All UK/European gigs postponed due to "logistical circumstances beyond our control" - management

As I mentioned earlier today, this has now come to pass.

'Logistical issues'.

From @gigsandtours / Twitter:

NEWS// Morrissey tour statement.

Due to logistical circumstances beyond our control, the UK/European Morrissey concerts scheduled for July will be postponed.

We deeply regret any inconvenience to the fans and promise to reschedule UK and European dates as soon as possible.

All original purchasers from official ticket outlets will have the full ticket fee refunded, including booking fee, to their credit/debit cards. Refunds from ticket agents will be actioned from midday on Monday 2nd July.

The LIHS World Tour will continue, starting back up in Mexico City on November 23rd.

Watch for more dates to be added soon!

The LIHS World Tour has been Morrissey’s most successful tour to date, having achieved record business for the artist in both the U.S. and the UK.

We thank all the fans for their support. -
Management

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
"You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies"

Racism 101.

maybe for someone who is uneducated like you. He was referring to the Yulin Dog eating festival..what humans cut off dogs legs and throw them alive in a boiling pot of water, err subspecies indead.

if you gave two shits about anything maybe you would also hate a culture enough to call them subspecies.

No it wasn't me. But yes, I hope he is well!
cant quite remember who it was,im sure if theyr looking in they will provide an update.cheers for the quick response T.

I would argue that the social media aspect is just democracy in action, the kind where people can affect things in a direct way. The likes of Tommy Robinson and Morrissey can put their ideas forward and people will respond in kind. If the response is firmly in favour for or against it doesn't mean it's orchestrated or a campaign, it's just that generally people will fall on one side or another and one side generally wins.

Charlie its affected one persons free speech in the UK a whole tour cancelled so disagree

I know one thing, if you want to radicalize young Muslims the best way to do it is to keep attacking them.

If you want inclusion the best way to do it is with kindness.

Totally agree but then it has to go both ways.
Listen to those whose voices you despise and,only then,can you understand them and argue your point.
I hate UKIP at al but to simply label millions as racist is simply wrong.

It's sad but it's true. Morrissey is a hero fallen.

One wonders what how he thinks about the current horrors being witnessed, and well-documented, in the Gaza strip. Perhaps the problem is that it's not a thought; it's an after-thought.

It is a sad irony that Prince William, a monarch, shows greater sensitivity and understanding of the fraught, complex and horrifically irresolvable conflict currently taking place, than does Morrissey.

The people you so religiously defend would gang rape your sister then gleefully chop you up with machetes and put you in a kebab.

Then walk away laughing.

Remember that.

That's how appreciative they are of people like you, whiteboy.

Comments like this make you look a complete prick. We have had this debate before - not every Asian is part of a grooming gang, not every Asian wants to chop people up. f***ing grow up and yes I do think you are a racist c***.

Last edited:
I would argue that the social media aspect is just democracy in action, the kind where people can affect things in a direct way. The likes of Tommy Robinson and Morrissey can put their ideas forward and people will respond in kind. If the response is firmly in favour for or against it doesn't mean it's orchestrated or a campaign, it's just that generally people will fall on one side or another and one side generally wins.
How many times has Morrissey mentioned Tommy Robinson? I don't know, you do, so tell me, I don't recall any big support for TR from Moz, maybe a sentence, ?

"You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies"

Racism 101.

I can't help but feel they're not human after watching similar documentaries where they hit cats heads off a wall and then skin them and they're not even dead. I'm not a white British person either

Totally agree but then it has to go both ways.
Listen to those whose voices you despise and,only then,can you understand them and argue your point.
I hate UKIP at al but to simply label millions as racist is simply wrong.

This is a nuance though, actions have reactions but the reactions should be limited to the people who committed the actions. It's up to those of us who aren't hell bent on confrontation to do what we can to ensure more people aren't sucked into the cycle. As for those who've already picked a side, it's too late for those, they'll just have to battle it out and create further problems for the future.

Comments like this make you look a complete prick. We have had this debate before - not every Asian is part of a grooming gang, not every Asian wants too chop people up. f***ing grow up and yes I do think you are a racist c***.
And as we know being racist is worse than child murder, ask Dave Haslam

Charlie its affected one persons free speech in the UK a whole tour cancelled so disagree

Not at all, he spoke and apparently didn't say what he said so kept saying what he didn't say over and over until he put a lot of people off buying tickets. If he didn't have freedom of speech he might be embarking on a tour now.

Fröslunda festival in Eskilstuna earlier today:

preview.jpg

No wonder they call it Mogadishu these days.

I haven't silenced you - I couldn't even if I wanted to. I have simply applied a description to you and to Morrissey. So perhaps you could answer my question, please?
You have accused both me and Morrissey of being racists.

Do you really believe that Moz despises everyone who is not his skin colour? If so you are extremely stupid.

Morrissey declared his support for an anti-establishment political party that is pro-animal welfare, wants the same equal laws and rights applied to everybody, wants to reduce mass immigration and doesn't agree with the barbaric, racist and misogynist beliefs and practices of Islam.

He sympathised with Tommy Robinson, who is anti-Islam, and anti-grooming gang, but not racist - in fact if you can find one racist quote from the man, good luck to you because you won't find it. He comes from Luton and a lot of his friends are West Indian descent.

Where is the racism in those last two paragraphs?

I agree with Morrissey that the Labour-Tory circus is over and alternatives must be found - and so do many others - unless you spend your life on Twittisphere.

maybe for someone who is uneducated like you. He was referring to the Yulin Dog eating festival..what humans cut off dogs legs and throw them alive in a boiling pot of water, err subspecies indead.

if you gave two shits about anything maybe you would also hate a culture enough to call them subspecies.

I agree totally, Morrissey in context was saying the Chinese were Subspecies in regard to animal slaughter, not in general, and who could possibly not agree?

Thewlis a bit off topic but was it you that posted that quando was going under the scalpel.if it was you,how is he.
We last heard about a month ago via Lanterns that he was doing very well but wasn't able to post messages yet. https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/our-quando-is-fine.142398/He's had a major operation for throat cancer. It's all gone quiet so I do hope he's doing okay. I asked Lanterns recently if s/he had heard anything but haven't had a reply yet.

Back
Top Bottom