track it down and reclaim it - if they had NOT printed that photograph of me for their 2016 campaign.

By running prints of the photograph they have derailed their own negotiations. This is why they are angry.

The photograph is dreadful and will help neither myself nor Supreme. Who needs it? Nobody.

Supreme were warned by my lawyer and accountant that the photograph should NOT be used. Supreme ignored this advice. Hence this mess.

I write these statements because there is no one else to write them. The joy I receive from such statements is non-existent.

thank you,
Morrissey
15 February 2016.

Related items:

The only thing worse than watching a cheap t shirt company and Morrissey argue over who did what to who is listening to you guys piss n' moan about it.

No, listening to you piss n' moan about the pissing n' moaning is a tiny bit worse. Then there's me pissing moaning about that, which is not quite so bad, but still pretty hard to tolerate.

I agree with you. That photo doesn't make him any justice. And that's very strange, since he is very photogenic, even when he isn't posing.

Supreme proceeded with the printing of the image, so they have no right to dissolve the contract and claim the money back. Even more, since Morrissey specifically asked them not to use any of those photos, they can be sued for damages. The image is very important for an artist. He even offered a photo he liked and Supreme rejected it. That proves his bona fide in the contract.

I love the way he deals with bullies. It's inspiring.

Seriously... who thinks he needs that money?

They offered to dissolve the contract if he gave back the money. He says he told them he would give the money back if they didn't use the picture. They say he never responded. He says he never got any money and if he did they can backtrace it. Boz said consequences will never be the same.

Who thinks he needs the money? Anyone following the #ProfitFromParis mess, a situation where the communication breakdown reads quite a bit like this one. Morrissey believes that all of his listeners will only hear his side of the story apparently.

The only thing worse than watching a cheap t shirt company and Morrissey argue over who did what to who is listening to you guys piss n' moan about it.

Marred, you're one of the few people here who has any sense. Thank you.

On a personal note, I'd like to apologize to Morrissey for assuming this was a publicity stunt when it was in fact, not. I am proud of you Morrissey for your undying love and protection of animals and I'm ashamed of myself for thinking your intent was otherwise. Thank you for doing what you've always done: Be real, courageous and sincere. Thank you and I love you. No one can hold a candle to you, truly. Put simply, f*** SUPREME and f*** the haters.

-From the bigmouth who met you on Sweetzer April 2002 (The greatest day of my life).

FVjebM0.jpg

supreme paid money to terry richardson. that's all i really need to know about supreme.

TEAM MOZ.

Do you have a short memory? Moz just used Terry Richardson photos for tour posters! With the lion! Morrissey probably requested Terry. Like he cares about associating with men of this kind. Took a photo happily with Mel Gibson ffs. Also a joke how Sam alluded that he was a better photographer than Terry on a FB post yesterday or the day before. Then said in reference to Terry (being a predator) that he never ignores predatory ways. Yet it's a fact that at some point Moz decided to use old photos taken by Terry and then agreed or chose him as the photographer for the Supreme pic. YET now he is acknowledged as a predator?! Or was that also something just learned by Moz camp. Unlikely. So much bullshit being thrown. They really think most fans are dumb at this point.

lets just state the obvious, for the record: moz probably doesnt have any money to refund the fee.
creates a cluster about photos and white castle and other assorted nonsense just to confuse matters and find a way to save face that his skint.
he has no money.

'They say he never responded.' But didn't his lawyer respond for him?

'He says he never got any money and if ' Yes I agree.. both last statements of his do read to contradict each other. Maybe something will be stated that will clear this mistake in his statements up. I find it hard to believe he would say something a day apart(?) that would be so obviously a lie. Anyways,I can care less. What matters is that they used a photo he didn't want used and he should(if not already?) get paid.

Hitting the bottle while jealously watching the Grammys from your luxury hotel bungalow?

You know what? None if this is any of our business really. Why do we think it is? Morrissey is a singer who through his lyrics have all touched us and grown to love this man. Many of us have intruded on his life and act as if we should have any say on his comings and goings and business deals. I believe this has had a negative effect on him in many ways and he shuts himself off from the world. This actually makes me incredibly sad. He is a very loyal friend and he has been very loyal to his fans. Have you seen how much he tours? Signs arms, legs, chests,etc. I have posted on this site because i know he reads things here and wanted him to see nice things about him. Morrissey, you are so incredibly interesting and your precious heart is so worth protecting. Sorry to get so sappy but i have my reasons.

