Morrissey Central "YOU KNOW I COULDN’T LAST" (July 26, 2023)

“She had only so much ‘self’ to give. She was dropped by her label after selling 7 million albums for them. She became crazed, yes, but uninteresting, never. She had done nothing wrong. She had proud vulnerability … and there is a certain music industry hatred for singers who don’t ‘fit in’ (this I know only too well), and they are never praised until death - when, finally, they can’t answer back. The cruel playpen of fame gushes with praise for Sinead today … with the usual moronic labels of “icon” and “legend”. You praise her now ONLY because it is too late. You hadn’t the guts to support her when she was alive and she was looking for you. The press will label artists as pests because of what they withhold … and they would call Sinead sad, fat, shocking, insane … oh but not today! Music CEOs who had put on their most charming smile as they refused her for their roster are queuing-up to call her a “feminist icon”, and 15 minute celebrities and goblins from hell and record labels of artificially aroused diversity are squeezing onto Twitter to twitter their jibber-jabber … when it was YOU who talked Sinead into giving up … because she refused to be labelled, and she was degraded, as those few who move the world are always degraded. Why is ANYBODY surprised that Sinead O’Connor is dead? Who cared enough to save Judy Garland, Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse, Marilyn Monroe, Billie Holiday? Where do you go when death can be the best outcome? Was this music madness worth Sinead’s life? No, it wasn’t. She was a challenge, and she couldn’t be boxed-up, and she had the courage to speak when everyone else stayed safely silent. She was harassed simply for being herself. Her eyes finally closed in search of a soul she could call her own. As always, the lamestreamers miss the ringing point, and with locked jaws they return to the insultingly stupid “icon” and “legend” when last week words far more cruel and dismissive would have done. Tomorrow the fawning fops flip back to their online shitposts and their cosy Cancer Culture and their moral superiority and their obituaries of parroted vomit … all of which will catch you lying on days like today … when Sinead doesn’t need your sterile slop.”

MORRISSEY
26 July, 2023.

full

Related thread:

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey has a strong feud with record labels, and is embittered and disappointed by the publishing fiasco of his two recorded albums. Sinead O'Connor dies. A few hours after her death (without being sure what really happened) he makes his statement regarding her death, hitting the music industry in particular... You can be naive, but... I'll ask again: why didn't he say all this when she was alive... He is no different from those who are now making her an icon and have done nothing to help her before. Moz where were you when your band mate and his wife were taking care of her.

Fwd posted this few minutes before
Please , Just read this beautiful tribute . 💔

I remember when this came out, I figured the lyrics were about the Catholic Church, called “the whore of Babylon” by its haters and usually referred to as a she—the Bride of Christ, Holy Mother Church, &c. Then I learned it’s about her own mother. How poisonous that relationship must’ve been.
'Babylon' is also the word used in Rastafari to refer to global capitalism and corporatism - so I always heard the title of the song at least as referring to that. Like any good song, the song works on many levels, from the personal to the political.
Chant down Babylon.

depends on how one defines ‘turned on her’

by not speaking out and standing by her actions (SNL for example) the label and those in the business did indeed turn on her.

Morrissey is also speaking in general about artists and how they’re treated in the industry.

I'm not saying the industry didn't turn on her, from interviews i have read i don't think that really bothered her too much, she didn't want the fame and just wanted to go back to being a singer who did her own thing and had fun with other musicians instead of being paranoid that they were using her. It was more about the people and fellow artists who turned and wanted her to suffer because they didn't fully understand what she was protesting, there could have been more support of course.
But i don't think there would be any that could change the fact that she was happier away from it all.

I haven't read any more recent interviews from her so maybe her outlook changed.

Boy, scrape the icing off of that cake and you've got another angry central post about me,me,me,me.
Just what we need from a guy who serializes death notices of the famous to draw attention to himself.

"And the morons sing and sway." Moz worshippers will say He's so honest, and so right, with his powerful and righteous statement! But it's just more thinly veiled bitching and moaning about his own crappy career circling the crapper.

Gosh its people like you that make us avoid forums.
Yr words are so sic
Moz posts something on his website and you two come to his forum and ridicule him. History will ONLY EVER see Moz as the Amazing Artist he was ALWAYS be!
What have u achieved in your lives?
What have u said or written that changed peoples lives for the better
What makes U JUDGE? JURY? & EXECUTIONER?
Why oh why are u being so spiteful?
Well said. We need more people like you joining this site.

It is crazy to think, how many of our female great artists have died due to the truama they suffered in major part due to the way their own record companies treated them, and the press. The way that even female artists such as Madonna, weather u like her music or not, she should be give mega respect for being such a prolific and successful artist, but the press constantly rip her to pieces, say shes too old to perform. As a female singer songwriting musician I am petrified of the business, and have refused to get signed, rather performing in clubs as just an annonymous human, much more fun, and safe, sure would have loved the millions, but would rather be alive and not humiliated like; Janis, Billy, Bessie, Oddeta, Whitney, Amy, Karen Carpenter, so many others, and now our Sinead! All whose death one could certainly place a major portion of the blame on the steps of the Music Business and the Press. Women are still not treated well in the Music Business, unless u please the men in the business, play the dumb fool, be a sexual object, have nothing of meaning to say, and are so frankly brainwashed that swing on big balls you deem liberation for women Miley Cyrus! Miley Cyrus is an amazing talent who sadly thinks she has to strip off all the time, as clearly she doesnt think her just standing their singing her beautiful songs is enough.
Important talent? That title is very big for him!! He also sang with Morrissey and then got off.... because surely they suggested it... Clearly she is either a lukewarm or a fake... For me she is a mediocre singer

Magnificently written. He is still a fantastic writer of prose.
Yes . . .

"At this, Eliza and Ezra rolled together into one giggling snowball of full-figured copulation, screaming and shouting as they playfully bit and pulled at each other in a dangerous and clamorous rollercoaster coil of sexually violent rotation with Eliza’s breasts barrel-rolled across Ezra’s howling mouth and the pained frenzy of his bulbous salutation extenuating his excitement as it whacked and smacked its way into every muscle of Eliza’s body except for the otherwise central zone."​

You forget to add … ‘it’s all about the money’ :lbf: :rolleyes:
I had no intention of doing so. it's not all about the money, it's about the hypocrisy, the bitterness and the Everest-sized ego.

Morrissey tiene una fuerte disputa con los sellos discográficos y está amargado y decepcionado por el fiasco de publicación de sus dos álbumes grabados. Muere Sinead O'Connor. Unas horas después de su muerte (sin estar seguro de lo que realmente sucedió) él hace su declaración sobre su muerte, golpeando a la industria de la música en particular... Puedes ser ingenuo, pero... Voy a preguntar de nuevo: ¿por qué no él dijo todo esto cuando ella estaba viva... Él no es diferente de aquellos que ahora la están convirtiendo en un ícono y no han hecho nada para ayudarla antes. Moz, ¿dónde estabas cuando tu compañero de banda y su esposa la cuidaban?
Mmmm Uh!!!

Incidentally, I see Central hasn't been fixed yet. That post not immediately available when you go straight to page one of central

Gosh its people like you that make us avoid forums.
Yr words are so sic
Moz posts something on his website and you two come to his forum and ridicule him. History will ONLY EVER see Moz as the Amazing Artist he was ALWAYS be!
What have u achieved in your lives?
What have u said or written that changed peoples lives for the better
What makes U JUDGE? JURY? & EXECUTIONER?
Why oh why are u being so spiteful?
Hope people like that don't make you leave the forum.
Remember there's always the "ignore" button too. Makes this place a lot more enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom