Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Moz "Rare Tracks" from Vinylexchange and Everyday...bundle from Recordstore ( my first purchase ever with them so hope it 'll run well) :rolleyes:
Cheers Moz

I've not bought anything for weeks and weeks and weeks. Then, the postie delivered two things this morning:

Morrissey Dancer mug - limited to only 144 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250698111900&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT I'm putting it to good use right now :)

And, given the kerfuffle over mis-pressed etched discs, I discovered I had a mispress already, so I had to go out and get a standard one :crazy: Morrissey and motorbikes... it just makes sense

Dave

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
5018045122_8727b1d2cf_z.jpg

5018045128_dc5d0a2678_z.jpg

Lovely quality packaging. Unlike Decca, no inner sleeves which is a shame in one way (less artwork), but in another way, not (you can actually get at the actual disc!)
Both vinyls are deliciously heavyweight.
And both feature the matrix message "CAN YOU SEE THE BLACK CLOUD?"
All formats come with the little flyer for 'Bona Drag' Redux, pictured at bottom.

What a beautiful promo item, thanks a million for sharing it with us here. I love those words..."hand picked photos" and the actual layout of the whole product.:guitar:
Cheers Moz

Just watched the 'enhanced' content. As expected Enhanced CD (when did they change the name from CD-ROM?!) material is quite poor quality, when compared with what we could have had on a DVD single. It's smashing to have the 'Top of the Pops' appearance, even in lo-fi blocky e-cd quality. But could've been better.
I never noticed before - I was too busy focusing on that imperious pompadour - but he has a vintage white hearing aid dangling from beneath his suit jacket. Cute little nod to the past. It's swinging away down at his knees throughout the performance! :cool:

Lovely quality packaging. Unlike Decca, no inner sleeves which is a shame in one way (less artwork), but in another way, not (you can actually get at the actual disc!)
All formats come with the little flyer for 'Bona Drag' Redux, pictured at bottom.

That back cover photo is absolutely wonderful. Thanks for posting.

5018045122_8727b1d2cf_z.jpg

5018045128_dc5d0a2678_z.jpg

Hey Joe...
Lovely pics...
I'm looking forward to get mine.
I suppose that Bona Drag will be full of good pics like these.

A collection of 4 cd singles signed by Morrissey, all signatures obtained in person by a highly trusted fellow solo-er (thank you very much M!)

My Love Life - signed at the Cambridge Corn Exchange gig on 09/02/95
Interlude - signed at the Cambridge Corn Exchange gig on 09/02/95
Let Me Kiss You - signed at the Gateshead Sage gig on 30/04/06
You Have Killed Me - signed in London when he appeared on 'Later...with Jools Holland' in June 2006

Attachments

• My love Life.JPG
    My love Life.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Interlude.JPG
    Interlude.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Let Me Kiss You.JPG
    Let Me Kiss You.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 62
  • You Have Killed Me.JPG
    You Have Killed Me.JPG
    244.4 KB · Views: 65
A collection of 4 cd singles signed by Morrissey, all signatures obtained in person by a highly trusted fellow solo-er (thank you very much M!)

You Have Killed Me - signed in London when he appeared on 'Later...with Jools Holland' in June 2006

They are nice - did he cross out 'Love Life' or did he just underline his name? And love the smiley face on Interlude. :)

Dave

You Lucky Guy...

I meant no harm or jealousy but I don't think they are authentic. Did this person whom you bought from ( Mr. M ) actually get these signed in person ?

I do hope Mr M has been completely honest with you and I m wrong.

I meant no harm or jealousy but I don't think they are authentic. Did this person whom you bought from ( Mr. M ) actually get these signed in person ?

I do hope Mr M has been completely honest with you and I m wrong.

Mr M is a long standing and highly respected Solo member and I trust him completely.
If he says he got them signed in person then he did.
Mr M would not risk ruining his reputation by selling fake signatures, especially for the very low sum of money he charged me for these cds.

That aside, in my opinion they all look genuine.
There are 'pointers' in each of those 4 signatures that leave me in no doubt.

Your concern is unjustified on this occasion.

Cheers,

I.R.

I say definitely 100% real. The dates line up with his signature of that time. Nice I.R:thumb:

I didnt think that it needed anyone to confirm their authenticity because i felt it was obvious that they were
but if it does then i believe that they are for what its worth

Alan

I don1't think you need to be discussing if what is on Mr M albums is or not be genuine. I cannot believe he's lying but who cares? I wouldn't make a fake Morrissey signature 'cause it doesn't worth it and of course, when I put my dim eyes upon this fake signs... I would feel ashamed of myself.

Well, as long as you are convinced, that's good enough I guess. I hope you don't take offense as I take special interest in Morrissey/The Smiths/Beatles autos. Strangely, why I have my doubts is because they failed my 'pointers' whereas they passes yours.

Anyway I only have your interest at heart and if you are happy, then I think all is cool.

Best
T

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom