Canada return / LA fur ban / Love Hate and Racism - Morrissey Central

Yes, as I said, you see what you want, which informs your interpretation of what this person ( stranger to us )does. Not really knowing is the boat we’re all in here. But, at least, some here come with open hearts to see what they see in this human being
Morrissey.
Don't accuse me of having a closed heart. Issue #1 for him is animals, correct?
Supporting a festival that may as well have meat in the name is ridiculous. Why he would lend his time and his name to this is anyone's guess. Perhaps he will do a 40 minute long version of MIM (everyone would be poorer for it) but with his propensity for releasing grand statements, why not a grand statement over a meat-centric festival? Perhaps he'll make one the day of, but I fear it will be lost on people with bellies filled with carnitas, el pastor, pollo, lengua, chorizo, carne asada, and hit home with the few who have bellies full of papas.

OMG Robby is just talking shit because Morrissey busted his balls for burying the living. If you're not vegan, you're the one doing the killing.

Here's the awesome song that is going to be in Morrissey's pre-show video presentation:

Disobey 93 - Gasoline (Anti-Fur Rap)

Written and produced by Mistro
www.facebook.com/disobey93
[Hook: Mistro] x2
We pull up to the farm and cover up our faces
We sneak up to the barn and empty all the cages
We pour the gasoline while the car is in ignition
Then we flee the scene and plan another mission
[Verse 1: Mistro]
A hundred animals turned into a designer dress
Spent their lives in cages made of sharp metal and wire mesh
They skin 'em alive, they often trap 'em and gas 'em
All because you motherf***ers like to claim that it's fashion
Don't forget about the ones who are electrocuted anally
You think we've made some progress but we haven't really made any
Wearing animals; that's a barbarian practice
So we're out here liberating them by various tactics
If you're wearing fur while saying you're an animal lover, you lie
How can you love someone that you caused to suffer and die
'Round the clock imprisonment; no freedom and no daylight
Humans and animals; everyone should have the same rights
And no, we're not violent; don't ever believe the media
We don't harm any people, look it up on Wikipedia
'Cause these are the morals that we live and act by
Liberation is the key and that's why;
[Verse 2: Mistro]
Some consider us villains while others consider us godsend
'Cause no sentient being should have to die for your garment
Demands; we'll never stop this shit until they are met;
A world where no animal is treated like an object
Motherf***ers are too blind to appreciate the concept
Our actions only seem extreme when you put 'em out of context
How many are killed? Over a hundred million globally
That's each and every year and that fact alone has broken me
Don't wanna hear the truth? I think it's better you did;
The majority of these animals are bred to be killed
So in comparison; how bad is really damage to your property
When it's not even putting a dent in the monopoly
That's not all; many will even suffer a worse fate
This one is dedicated to the victims of the fur trade
'Cause these are the morals that we live and act by
Liberation is the key and that's why;

You should never let clowns represent serious issues. That was so bad as to be funny.

well, we Canadians have always been much nicer to our neighbours to the south than they are to us. maybe we just don't have the energy to give it back to them because, while they have it easy--throw down a couple clichés and they "got us good"--when it comes to them, let's face it, where the hell we would start?
Walmart.

You should never let clowns represent serious issues. That was so bad as to be funny.
:straightface:

you shouldnt let clowns REPRESENT serious issues? WtF>o_O
represent like in hip hop? such and such clown is representing the 2o2?:lbf:

Supporting a festival that may as well have meat in the name is ridiculous. Why he would lend his time and his name to this is anyone's guess. Perhaps he will do a 40 minute long version of MIM (everyone would be poorer for it) but with his propensity for releasing grand statements, why not a grand statement over a meat-centric festival? Perhaps he'll make one the day of, but I fear it will be lost on people with bellies filled with carnitas, el pastor, pollo, lengua, chorizo, carne asada, and hit home with the few who have bellies full of papas.

:sleeping:

Again.

If you read his last statement with a heart that is open, I think one could figure that he himself now realizes that
there is only so much one can do, and that his past strategy of distancing himself has not worked as he once thought it would.

So no, it may be better to get in there and point out the ignorance of people’s choices rather than not be there.

Don't accuse me of having a closed heart. Issue #1 for him is animals, correct?

a FESTIVAL that may have meat in the name is ridiculous?????:rolleyes:
like the BURGER BOOGALOO FESTIVAL?
WtF:straightface:

right you got a HUGE OPEN HEART:straightface: when berating the poor homeless peeps.:straightface:

:sleeping:

Again.

If you read his last statement with a heart that is open, I think one could figure that he himself now realizes that
there is only so much one can do, and that his past strategy of distancing himself has not worked as he once thought it would.

So no, it may be better to get in there and point out the ignorance of people’s choices rather than not be there.

Resignation isn't a good look either. When you live and die on a particular hill for your entire career,
followed by eventual surrender, (partial or whole) you damage the very cause you fight for.
I guess it comes down to this- surely there must have been another festival that would have taken him?
Because I imagine if you told Morrissey in 1985 that he'd be headlining a taco festival in 2018, that there's a good chance Ian Curtis wouldn't have been the most famous Mancunian to reach the end of his rope in his 20s.

Thanks for proving my point, for the vast majority of humanity, not eating animals is the defining characteristic of being a vegetarian. The fact Moz prefers to think of himself in a club of one is well, just a function of him being him.
Rather like when Groucho Marx(my fave Marx) said:
“I don’t want to be in any club which would have me as a member.” :thumb:

Yes, but stating the obvious to Brummie Boy is a lost cause ( see his reply :crazy: ). Anyways ....

'I don't eat animals, birds or fish. I don't consider myself to be vegan, vegetarian or carnivorous. I'm just me.'

was an interesting answer. I think he's just fed up with labels and choices he has made in general, such as taking a stance to not play Canada for so long, then realizing this choice is not making much difference.

Edit :

oh BB, it only hurts because it's true.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call baby seals being clubbed to death nothing.
The only kind of person who would make such an ignorant statement about Inuit tradition and sustenance is someone who's not bothered to research beyond what they've been told.

I'm not going to hold your hand here and guide you through the f***ing facts. Do some research. Check out a little on the history of these indigenous people. Take a tiny breath and get your head out of your self-righteous asshole.

If you're basing your opinion on information you've gleaned from the wonky drivel spewed by PETA, Morrissey or other propagandist bullshitters you see on this - you're completely lost in your microcosm.

Morrissey is a half-baked, shit-talking hypocrite. He spouts bullshit and his minions hop on board the train to historically quantifiable intellectual oblivion.

Not a f***ing CLUE about the realities of the past, present or future of wild animal stocks. Not a f***ing care in the world for entire, remote communities with differing lifestyles, traditions or survival options.

...but the lot of you have closets FULL of cotton and synthetic garments made by child-slave labourers in foreign countries. EVERY SINGLE f***ING ONE OF YOU.

You can't pony up the personal responsibility to check readily available facts and insist on this continuous spouting of self-righteous nonsense, ethical pomposity, "clubbing" (it's called a hakapik) etc. You haven't the foggiest. You're a mindless, bubble-dwelling sucker.

You bet I blame Morrissey, among others, for spreading this nonsense about the annual seal hunt. ...and if his sorry ass tries to pop back up around these parts, I guarantee he's in for a proper schooling. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do a bit of research, in pursuit of reality.

Morrissey had better do his before he sets foot on this soil again. ...and the first words out of his white-bred, spoon-fed, slack-jawed, pussy-ass, mama's boy mouth had better be an apology for his f***ing complete and utter ignorance.

Have a nice day! ;)

Yes, but stating the obvious to Brummie Boy is a lost cause ( see his reply :crazy: ). Anyways ....

'I don't eat animals, birds or fish. I don't consider myself to be vegan, vegetarian or carnivorous. I'm just me.'

was an interesting answer. I think he's just fed up with labels and choices he has made in general, such as taking a stance to not play Canada for so long, then realizing this choice is not making much difference.
Yeah, I never thought the small number of Canadian fans being able to see his shows there would affect government policy o_O
Also, dude, over 1600 neg ratings, impressive, but how?