You know what? None if this is any of our business really. Why do we think it is? Morrissey is a singer who through his lyrics have all touched us and grown to love this man. Many of us have intruded on his life and act as if we should have any say on his comings and goings and business deals. I believe this has had a negative effect on him in many ways and he shuts himself off from the world. This actually makes me incredibly sad. He is a very loyal friend and he has been very loyal to his fans. Have you seen how much he tours? Signs arms, legs, chests,etc. I have posted on this site because i know he reads things here and wanted him to see nice things about him. Morrissey, you are so incredibly interesting and your precious heart is so worth protecting. Sorry to get so sappy but i have my reasons.

http://youtu.be/Mzybwwf2HoQ

Britney reminds me of Marilyn Monroe here with the blonde hair and hot pink outfit. Seems like you really can relate to her, Phantom (of yourself) Poster.

lets just state the obvious, for the record: moz probably doesnt have any money to refund the fee.
creates a cluster about photos and white castle and other assorted nonsense just to confuse matters and find a way to save face that his skint.
he has no money.

This is sad news. I don't like to hear he has money problems. Where did all the money go?

Just wanted to say it's a pitty morrissey wasn't more concerned about the actual photographer involved ...... Given his work with women and upcoming court case that would actually be a real reason to want out

Just wanted to say it's a pitty morrissey wasn't more concerned about the actual photographer involved ...... Given his work with women and upcoming court case that would actually be a real reason to want out

"work with women"...that's one way of phrasing it. Morrissey does not respect women, my dear. A lot of gays hate women because they are frustrated with their identity.

'They say he never responded.' But didn't his lawyer respond for him?

'He says he never got any money and if ' Yes I agree.. both last statements of his do read to contradict each other. Maybe something will be stated that will clear this mistake in his statements up. I find it hard to believe he would say something a day apart(?) that would be so obviously a lie. Anyways,I can care less. What matters is that they used a photo he didn't want used and he should(if not already?) get paid.
Couldn't care less*

the majority of you are absolutely abysmal. if someone took a picture of me that i didnt like, i would have serious issues with them using it in an ad campaign as well. if a man doesnt want his picture used to sell products, what business does supreme have using it? possibly supreme had no business approaching morrissey in the first place because of their dealings with white castle. the absolute truism of morrissey is that when you get morrissey, you get morrissey--not just an image, but everything he is about. if you're dealings dont square with what he is about, dont approach him. other than that, i dont understand why he doesnt like the picture. it's a fantastic picture of a crazily handsome man.

the majority of you are absolutely abysmal. if someone took a picture of me that i didnt like, i would have serious issues with them using it in an ad campaign as well. if a man doesnt want his picture used to sell products, what business does supreme have using it? possibly supreme had no business approaching morrissey in the first place because of their dealings with white castle. the absolute truism of morrissey is that when you get morrissey, you get morrissey--not just an image, but everything he is about. if you're dealings dont square with what he is about, dont approach him. other than that, i dont understand why he doesnt like the picture. it's a fantastic picture of a crazily handsome man.

You got the crazy part right. That's all.

it makes me sad as well. he strikes me as an incredibly valuable, worthwhile person. but what can you do? philistines will always be philistines. alas.

Many of us have intruded on his life and act as if we should have any say on his comings and goings and business deals. I believe this has had a negative effect on him in many ways and he shuts himself off from the world. This actually makes me incredibly sad.

Yeah, because he was so open to the world during The Smiths' days? Give me a break. Morrissey hasn't changed at all. Insularity, paranoid thinking that everyone is out to get him, whilst simultaneously thinking he is the greatest human being who has ever lived, the constant feeding off of negative energy, and a seeming total inability to get through any business deal without ending up in a bitter feud over money. Back in the Smiths day this would just be another one of those issues where Moz would refuse to pay back the money, stop answering the phone, and dump it all on Johnny to try and sort out. Absolutely nothing has changed about this man in the years he's been in the music industry. He still follows his own egocentric/paranoid whims, leaving a trail of chaos and unpaid bills behind him, and blaming everyone else for anything that goes wrong - as he has from Day One.

Don't get me wrong - I love the guy's music and lyrics (well, mostly), but he's a natural born asshole, and always has been.

Any business which signs a contract with Morrissey must be run by absolute imbeciles.

You would think by now anyone bringing forward a proposal to work with him would be set packing by the powers that be in any organisation. That's what is happening in the record companies. The true horror of doing any sort of deal with Mr. Truculent Unreliable still cannot have filtered down just yet. If I was in charge at Supreme I'd be asking my marketing people what planet they were on and which one would they like to be sent to for their next posting.

That said, it is interesting that Supreme managed to work with Lou Reed, a notoriously unpleasant pain in the arse, without complication, yet Morrissey, true to form, causes trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

it makes me sad as well. he strikes me as an incredibly valuable, worthwhile person. but what can you do? philistines will always be philistines. alas.

He's a sociopath at best.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom