What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

I recommend you "The Arch Triumph" and "Three comrades".Just beautiful.

Do you consider these books to be better than All Quiet on the Western Front?

I havent read a book in ages.What do you recommend for someone like me Emil?

What I'd recommend? Oh, the responsibility. Why not try Dostoyevsky? I don't find him difficult to read at all. On the contrary, he's a pleasure to read. And he has written short novels too, e.g. Notes from the Underground and White Nights. Or try The Serious Game by the swedish author Hjalmar Söderberg, it is also quite short, and beautiful, but I think that you would have to go to an antiquarian book shop to find it.

What I'd recommend? Oh, the responsibility. Why not try Dostoyevsky? I don't find him difficult to read at all. On the contrary, he's a pleasure to read. And he has written short novels too, e.g. Notes from the Underground and White Nights. Or try The Serious Game by the swedish author Hjalmar Söderberg, it is also quite short, and beautiful, but I think that you would have to go to an antiquarian book shop to find it.

way way out of my league

way way out of my league

Are you sure? Well, try Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck then. It's shorter than 100 pages. Or why not Brighton Rock by Graham Greene?

Unseen.jpg

I started reading Alain de Botton's The Pleasures and Sorrows of Work this morning & finding it really moving. For study I am reading Mythologies by Roland Barthes.

'In Cold Blood' is a great book.

At the moment I'm reading Radetzky March by the austrian author Joseph Roth. It's about the demise of the family Trotta and of the Austro-Hungarian empire. It has started very promising.

I've just finished Beyond Black by Hilary Mantell. Very scary book indeed. At times I couldnt make head nor tail of it, who was dead, who was living, who was a fakir, who was really speaking to the dead.
What to read next tho...

c999.jpg

The Aleph, in typical Borges fashion, is extraordinary. It's incredibly arrogant, but I'd say you haven't read until you've read Borges.

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom