Binyamina-Giv'at Ada - Zappa Amphi Shuni (July 2, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Notre-Dame (live debut) / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Hagit Yaron FB.

Last edited:
I have no idea what he's looking to achieve anymore, the lyrics to this song play right into the hands of his detractors.

Yeah, disappointing. He's gone full-on right wing conspiracy nutjob with this one. doh:

I actually really like 'Bonfire of Teenagers', and think it's quite an emotional and moving song. This just sounds like the ravings of a crank, and worse the music sounds awful too.

I generally hope for at least 5 truly great songs when I go to a pop concert.
On tonight's setlist there are 12 so I'd be pretty happy with that.

well go and see the cure then,who wants to sit through an arse numbing three hour set by anybody,springsteen 4 hours,geez peace,next thing will be rickshaw astley doing 5hours of the smiths.

I'm not even a Cure fan, but I respect any artist who delivers for their audience. If they play the same city for multiple nights, they drastically change their set, they successfully challenged Ticketmaster to not price gauge their audience, they play songs their fans actually want to hear, they play more than a lousy single song encore. Morrissey does nothing for his audience in comparison. He charges top dollar for a measly 19 songs (the majority of those 19 songs are slow, spoken word bores), and the die hard fools still pay for the pleasure.

Seen the Cure, last December. Best gig I've ever been too, and excellent value for money at £60 a ticket for a 2 and half hour setlist of all the hits, with a few of their new songs. Wonderful.
Same here (but in October), you really get everything in one evening, awesome feeling

How does someone "kill" a cathedral?.

Repetitive, sloppy nonsense that put the lyrics of Bullfighter in the same class as .. Maudlin Street.

Being kind I love the fact Morrissey is trolling his own career. But seriously (as Phil Collins may have said) those lyrics to Notre Dame are a f***ing abomination. Wtaf?

He’s done as a lyricist. This is just more of the lazy, repetitive, anti-poetic tinfoil hat-gibberish and conspiracy theory ramblings we never wanted or needed in the first place. Can’t believe this is the guy that wrote NMHIF, Maladjusted or The Never-Played Symphonies. This is why can’t get a record deal.

Well said and I sadly agree. It's like a superhero who has lost his ability to fly. These lazy, spoken word dirges are just ear cancer. What record company would want to publish trash like this? When was the last time he wrote strong lyrics that moved people?

Well said and I sadly agree. It's like a superhero who has lost his ability to fly. These lazy, spoken word dirges are just ear cancer. What record company would want to publish trash like this? When was the last time he wrote strong lyrics that moved people?
I found I Live In Oblivion quite moving.

God, I can't overstate how bad that song is and how not very good his voice sounds in that clip. Morrissey, they aren't signing you because of non-existent cancel culture, it's because your new songs are shit.

I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Notre-Dame (live debut) / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped /

Wow, that must be up there with the most insipid mid-lull setlist of all time of any artist ever (and I quite like JimJim Falls)

Well, that's the next album nobbled too.
😂
FWD.

God, I can't overstate how bad that song is and how not very good his voice sounds in that clip. Morrissey, they aren't signing you because of non-existent cancel culture, it's because your new songs are shit.
It is genuinely really sad to hear that song and read those lyrics. What a fall from greatness. He really would be better off playing the hits.

I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Notre-Dame (live debut) / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped /

Wow, that must be up there with the most insipid mid-lull setlist of all time of any artist ever (and I quite like JimJim Falls)

I like Paris and Knockabout but not the others.

Notre Dame

1688335119362.png

Back
Top Bottom