Resignation isn't a good look either. When you live and die on a particular hill for your entire career,
followed by eventual surrender, (partial or whole) you damage the very cause you fight for.
I guess it comes down to this- surely there must have been another festival that would have taken him?
Because I imagine if you told Morrissey in 1985 that he'd be headlining a taco festival in 2018, that there's a good chance Ian Curtis wouldn't have been the most famous Mancunian to reach the end of his rope in his 20s.

You see it the way you want.

' resignation' ?

' surrender ' ?

' damage' ?

You must be joking.

It's called changing ones strategy.

And I'm hoping you weren't making a joke of someones suicide.

Open your heart g23.

Yeah, I never thought the small number of Canadian fans being able to see his shows there would affect government policy o_O
Also, dude, over 1600 neg ratings, impressive, but how?

'Also, dude, over 1600 neg ratings, impressive, but how?'

:lbf:

Some show their love in the strangest ways.

:cool:

:poutingcat::drama:

:drama::smirkcat:

:flamethrow:

=

:crazy:

...and backpedaling on his decision in the hopes of a pension top-up will not serve him well here. He might be able to sell out a venue with under 1000 capacity in Toronto or Vancouver. You can always spot a vegan in those cities. ...and if you can't spot them, they'll tell you.

The rest of the country will just laugh him off, as the fake-ass, try-hard, self-absorbed turd that he is.

Wanna place a friendly wager on it?

The only kind of person who would make such an ignorant statement about Inuit tradition and sustenance is someone who's not bothered to research beyond what they've been told.

I'm not going to hold your hand here and guide you through the f***ing facts. Do some research. Check out a little on the history of these indigenous people. Take a tiny breath and get your head out of your self-righteous asshole.

If you're basing your opinion on information you've gleaned from the wonky drivel spewed by PETA, Morrissey or other propagandist bullshitters you see on this - you're completely lost in your microcosm.

Morrissey is a half-baked, shit-talking hypocrite. He spouts bullshit and his minions hop on board the train to historically quantifiable intellectual oblivion.

Not a f***ing CLUE about the realities of the past, present or future of wild animal stocks. Not a f***ing care in the world for entire, remote communities with differing lifestyles, traditions or survival options.

...but the lot of you have closets FULL of cotton and synthetic garments made by child-slave labourers in foreign countries. EVERY SINGLE f***ING ONE OF YOU.

You can't pony up the personal responsibility to check readily available facts and insist on this continuous spouting of self-righteous nonsense, ethical pomposity, "clubbing" (it's called a hakapik) etc. You haven't the foggiest. You're a mindless, bubble-dwelling sucker.

You bet I blame Morrissey, among others, for spreading this nonsense about the annual seal hunt. ...and if his sorry ass tries to pop back up around these parts, I guarantee he's in for a proper schooling. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do a bit of research, in pursuit of reality.

Morrissey had better do his before he sets foot on this soil again. ...and the first words out of his white-bred, spoon-fed, slack-jawed, pussy-ass, mama's boy mouth had better be an apology for his f***ing complete and utter ignorance.

Have a nice day! ;)
the hospital is just to the left,think you have got a serious problem.

Have a nice day! ;)

The Arctic Inuit it is true only kill what they need to survive and use all of the animal. Not so with the commercial seal hunt on the east coast which is basically a blood bath where only seals under 2weeks are left alive.
The Canadian government have poured hundreds of millions of dollars into trying to make this "tradition" a commercial success - to no avail.
92% of the seals body is wasted.
But it still continues.
It's not surprising the word culture contains Cult. Some traditions are just an excuse for blatant cruelty and the original necessity for physical survival is long gone.
Animals wild or otherwise aren't "stock". They show far more nature than a lot of humans.

You see it the way you want.

' resignation' ?

' surrender ' ?

' damage' ?

You must be joking.

It's called changing ones strategy.

And I'm hoping you weren't making a joke of someones suicide.

Open your heart g23.

Too soon on the Ian Curtis front? Give me a break, please. If I offended Deborah or Natalie Curtis, I'll apologize, but to the rest of the world, I think enough time has passed that an Ian Curtis suicide joke isn't the worst thing on Earth. There's far bigger atrocities than a confused young man stuck between two loves and the wrong prescription.

But as for Carne Asada and other delights, I'll see how this change of strategy plays out. Time will tell.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom