Is there any Moz/Smiths song you wish was never recorded?

I am bit suprised(or should i say a lot):How could anybody possibly know.---how could anybody possibly say this is a bad song??????????????????????????
Or...Moonriver, or Driving your girlfriend home, Our frank....
I know that Kill uncle isnt his greatest album, but it has his moments.
just my two cents

tough question - there are certainly a handful of songs that I've never really liked all that much but to wish them never recorded - well, I don't think I'd go quite that far.

To be honest, "First Of The Gang To Die". Not only out of curiousity, to see if YATQ would have been recorded, but that it's, well I've heard it too manhy times and it's not really that interesting.

This is the most shocking thing I've read in a while!
If those songs you've mentioned here were never recorded I would never even fall in love with the smiths/moz music.

I can somehow understand the Golden Lights, but saying that Shakespeare's sister or HSIN or Barbarism are SO AWFUL they should've never been recorded is just mental!
You practically listed my top 10 here.
Dear God is my #2 from ROTT and How could anybody - #3 from Quarry, Our Frank is great live, and I'm not even speaking about Ouija Board!
:eek:

There are no songs that I wish were never recorded, there are quite a few that I dislike, but I just don't listen to them.

Asian Rut

ARE YOU COMPLETELY MAD????????????????????????????????

the following songs ought never to have been composed, let alone recorded...

journalists who lie

i don't owe you anything

most of you are the quarry, except: irish blood, english heart; all the lazy dykes; how can anybody...; the world is full of crashing bores and i like you

this charming man (well, the lyric, anyway - the music's great!)

sorrow will come in the end

tony the pony

i keep mine hidden

there's a place in hell...

most of ringleader of the... (except: at last i am born; i will see you in...; the youngest and the first half of life is a pigsty)

i know it's gonna happen...

papa jack

you're the one for me, fatty

pashernate love

he cried

my love life

found, found, found

you're gonna need someone on your side

used to be a sweet boy

the harsh truth of the camera eye

Hmm theres none I would wish they hadent made. I pretty much like every song.. I mean theres some I kinda dont like but I dont think GAWD I WISH THEY HADENT MADE THAT. hah

Danielle

1 This Charming Man.
2. Every Day Is Like Sunday.
3. Life Is A pigsty

ARE YOU CRAZYYYYY!!! EVERDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY IS ONE OF THE BEST.... I mean come on do you even have a understanding for that song.. it's so emotional and amazing... PLEASE! WHY??

I know what you mean!! This is crazy.. I would never want them to have done anything diffrent, it would have screwed everything up!!

Danielle

Golden Lights. It's the only Smiths song I have to skip. Death Of A Disco Dancer.... I just don't get it, sorry.

Death of a Disco Dancer?! Sacrilege! :p That's a beautiful song. Same goes for Meat Is Murder IMHO, but I can understand it's not to everyone's taste.

I'm also entirely confused as to how anyone could wish Ouija Board, Ouija Board was never recorded. Great song. I third the above statement about Moonriver too.

The only song I truly have issues with is Dagenham Dave, that was not a good choice at all.

There's nothing that The Smiths released that I wish had never been recorded, but there are a few Moz songs I could live without:

Sorrow Will Come In The End
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy
Journalists Who Lie
Papa Jack
That's Entertainment (a crap version of a great song)
Asian Rut
Best Friend on the Payroll
You're the One For Me, Fatty
Do Your Best and Don't Worry (hollowest Moz lyrics ever)
How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?
I Will See You In Far Off Places
America Is Not The World

I think that's about it...

Back
Top Bottom