Which of the 3 new songs do you like best?

Which of the 3 new songs do you like best?

• All You Need Is Me

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • That's How People Grow Up

Votes: 36 34.0%
  • I Want to Wrap My Arms Around Paris

Votes: 33 31.1%

• Total voters
I am partial to That's How People Grow Up because I was there the night he debuted it. :) It makes me feel all special.

I just found "I want to Wrap My Arms Around Paris" on YouTube. Promising. However, I prefer "Thats' How People Grow Up." It's really catchy. If this is any indication of how Moz's next album will be, I'm VERY excited.

I've heard That's How People Grow Up and All You Need Is Me live 3 times.... all three I liked
That's How People Grow Up better... I still don't know about the newer song.... not sure how I really feel about it yet.

I want to wrap my arms around paris.

Havent really heard the three of them much and im extremely jealous of those of you that have been able to hear it live whilst im stuck here in the most boring part of the UK:)

are there any good quality mp3s of these kicking around yet? ive got a pretty good version of "All You Need Is Me", but only a shite version of THPGU (idont know how the audio from letterman hasnt turned up) and nothing for IWTWMAAP.

I am partial to That's How People Grow Up because I was there the night he debuted it. :) It makes me feel all special.

I can't help but be disuasaded by the fact that he borrows ideas from There Is A Light and Is It Really So Strange..and uses the word "Sweetie" in the song....The Site of Kristen Young in Bubble Wrap wailing away like a siren will forever ruin that song for me...

I was there when All You Need Is Me was debuted...I still think it's a good b-side at best...the other two should be burried on a b-side, prehaps the Paris song would be good on an album....

Speaking of "Paris" as a b-side, haven't all of Morrissey's songs (aside from America Is Not the World) that directly reference a country or city in the title ended up as b-sides, like Mexico and Munich Air Disaster 1958 and...erm...that's it. Time for bed.

I think the strongest lyrically is All You Need is Me, the strongest vocal melody is That's How People Grow Up, and the strongest musical composition is I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris. So it's hard to choose between the three but I still pick All You Need Is Me.

I think this is a more solid crop than First of the Gang, Crashing Bores, and Mexico which were the first three Quarry songs to be debuted.

I think the strongest lyrically is All You Need is Me, the strongest vocal melody is That's How People Grow Up, and the strongest musical composition is I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris. So it's hard to choose between the three but I still pick All You Need Is Me.

I think this is a more solid crop than First of the Gang, Crashing Bores, and Mexico which were the first three Quarry songs to be debuted.

Ummmmmmm...NO

According to his intro to the song in Jax it's called "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris", not "I Want to Wrap My Arms Around Paris". It's even in thr chorus of the song. Let's get it straight.

I don't have a link, but I have a version of That's How People Grow Up from the Vegas show June 10(?). I love having that night's version, because I was there.

But I know I got it here, somewhere. Search back and you will find it. Actually, I guess I could upload it- it will have to be later though, time to put dinner on the table right now.

I agree with the Kuiper as, with the exception of First of the Gang, the current crop of unreleased songs are a lot better than the ones he was playing in 2002. Further more, back then he'd had 5 years to come up with a decent batch of new material and now he's had less than a year. It's nice to see him trying out non-regulation-indie arrangements too, with the clarinet and accordion parts. All in all, a pretty good sign...

Bump!

Interesting to know that this poll shows that the most popular song seems to be released as a new single.

Back
Top Bottom