Who is pictured on the cover of tthe Smiths...

Holy shit! I can't believe that this was real. "Hejira" is an unimaginably difficult song to play or sing. Not that I think that Moz & Marr aren't up for it, but I've never heard either one attempting anything even close.

As for the cigarette-smoking girl, someone on here as her as his avatar.

God, I would love to hear those tracks. Don't know who the cover star is though.

Holy shit! I can't believe that this was real. "Hejira" is an unimaginably difficult song to play or sing. Not that I think that Moz & Marr aren't up for it, but I've never heard either one attempting anything even close.

As for the cigarette-smoking girl, someone on here as her as his avatar.

Err...Johan's avatar.
Her name is Romy Schneider, Austrian born actress who mainly worked in France until her untimely death in early 1980s.

What the hell is this? Is this genuine? I've never heard of it.
Surely if "5000 copies were pressed and sold during the last Smiths-Tour." then MP3s of these tracks would be all over the place? Obviously a fake.

Last edited:
What the hell is this? Is this genuine? I've never heard of it.
Surely if "5000 copies were pressed and sold during the last Smiths-Tour." then MP3s of these tracks would be all over the place? Obviously a fake.

Totally agree with Sidney.
If this was real, the tracks would have been mentioned in Simon Goddard's 'Songs That Saved Your Life'. Which they were not......

The Goat

After a bit more browsing on that site I think it's just a marketing scam for a new band - ie: get people interested in various bands to follow the links and eventually you end up at the website of some other band. :rolleyes:

The text on the sleeve looks jagged and doesn't gel at all well with the rest of the image - looks completely out of place. Never mind how a Smiths record with a run of 5000 stayed hidden all this time...

(Incidentally, if it was "taped during the recordings for the last Smith Album", how would it have been given out on-tour? If I'm right in thinking, none of the Strangeways recordings took place in 1986. My copy of Songs That Saved Your Life is 60 miles away at the moment)

The text on the sleeve looks jagged and doesn't gel at all well with the rest of the image - looks completely out of place. Never mind how a Smiths record with a run of 5000 stayed hidden all this time...

(Incidentally, if it was "taped during the recordings for the last Smith Album", how would it have been given out on-tour? If I'm right in thinking, none of the Strangeways recordings took place in 1986. My copy of Songs That Saved Your Life is 60 miles away at the moment)

You are correct. The last concert they did was in December of '86, and the last actual leg of touring ended in October of that same year. Almost a year after they stopped the tour for all but one special event, "the last Smiths album" was released. And with 5,000 copies made available yet no one has said they owned it ever, no MP3s out there? This is clearly fake.

Back
Top Bottom