What songs are you obsessed with at the moment?

I'd Love To. I've been slightly obsessed with that simple song for months now.

I wake up in the morning with Moz songs in my brain. I have to listen to them immediately or I get all itchy.

Friday Mourning, it's on now, on a loop. I have it only on Live in Earls Court. Gives me shivers... Can you tell me more about it? Was it a b-side?

Well I Wonder. No matter how many times I play it I'm nearly always reduced to tears. It's just beautiful, both musically and lyrically.

I'm forever playing East West perhaps because it's a song my daughter actually likes..

Friday Mourning, it's on now, on a loop. I have it only on Live in Earls Court. Gives me shivers... Can you tell me more about it? Was it a b-side?

Yes it was a b-side, to Let Me Kiss You. It was written by Boz and I'm pretty sure it (along with the other b-sides Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice and I Am Two People) were written and thus recorded after You Are the Quarry was completed. I think those were the first sessions Jesse played on. You can find the studio version on the YATQ Deluxe Edition, which has many other great b-sides on it.

At the moment I'm obsessed with the live versions of Alsatian Cousin and Speedway from 2002. I think I still prefer the studio versions for both those songs, but those two songs sounded so great on that tour, better than any other tour I've heard them played on.

Lucky Lisp and Is it Really so Strange.

I keep waking up in the morning with the line "I left the North, I travelled South..." in my head.

Yes it was a b-side, to Let Me Kiss You. It was written by Boz and I'm pretty sure it (along with the other b-sides Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice and I Am Two People) were written and thus recorded after You Are the Quarry was completed. I think those were the first sessions Jesse played on. You can find the studio version on the YATQ Deluxe Edition, which has many other great b-sides on it.

At the moment I'm obsessed with the live versions of Alsatian Cousin and Speedway from 2002. I think I still prefer the studio versions for both those songs, but those two songs sounded so great on that tour, better than any other tour I've heard them played on.

Thanks a lot! Unfortunately I only have a simple edition of You Are the Quarry :( And I love the two songs you mentioned. Especially Alsatian Cousin. Especially now that I've just come back from Alsace ;)

GOOD ONE! I've always obsessed on that song on this CD. In fact I listened to it just a bit ago and shivered me timbers as well :) The piano parts sound a little Elton John-ish to me, but that would never be a problem.

You know what part I love the most -it's not even lyrics- and I'm sure you've heard it too, if not, repeat the song for the 100th time...

"Friday Mourning I'm dressed in black...
***inhale/lick lips***
Douse the house lights...."

I just LOVE how you can hear that. Call me a freak (you're one too =o) and then there is that whole "I will never stand naked in front of you or if I do..." *sigh* Moz, don't tease me.

I'm forever playing East West perhaps because it's a song my daughter actually likes..

Thanks to Pregs I own this song now :D yeay! and she smartly used it as the CD opener :)
Funny, my 7 yr old really likes it too (interesting that it appeals to the kids) To me, it's very Irish sounding with a dash of musical and a sprinkle of Beatles-->esp that part 'what a great life this must seem'. And when he goes into...'but when I hear your voice'... oh, fughedaboutit... I'm having a great life then & there!

The 2002 tour was great, too bad I missed it. It was apurely magic one.
:D

GOOD ONE! I've always obsessed on that song on this CD. In fact I listened to it just a bit ago and shivered me timbers as well :) The piano parts sound a little Elton John-ish to me, but that would never be a problem.

You know what part I love the most -it's not even lyrics- and I'm sure you've heard it too, if not, repeat the song for the 100th time...

***inhale/lick lips***

I just LOVE how you can hear that. Call me a freak (you're one too =o) and then there is that whole "I will never stand naked in front of you or if I do..." *sigh* Moz, don't tease me.

Nice. I heard the inhale/liplick perfectly. But I think the best part of the song is the yodeling/howling at the end. So heart wrenching to me, personally.
frown.gif

Last edited:
Nice. I heard the inhale/liplick perfectly. But I think the best part of the song is the yodeling/howling at the end. So heart wrenching to me, personally.
frown.gif

YES YES YES - I forgot to mention the ending. Nice call. Goosebumps just thinking about it. TGIFridayMourning, Crystal :D

p.s. I am currently obsessed with Ganglord. Cuz I am so ghetto, you know =o)

***inhale/lick lips***

Yes, yes, I agree with you about the piano part, though I've never thought about it that way... I HAVE to listen to it more and more, cause I haven't heard the inhale/liplick part :confused: Is it because I listen to my mp3 only in noisy places (street, airplane, gym)???? And yes, I am a freak too ;) The "naked" part is simply heartbreaking!

Wonderful Woman, played this to death.

Back
Top Bottom