Child free group

How do you feel about others who are child free (be honest- private poll)

• I think its a choice that people are free to make. Why judge them for it?

Votes: 78 85.7%
  • I think people who don't have children are selfish.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wish I had been childfree! Too late!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I feel bad for childfree people. They are missing out on the best things in life.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other: please describe

Votes: 11 12.1%

• Total voters
BUMP_Mary_Alice.jpg

This was a fun thread. Lots of drama went down. Let's bring it back to life.

This is because you read another post of mine?
Hmm hmmm hmmm?

caddyshack1.jpg

I said it's a choice, but I think that people who have more than one child are selfish. The world's overpopulated as it is.

I said it's a choice, but I think that people who have more than one child are selfish. The world's overpopulated as it is.

What about couples who have twins then? Ridiculous logic.

What about couples who have twins then? Ridiculous logic.

Nah - if you are going to have kids - it is best to have at least two.

oh, c'mon now...don't be ridiculous. Are you just saying that to get this thread (& people) going? Do you want children someday? I mean A kid?
You have no idea.

I gotta go to work.

oh, c'mon now...don't be ridiculous. Are you just saying that to get this thread (& people) going? Do you want children someday? I mean A kid?
You have no idea.

I gotta go to work.

maybe she's from China. They seem to have a different moral compass on children... or at least, they're told to have one.
Just like Japan has some sort of 'suicide is virtuous' thing going on :) I knew that Japan had a high suicide rate but its back in the paper again, the new death du jour is actually killing people besides the suicidal ones!

they entertain each other. plus you dont have to beat them, they beat each other, and no one goes to jail or loses custody ;)

Although I did laugh at this, I have to disagree. Only children can turn out to be pretty cool. If you have no brothers or sisters to play with it forces you to be more outgoing and make your own friends etc. Also I think it allows you to have a more creative imagination because when you are stuck inside on rainy days etc, you have to make your own fun. Rather than throwing things at your siblings, you use your imagination and do something fun and usually easier for your parents to deal with :)

Although I did laugh at this, I have to disagree. Only children can turn out to be pretty cool. If you have no brothers or sisters to play with it forces you to be more outgoing and make your own friends etc. Also I think it allows you to have a more creative imagination because when you are stuck inside on rainy days etc, you have to make your own fun. Rather than throwing things at your siblings, you use your imagination and do something fun and usually easier for your parents to deal with :)

well, i'll disagree with you, as well! because I have several "only children" friends; some are outgoing, some are introverted and shy and stuttery. To be honest, children turn out certain ways based on their environment and their temperament.

and since you're an only, maybe you dont know that having sisters and brothers doubles the creativity. We had many a fun rainy afternoon on our couch boat, with books on the floor as stepping stones so that we dont get burned by the carpet lava when we're exiting the fishing boat to get some kool aid.

well, i'll disagree with you, as well! because I have several "only children" friends; some are outgoing, some are introverted and shy and stuttery. To be honest, children turn out certain ways based on their environment and their temperament.

and since you're an only, maybe you dont know that having sisters and brothers doubles the creativity. We had many a fun rainy afternoon on our couch boat, with books on the floor as stepping stones so that we dont get burned by the carpet lava when we're exiting the fishing boat to get some kool aid.

*cracks knuckles*

I will agree with you that there are certain onlys that can turn out quite strange. One in particular I know, is a great singer and songwriter, has done some pretty amazing things with his music career etc but on a personal level, he's f***ed. He's a nice guy but could really use some therapy. Like me he says he is sorry too often, but in his case I think its almost an OCD thing. He has to say he's sorry for everything, all the time. Other things make me believe he is a bit "not right in the head".

However, I feel I'm pretty well adjusted. I don't know maybe I'm crazy too and people just know that in secret and are too scared to tell me.

As for becoming a product of your environment, I agree. I didn't have siblings to play with so I had imaginary ones, or just played with toys or sang or played sports etc. Just like peeps with bros and sis's. I dunno I guess I just don't think that only children are THAT different. But I guess its a case by case thing.

well i hope you know i wasnt saying all onlys are weird. plenty of kids from big families are weird too... god knows.

laughed at the description of the person whom you are speaking of ;)

I'm an only child. I grew up doing lots of things by myself. playing the piano, drawing, painting. i was big into Barbie and often I didn't have anyone to play with so I would make up soap opera type stories with them. some pretty deep stuff for an 8 year old!! haha.

I think in my case it really helped my creativity. but at the same time I wasnt all socially awkward either, cuz i had lots of cousins who lived near me close to my age that I played with. they were alot like having brothers and sisters cept they always went home eventually.

well i hope you know i wasnt saying all onlys are weird. plenty of kids from big families are weird too... god knows.

laughed at the description of the person whom you are speaking of ;)

Fair enough. I know personally, myself and this other only (the crazy one) are both passive agressive, that's no good and I think it could be related to the fact that we are onlys. Who knows.

To bring it back on topic, at this stage in my life I am aiming for 0-1 kids in my lifetime. I won't be trying for any but if I have 1, I am certainly done. Just my preference.

I once dreamt that I gave birth to a large tooth with a face. It was actually pretty cute and I loved it and everything. I guess if I did one day produce a tooth, that would be ok too.

Back
Top Bottom