Ailidh Lennon, singer from Sons & Daughters, talks life & supporting Morrissey, The Sun, Aug 14, 2023

1692040165863.png
AILIDH Lennon was once in huge noughties indie band Sons and Daughters, but she's since quit fame for a very normal job.

Musician Ailidh, 44, achieved four Top 100 singles with the Glasgow-based group, and even toured with Morrissey...
from - https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/23476214/ailidh-lennon-huge-noughties-indie-band-quit-fame/

Band resumé from 2012 of their support dates for Morrissey, with more info and footage of their music -
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/needmoz/viewtopic.php?p=31315#p31315

Last edited:
For what it's worth best act I ever saw support Morrissey was P.J Harvey by a mile.
yip,saw her at the glasgow show,those really were the days.

im sure i saw panic at the disco in edinburgh around about 2011,that was a gig and a half,mass brawl with security broke out when people were trying to get on the stage,was like something out of the wild west.

Yeah Gallon drunk and Doll and the Kicks were ok. Took a date who wasnt into Morrissey to see him at Wembley in 2006 guaranteeing a good time and on comes caterwalling cat woman Kristeen which really didnt help. Moz was great, came on with Panic, but needless to say, never saw my date again, good times
Sounds like a great way to great way to get rid of a date. Take them to see Morrissey. I'll have to remember that one. Although I have many other methods like being myself ;)

I'm very thankful to Morrissey's opemimg act's for introducing me to 'The Sheila Divine' in the Boston shows many moons ago. Fell for them immediately.

I've been to a lot of shows and almost universally, the opening act is forgettable. Two exceptions, saw Weezer before they totally blew up in a club with Nerfherder opening. They rocked and were so fun! YouTube them. And a few years ago some band called Interpol opened for Morrissey and they were pretty good. ;)

I've been to a lot of shows and almost universally, the opening act is forgettable. Two exceptions, saw Weezer before they totally blew up in a club with Nerfherder opening. They rocked and were so fun! YouTube them. And a few years ago some band called Interpol opened for Morrissey and they were pretty good. ;)
Interpopol Vuh? :confused:

I'm very thankful to Morrissey's opemimg act's for introducing me to 'The Sheila Divine' in the Boston shows many moons ago. Fell for them immediately.

I forgot about them. I didn't see them on that tour, but bought their album and have had it in my playlist for years. Love that album.

Think i saw them supporting him at Alexander palace on the ringleaders tour of 2006, not bad but a bit unremarkable.
Miss the days of old where you had Raymonde or James supporting, they made you sit up and listen. And i never got Kristeen, so a choice of her or the Human League doing Sound of the crowd from top of the pops and im with Phil and co.
Amen

Saw Sons & Daughters support at Stirling Albert Halls in 2006. Easily the best band I've seen support him. Doll & The Kicks were the support in 2009 at the same venue, thought they were okay but a little too gimmicky. Saw Sack a couple of times but always thought they were rubbish(pun possibly intended!!). Nearly saw The Dead 60s at Edinburgh Corn Exchange in 2004, but it was a shambles trying to get into the venue that night. There were still people outside when Morrissey took the stage. Kristeen Young seemed to pass by unspectacularly.
Going way back, saw Easterhouse(with Craig Gannon) support The Smiths at the Edinburgh Playhouse in September 1985. They were pretty good, but my abiding memory of their performance was one of the guitarists(don't know if it was Craig) give an aggressive two fingered gesture to someone in the front row. Don't know if they shouted abuse or threw something, but it didn't go down well.
Don't have a problem with the video show 'support act', it depends on the songs. I seem to remember that the shows around 2006 had both support act and video show, the videos beginning almost immediately the support act left the stage.
What about Elcka? Marion? Jet Black Machine? Smoking Popes? The Killers? Some of my fave opening acts.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom