When was Moz hated?

M

MrMajeika

Question: When did Moz become totally hated by non Moz fans?

I remember the early 2018 tour when he played big arenas so he can’t have been fully hated at that point?

But later in the year the Castlefield shows were cancelled so he must have been hated by that point.

So when is the exact point that the hatred towards Moz took place?

Question: When did Moz become totally hated by non Moz fans?

I remember the early 2018 tour when he played big arenas so he can’t have been fully hated at that point?

But later in the year the Castlefield shows were cancelled so he must have been hated by that point.

So when is the exact point that the hatred towards Moz took place?
The mass fan desertion happened in the 18 months between October 2017 (when he expressed dismay at Anne Waters not winning the UKIP leadership election) and spring 2019 when he paraded his support for the right wing (or in many people's opinion far right) political party, For Britain, by wearing their emblem before millions on live TV shows and at concerts. During that 18 month period he also expressed support or sympathised with Nigel Farage, Tommy Robinson and Marine Le Pen. His UK live fanbase shrunk from around 60,000 to around 20,000, and the number of people willing to buy his new albums shrunk from 25,000 (first week sales of High School) to 6,000 (first week sales of Dog on a Chain).
His live fanbase may have recovered a little now as it's 4 years since he's voiced support for any more toxic arseholes, but his album sales are highly dependent on radio support which was virtually non-existent for Dog but very strong for High School (Spent the Day in Bed is one of his biggest ever airplay hits). The early 2018 tour was huge (I think his biggest ever, solo or Smith) but only because most of the tickets were sold in 2017 before he embarked upon 18 months of self destruction.

I wish former fans would just leave and take their bitterness with them.
Why would former fans be hanging around ?
Also on a similar point: does anyone know what a ‘fake’ fan is? You don’t mention it, but I’ve heard it mentioned several times now.

I wish former fans would just leave and take their bitterness with them.
They did. About 40,000 of them.
And if that comment was meant at me, I thought Dog on a Chain was excellent. His best album since the 90's. So, I stick around.
And I want new albums to be released and his new songs to be played on the radio.
But for that to happen, he needs to apologise unreservedly for endorsing a succession of right-wing toxic arseholes, and publicly retract that support.

And if that comment was meant at me, I thought Dog on a Chain was excellent. His best album since the 90's. So, I stick around.
And I want new albums to be released and his new songs to be played on the radio.
But for that to happen, he needs to apologise unreservedly for endorsing a succession of right-wing toxic arseholes, and publicly retract that support.

It's the media that should apologise - none of this would have happened if they hadn't lied.

He's a fourth gender humasexual - he does not have to worry about this point in history.
Unfortunately, she is being serious. Fourth gender humansexual.:rolleyes::(
He seems to be an elderly bisexual since there are only 2 sexes and all of this gender malarkey is ridiculous.

Wasn’t this thread (below) you started enough? seems you get off on stirring the pot.

What’s wrong with you?

What's wrong with you that you can't just let it go and let people post about, you know.......Morrissey? The reason this place exists. If you even listened to the podcast David was on recently and realized how absolutely shitty Morrissey has treated him yet David runs this site anyway you may just take a seat and be quiet because what is said here is nothing compared to what Morrissey's done to David.

Unfortunately, she is being serious. Fourth gender humansexual.:rolleyes::(
He seems to be an elderly bisexual since there are only 2 sexes and all of this gender malarkey is ridiculous.
Not going to dispute the fact that there are two sexes, but humasexual and fourth gender are, literally, terms he has used for himself, so Malarkey is not wrong.

Why should he apologise, because he has different views to some brain dead left wing morning who can't read below the headlines?

Not going to dispute the fact that there are two sexes, but humasexual and fourth gender are, literally, terms he has used for himself, so Malarkey is not wrong.
He also, literally, called the Chinese a subspecies. If we’re taking everything he says to be factual, then he is racist.

He also, literally, called the Chinese a subspecies. If we’re taking everything he says to be factual, then he is racist.

Unfortunately yes, out of context it does read as a racist remark. But did it make wonderful clickbait for the ‘Meeeddja’? …

Winning Hell Yeah GIF by Aurora Consulting: Business, Insurance, Financing Experts

Unfortunately yes, out of context it does read as a racist remark. But did it make wonderful clickbait for the ‘Meeeddja’? …

Winning Hell Yeah GIF by Aurora Consulting: Business, Insurance, Financing Experts
It’s racist in context, too.
But I suppose if a singer you’ve never met is all you have to define who you are in the world, you can turn a blind eye/find any way to excuse it.

In context it was about cruelty to animals not the Chinese. And the interviewer defended him.

Simon Price - a truly rancid hack - used it to say he would have less support in the media : this is not going to make those in the media feel favourably toward him and lots of doors will be shut to him that maybe had been ajar in the past.

“You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies.”

Not that people who mistreat animals are subhuman; not even that Chinese people who mistreat animals are subhuman. The Chinese. All of them.

If this is not what he meant (and it obviously wasn’t, but that’s not the point) then the onus is on him to clarify; not some lunatic fan who doesn’t know anything about anything. He hasn’t bothered, so everyone thinks he’s racist.

ricky gervais called the chinese subspecies c---s and not one thing was said,when M says it hes racist.
any country that skins dogs whilst still being alive is a subspecies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom