We all know it will never happen but what if?

Ok lets pretend that The Smiths regroup for a show!

How much would you pay to get hold of a ticket or if your broke what would you be willing to do get hold of one?

I wouldn't be willing tp pay more than £500 or something.
I mean even if they do get together again, it would not be like the 80s. It may be total crap, I'd rather watch youtube videos of The Smiths.:)

I'd rather see the the Phillies win the quintessential FIFTH game of the world series live than Morrissey and Marr on stage. All those towels whipping, the concentration on the mound, waiting for the crack of the bat. Now THAT'S the behind the sun shines out of, not a silly song. :)

Ok lets pretend that The Smiths regroup for a show!

How much would you pay to get hold of a ticket or if your broke what would you be willing to do get hold of one?

Hey, err, girl!
I ran a poll about this a year or two ago just to see exactly what kind of a reunion people wanted.
The results were illuminating.
Many, many, more people wanted to see a Morrissey/Marr reunion than a Smiths reunion.
A full Smiths reunion is really not the ultimate fan dream that some people seem to think it is...

Hey, err, girl!
I ran a poll about this a year or two ago just to see exactly what kind of a reunion people wanted.
The results were illuminating.
Many, many, more people wanted to see a Morrissey/Marr reunion than a Smiths reunion.
A full Smiths reunion is really not the ultimate fan dream that some people seem to think it is...

Maybe a lot can change in a year or two?

I'd pay bout £300 but we all no it ain't ever going to happen i have more chance of wining the lottery:D

It would be a dilema but I would probably give it a miss. I'd rather have the memory of the Smiths as they were, not the bunch of middle aged men that they are now. Of course I would watch the videos on youtube etc but wouldn't really fancy the spectacle first hand. What I would like to see though is Morrissey and Marr do an acoustic show together. Now that would be something..

morrissey and marr, yeah, it would be nice. even new tunes as a new band.
no smiths.

You know what bugs the f*** out of me? This DELUSION that the Smiths was ONLY Morrissey and Marr. GOD! What the hell? Is it just more convenient for you to organize it in your tiny brains that Morrissey and Marr were the only sources of THE MAGIC? It was a group effort, to reunite without Rourke and that other guy is to spit in their faces, just plain RUDE.

You know what bugs the f*** out of me? This DELUSION that the Smiths was ONLY Morrissey and Marr. GOD! What the hell? Is it just more convenient for you to organize it in your tiny brains that Morrissey and Marr were the only sources of THE MAGIC? It was a group effort, to reunite without Rourke and that other guy is to spit in their faces, just plain RUDE.

i see. it may be rather hyprocritical, but i don't want them to ruin their legacy, which would not formally happen if they called themselves 'the bins'.
i know it wasn't just the two of them. andy's basslines are always in my mind.

i see. it may be rather hyprocritical, but i don't want them to ruin their legacy, which would not formally happen if they called themselves 'the bins'.
i know it wasn't just the two of them. andy's basslines are always in my mind.

The bins? As in the Has Beens? They just shouldn't reunite and redefine period. I know redefinition is the museic business, but The Smiths should be wise and stay The Smiths so as not to taint the history of this myth with confused combinations.

The Smiths would not have happened without Morrissey or Marr. The Smiths probably would still have happened without Joyce or Rourke. This is in no way meant to be disparaging to either of the latter two- who are both remarkably talented in their own right. But the fact of the matter is that The Smiths was built on the beautiful relationship and chemistry between Morrissey and Marr, and I think that is what most people remember after all these years- and of course, unfortunately, the court case.

The Smiths was built on the beautiful relationship and chemistry between Morrissey and Marr, and I think that is what most people remember after all these years- and of course, unfortunately, the court case.

And you know this how?

Agreed. Although I had to laugh at the way you put it - 'and that other guy'. :p

I was just wondering if you were Morrissey. Look, I know that Morrissey and Marr were the driving forces of the Smiths, I just caution you not to underestimate the other's contribution. To say the Smiths wouldn't have happened without the other two is preposterous. EVERYTHING, every single song, mood, delicacy in instrumentation would be different, it would've been a different band. It's true that greatness surrounds Morrissey, but to say that it would still be the Smiths is wrong. I would be severely disappointed in Morrissey if a reformation took place without Rourke and Joyce. I will now shut up and no I do not represent council for Rourke and Joyce, Im just being fair.

Back
Top Bottom