Liverpool - Empire Theatre (July 18, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Wish You Lonely / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / Our Frank / Knockabout World / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Half A Person / My Hurling Days Are Done / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of whichway2 via setlist.fm

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange the amount of people moaning about the set list. I’d say it’s the strongest set list of his solo career- look at all the Smiths greats, plus Suedehead, Speedway etc. It’s a great set list.
You can get too much of a good thing.

And in 2023, everyone can find out what the setlist was on previous dates at the click of a button by coming on here. If this was a 1990s tour, when few people were online, then the setlist would be more of a surprise.

I'm not expecting wholesale changes at every gig. But a couple of surprises each night wouldn't go amiss.

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Wish You Lonely / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / Our Frank / Knockabout World / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Half A Person / My Hurling Days Are Done / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of whichway2 via setlist.fm
In row D, Moz was brilliant, the band where ace, I wish I had tickets for tomorrow.
Brill

Last edited:
You can get too much of a good thing.

And in 2023, everyone can find out what the setlist was on previous dates at the click of a button by coming on here. If this was a 1990s tour, when few people were online, then the setlist would be more of a surprise.

I'm not expecting wholesale changes at every gig. But a couple of surprises each night wouldn't go amiss.
Were you expecting Shankly this evening? Moz can’t help the fact the internet has been invented since the 1990s.

This picture was taken in Liverpool in November 2009, and appeared in the Liverpool Echo. I believe poor Morrissey walked off after being hit by a bottle. Nasty.

a smash of glass and a rumble of boots

View attachment 93418
That’s basically the story.
I was there on the night, it was a plastic bottle of water but it looked almost full.
That coming at you through the glare of a spotlight would be quite the shock and although it was awful to see Moz walk off stage after only two songs (This Charming Man. Black Cloud) I couldn’t really blame him. Support was from Doll & The Kicks who played a great set so it wasn’t an entirely wasted evening.
This picture was taken in Liverpool in November 2009, and appeared in the Liverpool Echo. I believe poor Morrissey walked off after being hit by a bottle. Nasty.

a smash of glass and a rumble of boots

View attachment 93418

To be honest I can’t believe people thought the band were great. I thought they were poor. They butchered Our Frank and on other songs Morrissey was late coming on which I am not sure was his fault or the bands. No wonder he looked irritated. Someone almost pulled him over too when Morrissey held out his hand to him. f***ing idiots some people. One girl who tried after that fell on her back off the stage from about 8 feet. Hope she was ok.

@jackswhippet

liverpool 1.jpg

@jackswhippet

liverpool 2.jpg

That used to happen all the fecking time in the 90s and he would often stick one in his gob. I think there was a single cover with him with a fag in the gob
Yah I guessed as much but it's just weird how little things like that bring you back.

@jackswhippet

liverpool 3.jpg

@songs_that_saved_my_life

Liverpool 4.jpg

@songs_that_saved_my_life

Liverpool 5.jpg

Sunak, Sadiq Khan and Zelensky questions begin at 4:00 min.
Unfortunately I didn't understand (again) what he said to audience after the third question :unsure:

So, what’s happened to Notre Dame??

Is it possible the band didn’t like playing it?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom