What Next...?

Bassist-In-A-Tutu

Some of you may of read my depressing thread over there ->

I am cheering up a bit and I want you to set me a challange.... I have just learned Suedehead and Speedway bass lines, i'm on a role and it is cheering me up a bit - my hands hurt but who cares this is fun! :D

So - set me a challange (Not too hard please I'm not that good - I gave up on Barbarism begins at home it was too tricky, so that is out) But one of your faves - a little trucky is good!

What to learn next - any Smiths or Morrisey you care to suggest - I'll learn the one with the most votes over the next few hours.

Thanks for playing - it'll cheer me up even more to be able to come back and report success! :)

Thanks

No, you MUST play Barbarism :D, I too tought it was difficult, but it isn't; Andy plays the same riff in almost the whole song, he just picks three different notes near the end ang changes a bit the riff the last time he plays it.
Do you figure out the notes on your own?
If Barbarism is out then I'll post the notes, at least how I play it.

I have a tab - this is what is suggests....

G |---------------------1---2-------|---------------------------------|
D |-------4-------------------------|-------4-------------------------|
A |-------------2h4-----------------|-----------2-2h3-4-------3-------|
E |-2---------------2---------------|-2-------------------------------|

G |---------------------1---2-------|-------------------------2---1---|
D |---------------------------------|-0---0-0---1-1---2---------------|
A |-2-----2-------------------------|---------------------------------|
E |-------------4---5---------------|---------------------------------|

Plus abour 4 variations on that, and some alternate endings.....

Last edited:
That's how I play it, capo 2nd fret, thanks for that tab, it's been useful, I used to play it in slightly different way, and my version below is slightly different too, I'm not sure it's correct, but that's what I hear.
|------------------------|-----------------------|
|-----2-X----------4-5--|-----2-X---------------|
|----------0h2----------|-----------0h1h2--1----|
|--0------------0-------|--0---------------------|

|-----------------------|-------------------------|
|--------------4-5------|-----------------5-4-----|
|--0-0------------------|--3-3-0h3--5------------|
|-------2-3-------------|-------------------------|

You said there are 4 variations, I can't hear them well because of other instruments. The part I transcribed above is at about 5.32-5.55.
But Andy doesn't play with capo...

EDIT: in the danielearwicker's video of Barbarism the bass player uses a capo at 2nd fret.

Last edited:
Thanks peeps.... I can already play most of heaven knows - although i am still figuring out the odd chord here and there. Was surprised to find them there. And Why Don't you find out for yourseld I learned last wee - it's an all time fave and I love to play allong.

The loop sounds like a good idea - sounds like hew was playing an upright?

I'll have a go at Ask tomorrow, it's getting too late to concentrate on new stuff. I don't know Sheila take a bow - I will discover it and have a go!

Thanks all - I am starting to cheer up - I hope it lasts 'till morning. :o

(I even made a new ashtray in the metal work shop! Would you like to see a picky?)

Thanks peeps.... I can already play most of heaven knows - although i am still figuring out the odd chord here and there. Was surprised to find them there. And Why Don't you find out for yourseld I learned last wee - it's an all time fave and I love to play allong.

The loop sounds like a good idea - sounds like hew was playing an upright?

I'll have a go at Ask tomorrow, it's getting too late to concentrate on new stuff. I don't know Sheila take a bow - I will discover it and have a go!

Thanks all - I am starting to cheer up - I hope it lasts 'till morning. :o

(I even made a new ashtray in the metal work shop! Would you like to see a picky?)

Yes I would like to see a pic :D
also are you going to record your self for us to see/hear? or too shy?

Back
Top Bottom