Istanbul audience members fight for shirt video - true-to-you.net

its bizarre, a manic lot of gay guys trying to rip apart their gay idols shirt. dog eat dog.

I politely disagree with your argument. There is definitely an energy at Morrissey's shows. Fans want a part of the shirt to keep a piece of that energy alive--symbolically, perhaps. Who wouldn't want to keep positive emotions flowing? Morrissey offers many feelings of hope and validation (on many different themes). You might want to criticize this--but, from a psychological perspective (perhaps), if this "works"--then it should be allowed, right?

As far as Morrissey's needs and desires are concerned, I can't judge him. He is definitely not a typical star at all. I do believe he suffered many years ago for many different reasons. His beliefs might not be popular, but I respect him for his conviction. His efforts towards animal rights are to be applauded. He is definitely not a narcissist. That being said, we all need some healthy and sane measure of narcissism (even if only on a very small level). Morrissey's fandom is devoted and unique and rare--very special to me.

My concern is that the shirt should not be an excuse to treat others poorly--as I have witnessed. I would love a shirt or a piece of it, but I am not going to scream, push, shove, hit, and elbow to get such a memento.

Lastly, Morrissey is inspiring! After many, many adult years as a devout Morrissey fan, I made my mind to "do" something with my fandom. I decided to return to school--graduate studies. I am pursuing a master's degree in English to study literature and eventually teach this inspiring subject. I am soon to graduate, and perhaps I can provide a small flicker of hope to a younger generation. All of this came from years of studying Morrissey's references and interests--as well as those of Natalie Merchant/10,000 Maniacs, R.E.M., and others.

Morrissey has wasted 3, perhaps 4 decades as a Cheesetarian Crank-Fraud and, until his veiled 'mea culpa' with his denunciation of Michael and Emily Eavis and Glastonbury, he has positively harmed the attempts to raise the issue of the Animal Holocaust in human culture. However, the future is his to seize if he can finally reign in his ludicrious narcissism and stop trolling the animals, queer culture and the politics of nation-states, and the rest of his pet topics. If he does so, his legacy may yet be one other than ridicule. You describe yourself as a 'devout Morrissey fan'. I describe you as another example of a Cult Casualty with advanced Stockholm Syndrome, captured by his C List parade of pop star tropes which Piaff, Bolan and others did with more passion and less flaneur contrivance and artifice. If he finally releases his Vegan Voice in song, then he will leave this planet with honour. Any more nonsense of sniffing Carnist Alpha Male pheremones in 5* hotels only to get the shits and cancel gigs then he faces oblivion.

"BrummieBoy" has been offered a serious contract to write a definitive debunking of all this, with a working title of "Morrissey, The Idol With Feet Of Cheese" but has declined as he still thinks there is hope that Morrissey can redeem "Meat Is Murder", his greatest contribution to human culture and a landmark, milestone on the road to planetary healing by ending the Atrocity Exhibition of the Animal Holocaust. Also, BB is busy on numerous levels and cannot be bothered with 'pop stars' other than to mock them for their bonfire of vanities. Of course there are *legal issues* in publishing anything whilst either Morrissey or BB are alive, but "M, TIWFOC" is part of BB's estate archive and he will leave the decision whether or not to publish to the guardians and custodians of his artistic crypt, namely his son and daughter. Many 'academics' have written complex post-modernist theses on all this, and they are universally full of shit. Feel free to write another one!

Finally, after those stern words, I wish you every possible joy and success in your future career as a pedagogue. When Morrissey dissed Robin Williams suicide, BB played "Dead Poet's Society" on a loop and very nearly issued another 'fatwa' against Morrissey's career. The culture of 'Americana' that you reference through REM, etc, is indeed an astonishing tapestry of nourishment for emerging human teens. As is 'Mean Girls'. And, of course, Taylor Swift. However, you neglect to mention the greatest voices of modern American culture, Mark 'Sparklehorse' Linkous and Vic Chesnutt. If you have not yet unearthed their golden motherlode, then I envy you as you face utter bliss in your initiation into their work of random memetic genius. Both tragic suicides, they point an accusing finger at Morrissey's 'career suicidalism' as does Jeff Buckley whom you would know as Morrissey has tried to appropriate 'Grace' for his "Dead Poet's Society" hipster boast list.

Regretfully, I will not be entering into further discussion with you due to time constraints but I have enjoyed our interaction. Best of luck with the Corn-Pone Nazi era of Amerikkka. James Kunstler is right. Amerikkka if fcuked. So it the UK if we don't bail on Atlanticism and rejoin our Scandi forebear culture. But that, obviously, is a different topic which is foremost in BB's mind as he monitor's the UK election drivel on various screens here in his bunker, aka: *Mom's Basement*. LOL!

best
BB

[comment composed whilst listening to:
Balmorhea - Constellations ]

Last edited by a moderator:
The cult 'fans' at his shows are just a resource to feed his narcissism and re-assure him that he's an A-List 'star' like Elvis, Tom Jones and Marc Bolan were in their prime, rather than a fading C-List celeb who has manufactured this absurd panto-theatrical trope since his career started. The fans in this clip are being civilised and patient as they wait for a snip of the 'holy garment' (rollseyes), but like you many of us have seen oafish or psychotic fans fighting for their entitlement to a piece of 'holy relic', even if it means snatching it from someone who got it first. And even if it means hurting frail or vulnerable people, or those who are do not understand that the 'pit' as his shows is a pantomime prop contrived by Morrissey. Walk back 10 rows from the front and the Audience are enjoying the gig, knowing that they are safe from the disturbed 'fans' by the stage, lost in their co-dependent Cult Guru/Worshipper pantomime with Morrissey. It was amusing 30 years ago, now it's just pathetic to see balding middle-age men grasping for a shirt thrown by another balding middle-age man. Not because they're old, but because they often act like thug teenagers having a scrap by the taxi-rank.

best
BB

Never really saw the point in fighting for a piece of Morrissey's shirt. When all is siad and done it's a bit of a ripped shirt. Fking ell perhaps some of these nutters could come round my house and sew some buttons on my workshirts?

Never really saw the point in fighting for a piece of Morrissey's shirt. When all is siad and done it's a bit of a ripped shirt. Fking ell perhaps some of these nutters could come round my house and sew some buttons on my workshirts?

:lbf: I've got some washing up they can do while they're at it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom