world wont listen cassette track list?

artifact72

Hi,

many many years ago I got into Moz via the Australian double cassette version of The World won't listen. I can't tell you how many hours of my mid teens were spent listening to that amazing tape. I didn't actually realise that it wasn't the normal album until years later when I bought the cd version.

Anyway I wondering if anyone knows the exact tracklisting (in order) as it appeared on the double cassette. Passions like mine doesn't list it. Maybe someone has a copy and can post a scan of the sleeve?

thanks
David

Hi,

many many years ago I got into Moz via the Australian double cassette version of The World won't listen. I can't tell you how many hours of my mid teens were spent listening to that amazing tape. I didn't actually realise that it wasn't the normal album until years later when I bought the cd version.

Anyway I wondering if anyone knows the exact tracklisting (in order) as it appeared on the double cassette. Passions like mine doesn't list it. Maybe someone has a copy and can post a scan of the sleeve?

thanks
David

I assume track listing of the cassette is the same as LP and CD.

Also you can check http://vulgarpicture.com and http://akiraware.com for sleeves.

vulgarpicture.com has World won't listen cassette sleeve picture.

Passions does mention it - no running order, but you can figure out the tracks -
*** The second Australian LP and cassette (450978-1/4) come as a double set and include all songs (28 tracks) from "The World Won't Listen" and "Louder Than Bombs", bar "These Things Take Time". Also, "Money Changes Everything" is replaced by a different instrumental, "The Draize Train". The first LP and cassette have the regular track listing while the bonus LP and cassette contain all the added material.​

So, from usual WWL:
Panic
Ask
London
Bigmouth Strikes Again
Shakespeare's Sister
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Shoplifters Of The World Unite
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (single version)
Asleep
Unloveable
Half A Person
Stretch Out And Wait (alternate version)
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore (edited)
Oscillate Wildly
You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby
Rubber Ring
Golden Lights

From usual LTB:
Is It Really So Strange? (Peel session 17/12/86)
Sheila Take A Bow
Sweet And Tender Hooligan (Peel session 17/12/86)
Girl Afraid
William, It Was Really Nothing
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Back To The Old House
Hand In Glove
Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want
This Night Has Opened My Eyes (Peel session 21/9/83)

Extra track:
Draize Train

The LP is on my wanted list... I seem to remember seeing that there was some alternative artwork (I think photos of the lads stood outside Albert Finney's dad's shop?).

cassette one (side one) :
panic
ask
london
bigmouth strikes again
shakespeare's sister
there is a light that never goes out
shoplifters of the world unite
the boy with the thorn in his side

cassette one (side two) :
asleep
unloveable
half a person
stretch out and wait
that joke isn't funny anymore
oscillate wildly
you just haven't earned it yet, baby
rubber ring

cassette two (side one) :
is it really so strange?
sheila take a bow
sweet and tender hooligan
girl afraid
william, it was really nothing
heaven know's i'm miserable now

cassette two (side two) :
golden lights
the draize train
back to the old house
hand in glove
please, please, please, let me get what i want
this night has opened my eyes

You are correct sir, about the gatefold photo. It is a lovely item to own, if you get the chance. Alternatively just put the 'world won't listen' and 'louder than bombs' vinyls side by side and squint! :)

Passions does mention it - no running order, but you can figure out the tracks -
*** The second Australian LP and cassette (450978-1/4) come as a double set and include all songs (28 tracks) from "The World Won't Listen" and "Louder Than Bombs", bar "These Things Take Time". Also, "Money Changes Everything" is replaced by a different instrumental, "The Draize Train". The first LP and cassette have the regular track listing while the bonus LP and cassette contain all the added material.​

So, from usual WWL:
Panic
Ask
London
Bigmouth Strikes Again
Shakespeare's Sister
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Shoplifters Of The World Unite
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (single version)
Asleep
Unloveable
Half A Person
Stretch Out And Wait (alternate version)
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore (edited)
Oscillate Wildly
You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby
Rubber Ring
Golden Lights

From usual LTB:
Is It Really So Strange? (Peel session 17/12/86)
Sheila Take A Bow
Sweet And Tender Hooligan (Peel session 17/12/86)
Girl Afraid
William, It Was Really Nothing
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Back To The Old House
Hand In Glove
Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want
This Night Has Opened My Eyes (Peel session 21/9/83)

Extra track:
Draize Train

The LP is on my wanted list... I seem to remember seeing that there was some alternative artwork (I think photos of the lads stood outside Albert Finney's dad's shop?).

Back
Top Bottom