Why Morrissey is dead to me

Regarding this article, I too have wondered if Morrissey shouldn't address human rights issues a tad more. I've come to the conclusion after much introspection that we all choose our battles and the metaphor of our fighting style resonates in every arena. So Morrissey, channeling Govinda or Gopala uses the platform of animal rights to make his statement and the rights of men follow in sync.

Gopala-Krishna_01.gif

29_morrissey_lgl.jpg

In short I ignore these tirades. He knows what he's doing.

I often thought exactly the same. I feel very close to your soul Crystal! And i really can't understand the point of that article. I mean he's... Morrissey, not Bono or Sting. What do you expect? Politically correct statements or par condicio in items to fight for? If you like/love him, it must be just for what he actually is and not for what you think he should be. It reminded me about gay associations saying bad things about him because he never did a coming out and openly defended gay rights...

I often thought exactly the same. I feel very close to your soul Crystal! And i really can't understand the point of that article. I mean he's... Morrissey, not Bono or Sting. What do you expect? Politically correct statements or par condicio in items to fight for? If you like/love him, it must be just for what he actually is and not for what you think he should be. It reminded me about gay associations saying bad things about him because he never did a coming out and openly defended gay rights...

Careful, SVB. You'll have poor Davie reaching for the smelling salts again.... :D

Maybe it's my lack of knowledge or my poor english but to me, this article (raising good points but missing the hook) is the last in a loooooong series of people not accepting someone raising animal rights before discussing human rights. Fighting for one does not mean you don't care for the other...

And, given Mozza's outings about immigration, well... Let's just I'm more comfortable with him speaking about animals...

I mean he's... Morrissey, not Bono or Sting.

Yeah that's what I think too, I don't think he really cares as much on subjects such as "education" and "goverment" as he did back in the 80s or 90s...He's leaving that to Bono now :lbf:

Like the Tiny Tim of Solo.....

:clap: I can't wait for Davie's rendition of "Tiptoe across the Tulips" with his new band!!!
(Since he appears to be quite healthy, I don't suppose you meant the Dickensian TT?)

How poor are you, Davie? :)

:clap: I can't wait for Davie's rendition of "Tiptoe across the Tulips" with his new band!!!
(Since he appears to be quite healthy, I don't suppose you meant the Dickensian TT?)

I did in fact intend the Dickension version, but your guess is funnier. :thumb:

Very poor...I have no job or anything! :D
I'm not sure the band would want to do that song, but I can ask :p

"I refuse to recognize the terms hetero-, bi-, and homo-sexual. Everybody has exactly the same sexual needs. People are just sexual, the prefix is immaterial".

Morrissey 1984

That's always said it all to me. He can't put it any clearer than that. And I agree completely.

Acting is my profession, so yeah I am :D

I predict Diddy Davie and the Urchins will be the next Smiths! Please sign on the line below. :) (Of course, in 30 years time, the offspring of Gethyn Pugh will blog about how they've followed you all these years but now they're going to conflagrate their obsolete ipods with your Complete Works loaded on because Davie's public pronouncements only focus on his pet peeves.)

Is he a tax exile? He seems to spend an awful lot of time in this country if he is. Don't tell the tax office!

Tax exile?

Is he a tax exile? He seems to spend an awful lot of time in this country if he is. Don't tell the tax office!

LOL, don't worry his accountant will produce massive expense against little income. :p

If you also happen to be a whey-faced waif with a gammy leg and a tattered cap, I'll be your manager.

:yum: A kind of Justin Bieber, but with bad teeth.:nopity:

You can be his manager, I'll be the PA who yells at his fans. We'll split profits.

...I'll tell everyone he comes from Romania, but he'll win an Ivor Novella award for outstanding contribution to British music anyway. ("I'd like to thank the Kat and the dog for looking after me")

We' re going to be big. BIG.:eek:

A kind of Justin Bieber, but with bad teeth.:nopity:

You can be his manager, I'll be the PA who yells at his fans. We'll split profits.

...I'll tell everyone he comes from Romania, but he'll win an Ivor Novella award for outstanding contribution to Bitish music anyway. ("I'd like to thank the Kat and the dog for looking after me")

We' re going to be big. BIG.

Gosh, I didn't know you're a Rottweiler. :eek:

Who is Ivor Novella? :lbf:

Tags
crap article david cameron johnny marr morrissey
Back
Top Bottom