Twitter is dead

A

Anonymous

“Hundreds of employees say no to being part of Elon Musk’s ‘extremely hardcore’ Twitter

Musk gave Twitter staff a deadline to say if they are staying for his cultural reset of the company. And right on deadline, the farewell emojis started pouring into Twitter’s Slack.

Hundreds of Twitter’s remaining employees have resigned ahead of Elon Musk’s “extremely hardcore” cultural reset of the company, according to internal Slack messages seen by The Verge and employee tweets.

The fresh purge of Twitter’s ranks comes after Musk recently fired dozens of employees who criticized or mocked him in tweets and internal messages. Musk then set a deadline of 5PM ET on Thursday for all employees to respond “yes” on in Google form if they want to stay for what he is calling “Twitter 2.0;” otherwise, today would be their final day of work and they would receive a severance package. After the deadline hit, hundreds of employees quickly started posting farewell messages and salute emojis in Twitter’s Slack, announcing that they had said no to Musk’s ultimatum.

Twitter had roughly 2,900 remaining employees before the deadline Thursday, thanks to Musk unceremoniously laying off about half of the 7,500-person workforcewhen he took over and the resignations that followed. Remaining and departing Twitter employees told The Verge that, given the scale of the resignations this week, they expect the platform to start breaking soon. One said that they’ve watched “legendary engineers” and others they look up to leave one by one. “It feels like all the people who made this place incredible are leaving,” the Twitter staffer said. “It will be extremely hard for Twitter to recover from here, no matter how hardcore the people who remain try to be.”
More:

Twitter is apparently hitting it's all time high usage.

Hes forcing their hand to quit so they cant sue him under California termination laws.

So 2 scenarios now happen, all the ESG WOKE hires flee and twitter is now free speech, or twitter goes under.
Both scenarios end up destroying the division on both sides that social media has caused in the past 10 years.

Love it.

I never liked twitter, I've had various accounts I open and delete, but I never really tweet. I think something had to change, I would prefer someone set it on fire because it's so nasty there.
I really don't know what Elon Musk's end goal is here, but he's pretty funny.

Free Speech: c*** Elon Musk is about to let Trump back on twitter

Title of thread etc

Imagine having strong feelings about f***ing Twitter.

we should all do a "Release the Bonfire" petition to Capital records. Surely we can get a few thousand on social media?
Babe, Twitter is about to shit the bed and i've got a half dozen clients with more than a several million followers each blowing up my phone on a Friday night demanding answers on which platform they should be migrating to. I'm going to ignore them until Monday.

Babe, Twitter is about to shit the bed and i've got a half dozen clients with more than a several million followers each blowing up my phone on a Friday night demanding answers on which platform they should be migrating to. I'm going to ignore them until Monday.
well f*** the f***ers off and get M on there. Let him takeover the Twitterverse

why has my post been moved here,? it was about doing a petition for M on SOCIAL MEDIA
the other user mentioned Twitter. not f***ing me.
I simply replied. My comments was in reference to how good the song was. so to try and get the lp out

Imagine not knowing how the world works now.
The world works in a way that requires strong feelings for a destructive and hostile social media platform? If that is the case, count me the f*** out even more than before.

Last edited:
The world works in a way that requires strong feelings for a destructive and hostile social media platform? If that is the case, count me the f*** out even more than before.
Dude that sounds like extremely strong feelings lol

I don't have a strong opinion either way about Twitter. I never use it nor do I follow anyone's tweets. I don't enjoy hearing reports about how Elon is treating the employees - that would be the strongest feeling I have on the topic.

“Before Sunday, if a user clicked on someone’s verified blue check, an information flag would appear. Those verified before Twitter Blue was released would display the words, “This account is verified because it’s notable in government, news, entertainment, or another designated category.” Those who had $8 to spare would show the message, “This account is verified because it’s subscribed to Twitter Blue” — a disclosure that immediately led to weeks of mockery and the birth of a new meme on Twitter.

Now, making fun of Twitter Blue subscribers won’t be as easy. The new information flags on some blue checks currently read, “This account is verified because it’s subscribed to Twitter Blue or is a legacy verified account.” The change, which started on Sunday, has already led to a new round of jokes, and dozens of notable accounts now publicly declaring they did not pay for Twitter Blue.”

Back
Top Bottom