What band shirt should I wear for the moz show?

pick my shirt for the show

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wear anything other than a Morrissey/Smiths t-shirt. Wearing a t-shirt of the artist you're going to see makes me cringe slightly. Clichéd.

ok, I did not want to admit this, but I only put Morrissey in the choices to be "fair"(among the bands shirts I have to wear)
honestly, I wear him to almost all other bands I go see, so I rarely wear him to a show of his own :o
also
woa, is Mindless Ruffian rocking this thread or what! :thumb:
Cassie too, of course :blushing:

ok, I did not want to admit this, but I only put Morrissey in the choices to be "fair"(among the bands shirts I have to wear)
honestly, I wear him to almost all other bands I go see, so I rarely wear him to a show of his own :o
also
woa, is Mindless Ruffian rocking this thread or what! :thumb:
Cassie too, of course :blushing:

I'm just awesome like that

Wear anything other than a Morrissey/Smiths t-shirt. Wearing a t-shirt of the artist you're going to see makes me cringe slightly. Clichéd.

Not sure I understand this sentiment - I just paid possibly quite of bit of money to see this person, I've spent hours on his fan site, I waited in line for hours to get a good ticket/place in concert, I drove x miles to see him, I'm seeing him for the xth time, but I'm too cool to what? show that he's my favorite? admit I own a t-shirt with him on it? admit that I'm a huge fan of his?

I haven't had a Morrissey t-shirt to wear to his concert in years (the old ones got full of holes) but still....

What's your reasoning behind not wearing a t-shirt depicting Morrissey to one of his gigs?

Not sure I understand this sentiment - I just paid possibly quite of bit of money to see this person, I've spent hours on his fan site, I waited in line for hours to get a good ticket/place in concert, I drove x miles to see him, I'm seeing him for the xth time, but I'm too cool to what? show that he's my favorite? admit I own a t-shirt with him on it? admit that I'm a huge fan of his?

I haven't had a Morrissey t-shirt to wear to his concert in years (the old ones got full of holes) but still....

You're obviously not 'too cool' then :p Oh I don't know I just don't wear band t-shirts of the band I'm going to see, maybe I like to be unique and going to place were a good few other people will have the same t-shirt just isn't me bag. I'm not really making sense I understand that, but oh well :thumb:

What's your reasoning behind not wearing a t-shirt depicting Morrissey to one of his gigs?

well, reason and me are frequently at odds :lbf:
& like I said though, its just I usually wear my Moz shirts to spread "Moz awareness" where it may be lacking more than one of his concerts :cool:
(still one is in the washing machine right now as we "speak" :eek:)

I don't think I ever wear a t-shirt to a concert that is of a different band to the one I'm seeing. Then again, I don't see many bands. My logic is that it shows support to the band themselves, as if I was in the band playing, I'd be a bit miffed if everyone came in t-shirts of bands that I didn't like. :p

I don't think I ever wear a t-shirt to a concert that is of a different band to the one I'm seeing. Then again, I don't see many bands. My logic is that it shows support to the band themselves, as if I was in the band playing, I'd be a bit miffed if everyone came in t-shirts of bands that I didn't like. :p

thats you Frannie, you a nice person :)
whereas I will not change and be nice :lbf:

well, reason and me are frequently at odds :lbf:
& like I said though, its just I usually wear my Moz shirts to spread "Moz awareness" where it may be lacking more than one of his concerts :cool:
(still one is in the washing machine right now as we "speak" :eek:)

I like acting like a Morrissey disciple at times, the question that arises most is, "who's that?' Bastards! ;)

Surely, you're showing support by actually being there? :p I usually don't wear any sort of band t-shirt, in fact I usually wear plain black clothes to a gig, you can't see the sweat then :thumb:

Surely, you're showing support by actually being there? :p I usually don't wear any sort of band t-shirt, in fact I usually wear plain black clothes to a gig, you can't see the sweat then :thumb:

I suppose just being there shows support, although to me it seems a bit duplicious to come to a Morrissey concert in another band t-shirt. Then again, I do have funny little habits. That's not to say that I never wear non-band tees to gigs, I have done that before - they're neutral. :p

I picked none of the above.

Dress to kill. A t-shirt isn't really the best thing in your wardrobe. At least I hope not.

I picked none of the above.

Dress to kill. A t-shirt isn't really the best thing in your wardrobe. At least I hope not.

of course its not :cool: but I am not going on a date, its just my 30plus Moz show :lbf:
ok, real reason I would not "dress to kill" :o
I would be afraid of sweating too much and I would be embarrassed by that
sorry dude :blushing:

of course its not :cool: but I am not going on a date, its just my 30plus Moz show
ok, real reason I would not "dress to kill"
I would be afraid of sweating too much and I would be embarrassed by that
sorry dude

I can't help you there. Only you can decide what is the right thing for you. If you are dead set on wearing a t-shirt you should pick the one that makes you feel best.

thank you all for your votes but I have decided to go with my slightly stained at the bottom :o
old Bauhaus shirt from the Resurrection Tour of 1998 :straightface:
after this I am retiring it, amen...

I always wear a band t-shirt to the concert I'm going to. No one gives a shit about what I wear anyway. It's all about meeeeeeeee!

Robby, so what did you wear? The Bauhaus shirt?
yes, my old Bauhaus shirt which I wish had been long sleeved for when smoking outside :eek:

How was the concert for you?
I rate it 4 out of 5. I would have liked it to have been longer, which I think it may have been if those thugs who stormed up to the front had been removed earlier.
Also, paying a hundred dollars to be 30 rows back or more felt like a rip off, but thats not Morrissey's fault either...

Also, I saw some people here from the forums that clearly recognized me, but only one came up and identified themselves by their forum name
the rest were too meek(or whatever :confused:) to :p though some did ask me the time or for directions :rolleyes:
hard to believe Morrissey fans span the spectrum of people like that :blushing: and others who attack security guards :crazy:

ps: a good number of my rl goth friends came to the gig, none were impressed with the show by the way :cool:
it just was too expensive, too short and in to "non-intimate" a space for our tastes and I agree, I will not be going to see Morrissey ever again unless I know for sure that I am much closer to the stage :straightface:

Back
Top Bottom