Fox5NY: Morrissey, Exclusive Performance & Interview (October 20, 2023)

UPDATE October 20:

"Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings" on "Good Day New York / Fox5NY - Winkin’ Long / YouTube. Link posted by TheSmiths_1985.

Interview with Rosanna Scotto now on Fox5NY and YouTube:

From MarcoD71 (mp4 download available):

Audio link and screenshot posted by Famous when dead:

full

Posted by Famous when dead (original post):

full

Media coverage:
Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I decided to listen to the new Rolling Stones album on YT. The album itself is great. Perfect compositions, great Jagger, truly irresistible Lady Gaga. An album referring to the Stones in their glory days. There was one thing I didn't like and at the same time it reminded me of something. Sound, production. I checked . The producer of Hackney Diamonds is Andy Watt. I really want BOT to see the light of day as soon as possible. But I'm very afraid of what the producer has done with great songs. I am afraid that the difference between what we hear (less and less often, but still) at concerts and what is on the album is huge the detriment of studio recordings. And yes, the Rebels studio version is tragically bad :rolleyes:
he did win producer of the year in 2021,rebels sounded poor,be interesting to see how the rest of the album sounds,thats why i like joe chic,nice clean sound with the voice upfront.

I think we will all get used to the album sound in time. Obviously ive heard all the bot songs live versions a million times so its weird.

M came across very well anyway, and the assassination bit is one of the great Morrissey interview moments I think. The host was a bit over the top but the questions were generally good.
Yes, loved her reaction to the song title: 'We Hate It When...'

Where's Dirk when we need him, to remind us all of what BOT actually sounds like?
yeah he heard the whole thing but cant remember one thing about it.dirk must have been telling the truth,cough cough.

Let's hope that Moz says the right and necessary thing, that he doesn't get in trouble and that he doesn't feed the Haters
DALEEE MOZ :ROFLMAO: ❤️
He was a very good boy and on his best behaviour.
I do hope he buys back the album, and that he and others are looking into realistic ways of getting it released.

Yes, although we still have the problems of finding a record label who will risk him
The way he said it, when she asked when will the album come out he said "I don't know, it depends on how long it takes for Capitol to give it back" iirc. No mention of how long it would take to find a new record label. So I gather maybe he has a deal already or he's going to self release? (I know he's said he wouldn't, but he could have changed his mind...)

The interview was good, despite his shyness demonstrated with certain movements and gestures he makes, he felt very comfortable with the journalist, and she seemed to have knowledge about Moz, or maybe she is a fan. I found the report short, there are many questions missing, but the most remarkable thing of all is Moz's willingness to give an interview, the desire, his spirit to go ahead with everything. The little video showed a smooth and sweet Moz like never before, with that video I was very moved!, Mozuchissss you were great huh.... She told him he was an icon and I think the same thing and I would add that he is also a legend and myth!! We want Moz to do more of these types of interviews!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Moz for giving us this!!! Eternal Moz del. Living Universe GRACIAS TOTALES:blush:❤️:blush:🥰🇦🇷

i just love this interview. on paper he always seems like a total dick, but then when you see him in person you just cant help but love the little scamp. it's like all of his faults and shortcomings suddenly seem not very serious at all.

Yesterday I decided to listen to the new Rolling Stones album on YT. The album itself is great. Perfect compositions, great Jagger, truly irresistible Lady Gaga. An album referring to the Stones in their glory days. There was one thing I didn't like and at the same time it reminded me of something. Sound, production. I checked . The producer of Hackney Diamonds is Andy Watt. I really want BOT to see the light of day as soon as possible. But I'm very afraid of what the producer has done with great songs. I am afraid that the difference between what we hear (less and less often, but still) at concerts and what is on the album is huge the detriment of studio recordings. And yes, the Rebels studio version is tragically bad :rolleyes:
I absolutely concur. RWA was horrendously produced. It's a great song, but Watt is not the right producer to work with M. He ruined it. And from what we have heard on the grapevine, it sounds like the whole album will sound like that. Trash. I pray it's re-recorded completely.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom