Fox5NY: Morrissey, Exclusive Performance & Interview (October 20, 2023)

UPDATE October 20:

"Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings" on "Good Day New York / Fox5NY - Winkin’ Long / YouTube. Link posted by TheSmiths_1985.

Interview with Rosanna Scotto now on Fox5NY and YouTube:

From MarcoD71 (mp4 download available):

Audio link and screenshot posted by Famous when dead:

full

Posted by Famous when dead (original post):

full

Media coverage:
Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Acton - a TV show or station can be a bad or unusual fit - which is why you get Brooklyn Vegan's snarky tone, even though they liked it:

Morrissey begins his four night stay at NYC’s United Palace on Saturday, and this morning he stopped by one of the few places who probably still welcome him and won’t ask anything too difficult, FOX 5’s Good Day New York, to hype up the shows.

Wow. What a shitty article

They literally asked him about two of the most difficult things right now: bot and Miley. what else do we wanted exactly?

Last edited:
I really like the song & this is a strong performance but those backing vocals on the chorus are awful.
Thought the same about the backing vocals. Moz looked and sounded great! Nice little interview too, the interviewer was really sweet I thought.

Direct rips (highest quality) from the Fox5NY website.
1. Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings
2. Rosanna Scotto interview MP4s

~270mb

Regards,
FWD.

Yeah, Acton - a TV show or station can be a bad or unusual fit - which is why you get Brooklyn Vegan's snarky tone, even though they liked it:

Morrissey begins his four night stay at NYC’s United Palace on Saturday, and this morning he stopped by one of the few places who probably still welcome him and won’t ask anything too difficult, FOX 5’s Good Day New York, to hype up the shows.

Everyone: That was a good interview.
Nerak Malarkey: Let me scour the internet for something vaguely critical.

Does it matter what people like Brooklyn Vegan think, personally I have a mind of my own and am capable of forming my own opinion of what I see. I am critical of Morrissey when he steps outside of my own moral compass but I'm also happy to applaud him when I see interviews like what I saw today.

Hugely relieved this has gone so well! Held my breath through the whole interview. Was worried about Rosanna at first but in the end she really seemed genuine towards him, and I love that extra vid for her daughter!

Towards the end I was thinking the only possible derailment could be her top which looked like she'd just snagged it on a nail somewhere in the studio. I know how on-air wardrobe malfunctions are so catastrophic in the US. Also the phone bounce made my heart miss a beat. I may have been over focusing but other headlines loomed "phone thrown/broken during Moz interview" etc. This all seemed really positive... except for the assassination bit.

Great to see the new band in the studio.
Loved the polite hug!

Hugely relieved this has gone so well! Held my breath through the whole interview. Was worried about Rosanna at first but in the end she really seemed genuine towards him, and I love that extra vid for her daughter!

Towards the end I was thinking the only possible derailment could be her top which looked like she'd just snagged it on a nail somewhere in the studio. I know how on-air wardrobe malfunctions are so catastrophic in the US. Also the phone bounce made my heart miss a beat. I may have been over focusing but other headlines loomed "phone thrown/broken during Moz interview" etc. This all seemed really positive... except for the assassination bit.

Great to see the new band in the studio.
Loved the polite hug!

I thought the assassination bit was funny, reminded me of the brilliant Jonathan Ross interview years ago.

When Moz said there’s nothing you can do about ageing (which was quite funny) I thought she’d jump in and ask about cosmetic surgery. Is there some Botox going on?

Not sure what everyone else thinks but surely Bonfire is back on? The backdrop, the relatively transparent answers, a line drawn on the Miley question - that just leaves a label for release.

As folk have pointed out, the marketing has already begun for this one. It would sell better than Dog.

Rosanna Scotto is damn attractive. I'm surprised after her last sentence "Thanks for having us", he didn't reply with a sly smile "Well, I haven't had You yet". That would have been perfect.

When Moz said there’s nothing you can do about ageing (which was quite funny) I thought she’d jump in and ask about cosmetic surgery. Is there some Botox going on?
He could certainly do with trimming those eyebrows. He's turning into Dennis Healey.

Go on kids, Google image the name.

Back
Top Bottom