Will Moz support AS Roma or...

Will Moz support AS ROMA or...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i think if Morrissey had to choose he definately support Mnchester United,
but I think he has other , more importaint things on his mind at this time
[organising/handling Tour issues or whatever what has to do with that]

Well it should be Man U but with his past posturing "re: flirting with fascist imagery" (c NME 1992) then he may be an Ultra.

Or at least some of his mates might be!

Oh hang on aren't Roma the team for the Communists and Lazio the fascists?

Moz is a man u fan!

lazio definately have facist tendencies, aptly displayed on numerous occasions by paul alcocks friend, paulo.

There is a communist side, but I dont think its Roma, I thinks its some minor team, possibly Livorno.

Funny how football teams have political leanings in Italy, then again arnt Man U linked to Catholic fans and Man city to protestant? Rather like Celtic ans Rangers

arnt Man U linked to Catholic fans and Man city to protestant? Rather like Celtic ans Rangers

Many moons ago yes, but not today. Years ago, I asked my grandad (who died of a heart attack on his way back from a City match in 1970 whilst on a bus back to Wythenshawe!) why we were City fans and he said 'because we are protestant'.
Traditionally United drew the Irish catholic support from the Irish dock workers on the ship canal from the Stretford / Old Trafford / Ordsall areas. City's support came from their original base in east Manchester around Ardwick / Belle Vue / Gorton areas.
There were rumours that Matt Busby (a staunch catholic) would never sign a proddy in the 50's when manager of United (though he was himself a former City player) but he did sign George Best who was a proddy.
Now a days you are more likely to find United fans are Buddhists or whatever from Thailand / Singapore whilst my best mate Jim is a catholic and a City fan. Thankfully the bigotry still around in Glasgow is not prevailant in Manchester.
One interesting point is traditionally the large Jewish population in the city has lended its support to City, as the protestant club was deemed the ''lesser of the two evils''.

Jukebox Jury

err who put morrissey could;nt care less, i;m sure he could, i recall him talking about the champions league?

Oh hang on aren't Roma the team for the Communists and Lazio the fascists?

defenitely, they are fascists! the worst ever, ever, ever...
talking about real supporters, those who go to the stadium well, i wouldn't say that A.S. Roma fans are comunist. for sure there is a wider range of political activism, from right to left.

Back
Top Bottom