TTY: Wall art in West Palm Beach

Wall art in West Palm Beach - true-to-you.net
2 August 2015

wall_art_in_west_palm_beach.jpg

I'm one of those kids with music on my phone.. Maybe I can explain the mentality behind the madness..

I would say the flicking around from artist to artist or genre to genre is the modern equivalent of making a mix tape. Intentional choices of music that fits a mold only the creator knows. This isn't always the case but.. I have playlists that go from Billy Fury to Suicide to Big Mama Thorton to Fionn Regan to whatever. Nonsensical choices for being part of a defined tribe.

There are still tribes though. We just tend to run closer together so you might not notice the lines. Music is vastly available these days. We don't have to hunt down a single or LP and chance not getting it. Most albums are instantly available or a special order away. With this availability come a lot more open minded people that are driven on the most base level of personal preference. Sometimes you hear a song and it hits you right. I don't let my grungy roots define my music library.

I am a complete snob by the way. I only buy original pressings of records and believe vinyl reigns supreme. I hate digital music. I just think being able to listen to an album anywhere trumps my desire to be pretentious.

Good to know. Thank You.

bigger question...was this painted with the property owner's permission? Otherwise Moz and TTY are glorifying illegal vandalism and therefore I assume they would not mind if somebody came over and tagged their personal property with "artwork"

Back
Top Bottom