Kig Live: Jakarta now cancelled (November 10, 2023)

Screenshot_20231110-223501.png
Screenshot_20231110-224005.png

Further to discussion in the Bangkok and Hong Kong thread, this appears to have been confirmed in the last ~10 hours - as this tweet was still promoting it then:

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited:
Been walking around in Auckland today. A lot of posters for upcoming concerts but not a single one for Morrissey. Doesnt have to mean a thing.

But, a Facebook ad with more tickets availible for Sydney popped up. (Cant manage to post the screenshot)
They wouldn't need posters because Auckland sold out weeks ago.

I don't know what importance is placed on the comments on solo in his team - but he has mentioned the fallout from cancellations a few times. He doesn't like it.

… The worst was in June in Boston when I was hospitalised with acute fever. I was delirious for six hours… talking absolute nonsense and unable to stop. I’ve never been so frightened in my life. Then of course you get bitchy comments for having to cancel shows. The hospital actually gave me a heroin-based medication to calm me down. But, so what? I’ve been in so many hospitals lately that there’s hardly any point in me leaving. (Morrissey, Hot Press, 20 August 2014)
True, he knows things that are said, as he mentioned some of them (critics about his appearance) on the FOX 5 NY show, saying funnily to the camera: "But look at you!". So, if he or someone of the team reads this: You do look very good and nice, and sing beautifully, we know you don't cancel for stupid reasons, we do not share Boy George's views about Geminis, and we can live very well without any Miley on any album 😎

So we have Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Tokyo cancelled. Does that bring us up to four concerts cancelled so far or am I missing some?

They wouldn't need posters because Auckland sold out weeks ago.
Yes but even before the Sydney concerts went on sale here, there were no posters at all. After sale was the same thing, no advertising, no posters, nothing.

The reason is the keyboardist's injury! ? If that's the cause of cancellations... Let me clarify that calcaneal fractures take a long time to recover..... Godsss. DIOSSS

So we have Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Tokyo cancelled. Does that bring us up to four concerts cancelled so far or am I missing some?
Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Jarkata. Don't think Tokyo has been canceled.

Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Jarkata. Don't think Tokyo has been canceled.
Thanks for that. For some reason I also thought Tokyo was gone too. With Jakarta 22nd gig being cancelled it doesn't bode well for Tokyo on the 28th does it?

According to this site there are very few tickets left for Japan and Australia. This is good news but I guess cancellations are still very possible. But then this site could be full of shit.

https://www.viagogo.com/au/Concert-Tickets/Alternative-and-Indie/Morrissey-Tickets?AffiliateID=49&adposition=&PCID=PSAUGOOCONMORRI1E83677A3A&AdID=669088979428&MetroRegionID=&psc=,&ps=cy-7147|mr-0&ps_p=0&ps_c=20437752434&ps_ag=152087338013&ps_tg=kwd-2174142295862&ps_ad=669088979428&ps_adp=,&ps_fi=,&ps_li=,&ps_lp=9112649&ps_n=g&ps_d=c&ps_ex=&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAr8eqBhD3ARIsAIe-buOAeJz_C_r4aEmyMnOS_Sh4PfS_HzKvVZMLSPOZkk5R840atwH66iQaAsgjEALw_wcB

Thanks for that. For some reason I also thought Tokyo was gone too. With Jakarta 22nd gig being cancelled it doesn't bode well for Tokyo on the 28th does it?

According to this site there are very few tickets left for Japan and Australia. This is good news but I guess cancellations are still very possible. But then this site could be full of shit.

https://www.viagogo.com/au/Concert-Tickets/Alternative-and-Indie/Morrissey-Tickets?AffiliateID=49&adposition=&PCID=PSAUGOOCONMORRI1E83677A3A&AdID=669088979428&MetroRegionID=&psc=,&ps=cy-7147|mr-0&ps_p=0&ps_c=20437752434&ps_ag=152087338013&ps_tg=kwd-2174142295862&ps_ad=669088979428&ps_adp=,&ps_fi=,&ps_li=,&ps_lp=9112649&ps_n=g&ps_d=c&ps_ex=&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAr8eqBhD3ARIsAIe-buOAeJz_C_r4aEmyMnOS_Sh4PfS_HzKvVZMLSPOZkk5R840atwH66iQaAsgjEALw_wcB
Every Australian show is sold out apart from Melbourne I think. But I think Melbourne could very well sell out in the coming weeks, especially since they're selling some tickets for only $80 AU now, and you'd imagine they might come out with some more deals as the weeks go on.
I know you're an Australian ticket holder as am I, it is very annoying not knowing if we'll be seeing him in three weeks or not.
Personally I think if Australia and Japan are going to be canceled, we'd know about it by the end of the week.

Time to give Mikey B. Farrell a call.

Every Australian show is sold out apart from Melbourne I think. But I think Melbourne could very well sell out in the coming weeks, especially since they're selling some tickets for only $80 AU now, and you'd imagine they might come out with some more deals as the weeks go on.
I know you're an Australian ticket holder as am I, it is very annoying not knowing if we'll be seeing him in three weeks or not.
Personally I think if Australia and Japan are going to be canceled, we'd know about it by the end of the week.

I still think Japan and Australia will happen.
If they don’t, then something is seriously wrong. Though maybe that wrong could be a good in disguise.

Now tickets are being issued in Japan. If there ever was an intention to tour Asia, no one took in consideration his aversion to airplanes. So Singapur-Hong Kong then down to Bangkok-Jakarta then up to Tokyo then down again to Australia? It was a mess.

$80? Wow. I bought four tickets, two each for two Sydney nights with two being $200 each and the others $300 each, not including service fee and insurance and they're not even front row seats.

A confirmation that the shows left on this Australasian tour are actually happening would be nice, since the recent cancellations have put the remaining shows in doubt but that is not Morrissey's style is it?

Now tickets are being issued in Japan. If there ever was an intention to tour Asia, no one took in consideration his aversion to airplanes. So Singapur-Hong Kong then down to Bangkok-Jakarta then up to Tokyo then down again to Australia? It was a mess.
Much the same as the geography in Latin America. Mexico down to Lima, back up to Bogotá then back down to Santiago. Whoever came up with that plan isn’t keen on themselves let alone anyone else.
It was a mess and continues to be a mess. Maybe the reprogrammed dates in February will go ahead, but the doubt has increased of them not going ahead with these latest cancellations.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom