Who is Carol...any ideas?

I originally thought this was about Carole Lombard, an American actress who used to live in Morrissey's old Hollywood home. The date of birth is totally wrong but I put that down to artistic licence. She died tragically young which might fit in with the story....

yeah carole lombard (who was clark gable's wife) is the inspiration for the song... morrissey's old house in hollywood was built for her.

Assuming it is about Kristeen, perhaps the hollering/howling during the spaghetti western bridge in the song is the sound of a native Indian's war cry. Kristeen descends from the Apache tribe, apparently.

Her human theremin vocals then follow in the very next track.

Have I gone too far?

I have to admit, right from the first hearing, the sound effect at the end has made me imagine tumbleweed rolling past.

Talking of such conspiracy theories..... are then any songs on the new album that can be included in the 'Princess Diana Conspiracy Theories'?:eek:

Jukebox Jury

Regarding this new pair of finches I'm housesitting, the boy is named Patrick and his girlfriend (they sleep together in the same nest:sweet:) is named Phyllis. Phyllis only came on board after Stuart, a male canary, dropped dead in the cage a few weeks ago. But an interesting turn of events that I learned about was that Patrick used to have another girlfriend before Phyllis named...Carol.

I kid you not.

So Patrick, Carol and Stuart all shared a cage for years, then Carol dropped dead. Patrick and Stuart used to bicker when Carol was around then when she died they became drinking buddies. But it took Stuart dying for Patrick to be united with his true love Phyllis. It's all very symbollic and endearing.

My first thought was Kristeen Young as well, based mainly on the "1975" line but who knows.. regardless, this one is fast becoming my current fave off the album. Hope it makes it into the live shows, though I don't know if anyone in the current band can play the horns. I'm sure Boz could make something work.

It's about Johnny Marr, Carol was his pet name for him.

1975 was what they used to call 1963, it was an in joke.

Actually I think it's about Oscar Wilde, in literary circles he's known as Carol and 1975 is code for "I'm a vegetarian"

Talking of such conspiracy theories..... are then any songs on the new album that can be included in the 'Princess Diana Conspiracy Theories'?:eek:

Jukebox Jury

Obviusly I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris....And Only Stone And Steel Accept My Love.... Erm Maybe There Where Black Clouds That Night?
And She Was Good In Her Time.... One Day Was Fairwelll..

I'm Sure The Mentalist Will Find More Fuel For His Fire.....

:crazy:

orson made an interesting clue
he guess its about kirsty mac coll..mccrisckson

How the heck can it be about Kirsty MacColl. Kirsty was named Kirsty, not Carol, and she wasn't born in 1975.

Some fans and their interpretations..... :crazy:

How the heck can it be about Kirsty MacColl. Kirsty was named Kirsty, not Carol, and she wasn't born in 1975.

Some fans and their interpretations..... :crazy:

Did you know that if you spell out "gullible" when you play Scrabble then you automatically win? :thumb:

I figured out who Carol is:

TEEN.jpg

The girl with the lovely face,

goes, gathering olives.

The wind, that towering lover,

takes her by the waist.

Four riders go by

on Andalusian ponies,

in azure and emerald suits,

in long cloaks of shadow.

‘Come to Cordoba, sweetheart!’

The girl does not listen.