What would happen if Obama lost???

Sorry, guys. :o

A University of Texas poll to be released this week shows Republican presidential candidate John McCain and GOP Sen. John Cornyn leading by comfortable margins in Texas, as expected. But the statewide survey of 550 registered voters has one very surprising finding: 23 percent of Texans are convinced that Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama is a Muslim.

Obama is a Christian who was embroiled in a controversy earlier this year about his two-decade membership in Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ. Yet just 45 percent of those polled identified the Illinois senator as a Protestant.

The Obama-is-a-Muslim confusion is caused by fallacious Internet rumors and radio talk-show gossip. McCain went so far at one of his town hall meetings to grab a microphone from a woman who claimed that Obama was an Arab.

The Texas numbers are unusual because most national polls show that just 5 to 10 percent of Americans still believe Obama is a Muslim — less than half the number of Texans who buy into the debunked theories.

The UT poll shows McCain running ahead of Obama statewide, with a 51 percent to 40 percent margin. Cornyn, a first-term Republican from San Antonio, leads Rick Noriega, a state representative from Houston, 45 percent to 36 percent. Another 14 percent of voters remain undecided in the contest.

The poll found that 89 percent of Lone Star State voters say the country's economic situation is worse than a year ago. And President Bush and Congress both get record low marks.

Just 34 percent of Texans approve of Bush's job performance — a big change for a former governor who won re-election 10 years ago with 70 percent of the vote. And Congress is even more unpopular:

Just 8 percent of Texas voters approve of the work being done on Capitol Hill.

The telephone poll was conducted by the Texas Politics Project and Department of Government at The University of Texas at Austin. The poll was conducted from Oct. 15 to 22, and had a margin of error of 4.2 percentage points.

No, but said crack addict ex-mayor is the current Ward 8 Councilman. :D

Which of course means he'll be mayor again at some point. Like Chris Rock said, "Marion Berry Was At The Million Man March? WTF?? Black American's Finest Hour and there was a crack addict on state!!"

Which of course means he'll be mayor again at some point. Like Chris Rock said, "Marion Berry Was At The Million Man March? WTF?? Black American's Finest Hour and there was a crack addict on state!!"

IIRC, he did run for mayor in the last primary a couple years ago. He's barely intelligible when I hear him on the radio, but I think he routinely wins his council seat with 80% of the vote or something. Ward 8 is the poorest ward in town, and that's saying something.

IIRC, he did run for mayor in the last primary a couple years ago. He's barely intelligible when I hear him on the radio, but I think he routinely wins his council seat with 80% of the vote or something. Ward 8 is the poorest ward in town, and that's saying something.

I'm thinking the same people that were behind Bush & Cheney getting elected are behind Marion Berry's staying power.

I hope not. :)

Seriously - they should ban the IPs of the people that they originally banned for the sole reason that they are rapidly seizing too many decent user names with each attempt at a return.

Because I dismiss your so called "facts" in the same way that there are people that want to hand in their so called "documented facts" regarding their claims of a fictitious moon landing and those that hand the "documented facts" that the twin towers collapsed due to internal detonative charges.

You cannot possibly dispute with any credibility the purges of lawfully registered voters that the Republicans have been doing in Florida, Ohio and other close states in 2000, 2004 and 2008:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Central_Voter_File

Or the undisputed fact (no one disputes this) that the automatic machine recount in Florida 2000 mysteriously found hundreds of extra votes for Gore that were somehow not counted the first time.

Sorry, guys. :o

A University of Texas poll to be released this week shows Republican presidential candidate John McCain and GOP Sen. John Cornyn leading by comfortable margins in Texas, as expected. But the statewide survey of 550 registered voters has one very surprising finding: 23 percent of Texans are convinced that Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama is a Muslim.

That's not at all surprising. There was a similar poll in 2004 that showed that 75% of people voting for Bush wrongly believed that WMDs had been found in Iraq and that Saddam Hussein was somehow involved in 9/11. The percentage was much higher than in undecideds and Democrat voters.

http://us.oneworld.net/node/96543

"Large majorities of Kerry supporters, on the other hand, showed they knew both their candidate’s and Bush’s positions on the same issues. Bush supporters were also found to hold misperceptions regarding international support for the president and his policies."

Very unsurprising that Republican voters would be so much more poorly informed, misinformed and gullible than other Americans.

You cannot possibly dispute with any credibility the purges of lawfully registered voters that the Republicans have been doing in Florida, Ohio and other close states in 2000, 2004 and 2008:

Or the undisputed fact (no one disputes this) that the automatic machine recount in Florida 2000 mysteriously found hundreds of extra votes for Gore that were somehow not counted the first time.

Yes, Florida was a problem in 2000. But if Those counties got a re-vote, you'd have to give the entire country a re-vote.

You're smoking crack if you think Ohio was shady. ;) ;)

Seriously - they should ban the IPs of the people that they originally banned for the sole reason that they are rapidly seizing too many decent user names with each attempt at a return.

I totally agree. A ban of just user names is ineffectual.

Banning IPs is something DavidT has refused to do.

I believe I just did that didn't I?

You claim stolen election - I claim sore losing cry babies unable to face up to the fact that Gore lost. Was Bush a bad President? For the most part yes. To shift the blame away from the American public for being so short sighted in electing the man is outrageous.

I believe I just did that didn't I?

You did that, but not with much credibility or facts on your side.

You claim stolen election - I claim sore losing cry babies unable to face up to the fact that Gore lost. Was Bush a bad President? For the most part yes. To shift the blame away from the American public for being so short sighted in electing the man is outrageous.

Do remember that Gore won the popular vote in 2000 (got more votes), just not the electoral vote, and that's even after you factor in the 3% or more that voted for Nader and the high percentage of liberal Floridians that accidentally voted for ultraconservative Buchanan. And in an impartial manual recount of all Florida ballots that included both undervotes and overvotes (e.g. where people checkmarked Gore and also wrote in Gore, discounting their vote), Gore would have won Florida and the electoral vote as well. That's without factoring in the hundreds or more of Floridians who were eligible to vote but weren't allowed to vote due to having been removed from the voter lists by direction from Katherine Harris.

Also, as stated previously, Bush won in 2004 because 75% of his voters believed untruths about WMDs having been found in Iraq and Iraq being behind 9/11. That's not an accident, that's due to an intentional misinformation campaign by Bush, the RNC and Fox News, with a "liberal" mainstream media afraid to call any politician a liar.

Not that it was necessarily the liberal media's fault... It is an acknowledged fact that the Bush administration keeps reporters in line by uninviting certain reporters or news outlets to press conferences and trips, forcing their employer to replace and remove that reporter from that assignment. The proof is that this is the same M.O. as when Bush successfully smeared McCain in Carolina in 2000, and when he smeared Gore, who was practically devoid of any scandal, by painting him as a liar based on two innocuous and basically true statements about the Internet and Love Story, and trumping up the scandal involving less than $100,000 from the Buddhist temple where the temple reimbursed its member donors.

And it's pretty difficult to intentionally create a hanging or dimpled chad, it's usually that the voting machine is having mechanical trouble, not the voter's fault.

Considering all this, I can't really blame the voters like you want me to, it wasn't their fault. The voters were gamed and misled.

Last edited:
I'm thinking the same people that were behind Bush & Cheney getting elected are behind Marion Berry's staying power.

It's the exact opposite situation. The difference between Bush/Cheney and Marion Barry is that Marion Barry has always been wildly popular with his native DC constituents for the way he served them, despite the best attempts of the white intelligentsia to end his campaign through legal investigations.

On the other hand, Bush/Cheney have been wildly unpopular due to the way they refused to serve their constituents, and were re-elected due to clever targeted disinformation campaigns like push polling, smear tactics coordinated by third parties, and increasing legal investigations into their opponents.

Tags
*let's have a celebration ceeeelebration time -> come on!!!! cry then go bowling
Back
Top Bottom