If you Limeys don't like the Royals, as you are always bitching, why don't you do away with them?

Re: If you Limeys don't like the Royals, as you are always bitching, why don't you do away with them

yeah well it's easier for you to get guns
gerrus one?

How many Moz fans you reckon are armed?

Has Morrissey ever stated an opinion about gun ownership?

I'm a vegan. I've been vegetarian for something like 9 years now. I've never gone hunting and I never would. But I've got a little sompin-sompin tucked under my pillow. There's nothing like a heavily armed liberal, baby

pic131428.jpg

You have the mentality of George W Bush

How do we 'do away' with them?
There are plenty of them, all queueing up to be next in line.
Prince Edward had another one this week who is..... I dont know, 8th or 9th in line and there are plenty more behind that one.
We can only do away with them at the polls but that will never happen as there are too many 'for Queen / King and country' brainwashed idiots out there happy to serve and be subjects.
It just wont happen.

I meant politically, You Wanker. It was your fellow countrymen who brought up guns, Tosser!

Re: How many Moz fans you reckon are armed?

> Has Morrissey ever stated an opinion about gun ownership?

> I'm a vegan. I've been vegetarian for something like 9 years now. I've
> never gone hunting and I never would. But I've got a little sompin-sompin
> tucked under my pillow. There's nothing like a heavily armed liberal, baby
>
Your lucky, My Wife would never allow me to have one.

Ahh. A marriage is compromise.

Just promise to get training and to lock your guns up. Each of my firearms has a trigger lock, and all are stored in a gun safe with two massive locks on it.

I tend to gravitate towards pieces with interesting histories. The three rifles on the top row, for instance, are Swiss straight-pull bolt-action rifles made from the early 1930s to the late 1950s. I've got one from each decade. They were used to defend Switzerland and keep her a neutral country while Italy, France, and Germany burned around her. They were never used in war. The K31 is one of the most accurate rifles ever made, constructed from the finest components available (made by Sig and Hammerli). Similar modern rifles would cost $1500 to $2000 or more if they made such a weapon, which they don't. These cost me about $100 each because I have a Curio & Relic license from the BATF. They're becoming pretty rare, though. Coolest thing is that most K31s have a name tag under the butt plate with the soldier's name, address, company, etc. Many American collectors have become pen-pals with the Swiss soldier who originally carried the rifle.

The pistols are cold war Czech CZ-52s, made from 1952 to 1954. They fire an extremely powerful cartridge and use an unusual locking roller mechanism.

pic131450.jpg

Re: If you Limeys don't like the Royals, as you are always bitching, why don't you do away with them

> Just like we (USA) did.

The vast majority of people here love the Royals, I really wouldn't have any high expectations of the population of England if I were you, same as I don't have any of the population of America.

Then why didn't you say that then you f***in' wanker. And double tosser.

Re: How many Moz fans you reckon are armed?

> Your lucky, My Wife would never allow me to have one.

Go back into the kitchen and ask her again. She might have changed her mind. If not, try the wet oven glove. Always works with my Noni when she's being a stubborn wee minx.

Sound advice Weiß and Patrick

> Go back into the kitchen and ask her again. She might have changed her
> mind. If not, try the wet oven glove. Always works with my Noni when she's
> being a stubborn wee minx.

The wet oven glove trick could either work out very well indeed or could subject me to take out and fighting for the sofa with our dog for the next few days.

I'd sooner do away with the vast armies of politicians / civil servants / quangos / local government etc. They cost a hell of a lot more and give us much less fun. And tourists don't queue up to look around Doncaster Town Hall do they?

TMF

I agree with you on the politicians,they're about as worthless as paris hilton is to hollywood.

Re: Thanks to the local girls.. I've been told 'Donny' is quite a lively night out!

And a hot bed of Labour Party corruption ('Private Eye', passim)

Re: Lead singer of Chesterfields dies..

Hey Magic.. Being the champion as you are of the obscure indie world.. Did you read that David Goldsworthy, lead singer of the Chesterfields died in a Hit&Run in Oxford yesterday?

Didn't know much about them apart from the fact they were part of the indie 80's fraternity. Just thought I'd mention it as I know you run your websites for these types of bands..

Ruffian

> Hey Magic.. Being the champion as you are of the obscure indie world.. Did
> you read that David Goldsworthy, lead singer of the Chesterfields died in
> a Hit&Run in Oxford yesterday?

> Didn't know much about them apart from the fact they were part of the
> indie 80's fraternity. Just thought I'd mention it as I know you run your
> websites for these types of bands..

I think I've got an LP of theirs, "Crocodile Tears", which I picked up in a second hand shop. I don't know much about them though. Not a happy bit of news though, as he was someone's son / partner.

TMF

> I think I've got an LP of theirs, "Crocodile Tears", which I
> picked up in a second hand shop. I don't know much about them though. Not
> a happy bit of news though, as he was someone's son / partner.

> TMF

They released an album titled "Kettle". Thier reasoning behind this was that everytime on Coronation Street when Rita said to Mavis "Put kettle on", it would refer to the album. True story. They also released the single "Ask Johnny Dee". I think. Sometimes all these jingle jangle bands from the mid eighties merge into one.

Re: Black on the outside.. (no moz)

errrmmmmmm LoF.. what went wrong? I would say you'd have a black armband on, but it wouldn't show against your all black shirt.. Can't believe you let the old enemy turn you over.. ouch, that's gotta hurt.

Yet, despite the pundets, the English got stronger.. and will they get even better?? what price a webb ellis trophy coming home next week?

I must say, the Aussie press (maybe even the NZ press) is getting laughed at by our press for their single minded vindictiveness about English rugby 'arrogance' and 'boredom'.. The Brit press for once has been fairly dignified (in the proper papers) with incisive and accurate reporting.. avoiding 'sledging'. We're led to believe the Aussies are obsessed with English success, and our apparrent (and misguided) lack of cleanliness!!

Your view from the Southern hemisphere?
Ruffian

PS, Saw Whale Rider last night.. very good.. have you seen it?