I was Morrissey's Roadie - The Times article

I read this in disbelief... I mean... Unbelieveable, but I'm sure it's all true... What a pity... If I ever get to meet Morrissey wherever, it will be scarier than facing Darth Vader in the Dagobah's dark swamp cave... Like Luke in Empire Strikes Back... And that's scary enough... But as I read, my beloved Morrissey behaves more like The Emperor... Disappointed, but still can't stop loving him... f*ck!

well, we should consider that this is one side of the story, although I believe Moz to be a difficult character. I read somewhere that as a friend he is amazing but you don't want him as an enemy...anyway,my point is that, to me, He always came across as slightly alienated, living in is own world and not fitting in ours :) - the outsider,who is also a poet and therefore expresses all the conflicting ideas, emotions and distresses like no one else - and his work is of course directly linked to his personality, so in a way I'm not entirely surprised by this article, although I wish things could be different :o

I just want people to keep an open mind (and open ears;)) about his music, because that's all that matters and is (for the most part) utterly brilliant! :D

I don't understand the big deal. The man wasn't pubicly humiliated or insulted by anyone. He was sent home and now he's having a cry about it.

Waah.

Perhaps Morriissey saw this man to be a lurker, the stuff he's come out with sounds suspicious and ridiculous..

I bought myself a Moz posse t-shirt on Monday.

I'll roadie for you Moz. The first record I bought was Adam And The Ants -Stand And Deliver. That must get Boz's approval at least..considering...

Oh I have good hair, follow a non-meat diet and I think your new single is garbage.

Agreed
Oh and 'for the record' :D Am I fired or not? :p
hotmonkees.jpg

I would hire you:D I like the Monkees:) but you know that anyway!

i feel like the last 3 years of my life have been a lie. :tears:
Why? we the fans, we see a image. Not the real person...no matter what the song writer or singer has to say in his or her songs. We are addressed with a persona, which is exhibited on stage or in front of a camera. We don't know or see or hear about the professional background of a popstar like Morrissey, well not that much anyway. I suppose he has to be a bit aloof and churlish, that is why he has survived so long.
I read this in disbelief... I mean... Unbelieveable, but I'm sure it's all true... What a pity... If I ever get to meet Morrissey wherever, it will be scarier than facing Darth Vader in the Dagobah's dark swamp cave... Like Luke in Empire Strikes Back... And that's scary enough... But as I read, my beloved Morrissey behaves more like The Emperor... Disappointed, but still can't stop loving him... f*ck!

Cool.....idea you lightsaber Darth vader in the head and underneath you have Morrissey's face!

I bought myself a Moz posse t-shirt on Monday.

I'll roadie for you Moz. The first record I bought was Adam And The Ants -Stand And Deliver. That must get Boz's approval at least..considering...

Oh I have good hair, follow a non-meat diet and I think your new single is garbage.

HA. If he had any sense he would hire you. I would hire just have The Fall lyrics in your signature.

Morrissey has been a pop star since 1983 or what ever year it is. He is a multi Millionaire. He has a posse of people all around him saying 'yes' to him all the time. He makes a record company a lot of money so everyone is going to kiss ass. His backing band do and so do his management. All just saying he is a an eccentric, genius or poet is just bollocks, he is a pampered pop star. He has a certain arrogance that meant his survival for over 20 years in that industry. That is why he can pick and choose at the drop of a hat who he works along side.

Also, being in the entertainment business is a lot different then having an interview and seeing if the bosses like you. I suppose actually meeting Morrissey was a part of that interview. I guess at the 1st meeting he didn't like the guy. So he had to go home. Well the record company coughed up the money for it. Hopefully the chap can get work with some more down to earth people.

Last edited:
Also, being in the entertainment business is a lot different then having an interview and seeing if the bosses like you. I suppose actually meeting Morrissey was a part of that interview. I guess at the 1st meeting he didn't like the guy. So he had to go home.

Yes, you have a point here. :)

It may be typical behavior of an indulgent rock star, but I guess I would just like to think that Moz was different. I’ve worked with enough egomaniacs to know that how they treat people who work below them is the true test of their character. So…if true, this is disappointing. But I guess that’s what 20+ years of worship and adulation can do to a man. He is human after all.

Very interesting read for sure. But of course we likely don’t have the whole story.

My first 45: Will it Go Round in Circles, Billy Preston
First album: Captain Fantastic, Elton John

he is in ill health much in this tour, I wonder it is because of food, a professional must look in the matter a nutritionist,
Not only someone who cuts vegetables .;)

It may be typical behavior of an indulgent rock star, but I guess I would just like to think that Moz was different. I’ve worked with enough egomaniacs to know that how they treat people who work below them is the true test of their character. So…if true, this is disappointing. But I guess that’s what 20+ years of worship and adulation can do to a man. He is human after all.

Very interesting read for sure. But of course we likely don’t have the whole story.

My first 45: Will it Go Round in Circles, Billy Preston
First album: Captain Fantastic, Elton John
you're sacked!

he is in ill health much in this tour, I wonder it is because of food, a professional must look in the matter a nutritionist,
Not only someone who cuts vegetables .;)

Lol. Thats a really good point! I never thought of food at all being a reason for him getting ill many times. A vegetarian needs alternative vitamins and such dont they. Hmm. I wonder.

White Horses - Jacky, which ironically would probably be seen by the GLE as retro kitsch and acceptable.

He didn't reveal what's in the red and green travel mugs that are always set up on the drum riser for Morrissey. They're identical thermal travel mugs, one red and one green. I'm madly curious, I've never seen him sip from either one but they're always there. One tea, one juice? Now we may never know.

Vodka and Tizer.

^^^ HAHAAA!!

I think the answer is YES! :D

It's okay, you still beat my first official purchase. :p

^^^ HAHAAA!!

I think the answer is YES! :D

It's okay, you still beat my first official purchase. :p

Well, it was the first one that was mine, all mine -I bought with my money. Before I bought it, I was listening to my brother's Beatles, Pink Floyd and Supertramp records. Does that count for anything?! :D OK, do tell us your first vinyl purchase

That was an interesting article. I've always thought it must be hard to work for Morrissey since he's so picky about everything. Never know what might piss him off. Who cares though I'm still a fan of course well whatever this guy did doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom