"World Peace Is None Of Your Business" single (digital download) released (May 13, 2014)

Re: Article: "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" single (digital download) released (May 13, 2014

The cover image is just horrible! An example of how not to use photoshop. Has anyone noticed the duplicated plant and piece of brick next to his right knee??

Yeah we noticed. It's probably on purpose. Illuminaughty stuff.

Re: Article: "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" single (digital download) released (May 13, 2014

I know it's very plebian to equate the sound of one song to another, but I like the trilly/reverby guitar at the end which seems like a nod to the intro of I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday. That gets lost live, so does the outtro with him echoing in a distant hall, you can't hear that at all live. I love this song.

Crystal, you legend, sorry I pranked you with my crappy acoustic Demo of Earth Is......

Anyway, I agree, the song is reverb drenched loveliness. I knew it would be good, as I love Cicccarelli's previous work on The Shins' 'Wincing The Night Away' album..have you heard it?

That singing at the end...is not Mozza.....sounds like an African musician singing in their mother tongue, i'm guessing singing 'world peace is....et etc but in their authentic foreign timbre!

This site is wrecked by the way..keep trying to login with my username harvey76 and i've tried password resetting etc but it doesn't let me in...Argh!

I'm not sure what sounds worse. Cats being strangled or Jesse's guitar playing on this song. Is there even a difference?
ly l

Do you play guitar yourself? On the recording it sounds like he's playing with an overdrive or fuzz and some kind of ring modulation. I really like it and how it sits in the mix.

Are you just Jessie bashing like an anonymous negative twat or can you give valid reasons why you think it sounds 'worse'?

It's definitely good, and took me straight away unlike most of the songs from the previous three. The production is perfect and the guitar-work is far less ham-fisted. The lyrics I thought were initially sub-par, and essentially I still think so, but they're not as bad as some others, and if you take them as part of the canon of Morrissey's work theyt're fitting, more 'Democracy is Dead' than 'The Queen'. More assimilable. It bodes well, I just want some humour.

Sorry, but this is not a good song. The lyrics are pretty simplistic, and they lack the depth and originality of Moz greatness. One can only hope that the other songs are better.

Perhaps if Morrissey was not so caught up with the Blue Rose bullshit, he would still have something left.

The lyrics are a little simplistic...if you take them as a commentary on hierarchical structures and globalisation of world politics...they're not Chomsky, no. But I still find them affecting and beautiful sung. I am left wing and liberal at heart, so maybe i'm biased.

Your Blue Rose bullshit? Morrissey neither knows nor cares about this deluded shite.

Get some perspective, Blue Rose idiots. And a grasp of a life, and context.

Has anyone (I'm looking at you Viva) figured out what he's saying during the fade-out? It doesn't even sound like English.

I love the monestary chants at the beginning. Each replay offers something delightfully new.

paz mundial es asunto que no te concierne

ly l

On the recording it sounds like he's playing with an overdrive or fuzz and some kind of ring modulation. I really like it and how it sits in the mix.

Are you just Jessie bashing like an anonymous negative twat or can you give valid reasons why you think it sounds 'worse'?

Personally I think the playing sounds oddly sloppy and amateurish, whilst the tone is thin and buzzy, it sounds like a wasp caught in a jar, and then amplified through a speaker that someone's pet gerbil has been using as a toilet for the past three years. It just sounds BAD.

I am a twat though. You've got me on that one.

Personally I think the playing sounds oddly sloppy and amateurish, whilst the tone is thin and buzzy, it sounds like a wasp caught in a jar, and then amplified through a speaker that someone's pet gerbil has been using as a toilet for the past three years. It just sounds BAD.

I am a twat though. You've got me on that one.

I like 'sloppy' playing and it reminds me of Graham Coxon's style. The wasp in a jar is the guitar fuzz which has been panned to one side of the mix, by my ears....I like it. Sometimes as a guitarist, you need a trebly tone to cut through and add a bit of nastiness. It's all subjective though mate....I really like the jangle of 'The Bullfighter Dies' in contrast though...thoughts?

It's apparently an actual graffiti on a wall at the studio La Fabrique, so I assume it's his actual writing.

Thanks for sharing this. Honestly, I would've preferred this, an actual photograph, as the album cover as opposed to the composite 'shop. Or even have him leaning against the wall looking at the words, anything but photoshopping the background around him.

Has anyone (I'm looking at you Viva) figured out what he's saying during the fade-out? It doesn't even sound like English.

Sounds like an African or Middle Eastern style of singing. I'd imagine whoever it is is singing the "no more, you poor little fool" line.

I love the monestary chants at the beginning. Each replay offers something delightfully new.

Chants? Isn't it a didgeridoo?

I really like the jangle of 'The Bullfighter Dies' in contrast though...thoughts?

I'll wait until I hear the studio version. I don't have a problem with Jesse's guitar generally, it just sounds really cheap and nasty on this recording.

Yeah we noticed. It's probably on purpose. Illuminaughty stuff.

ha-ha.

definitely not contemporary english, could this be jesse's voice?
i've listened two times without earphones. with them, i could give you the right answer (before it becomes official). :)

p.s. apologies

The Log Lady says so.

best wishes
Sharon

Nice Twin Peaks reference Sharon. Can you explain to us what really happened to Dale Cooper in the Black Lodge?

I absolutely love this song. Very catchy, as previously mentioned by others, the lyrics are very simplistic. Especially for morrissey. But sometimes simple is better, right? Still gets the message across beautifully. Go Moz!

Nice Twin Peaks reference Sharon. Can you explain to us what really happened to Dale Cooper in the Black Lodge?

No. She cannot explain to you. She is full of secrets.
The Latin translation of Secretary is "keeper of the secrets".

Do not pose any further inappropriate questions as she is on probation and is vulnerable having just left the mental institute. If your question is genuinely urgent and Sharon cannot deal with it, so long as it is both relevant to Morrissey and the thread, address it to me directly via a PM. You may or may not get a reply. Remain on topic henceforth.

regards

"BrummieBoy"

for and on behalf of "Sharon McCormick"
aka: "The Secretary".

Last edited:

paz mundial es asunto que no te concierne

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom