Liverpool - Empire Theatre (July 19, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Irish Blood, English Heart / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Speedway / Jim Jim Falls / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Night Pop Dropped / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Notre-Dame / How Soon Is Now? / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / The Loop / My Hurling Days Are Done / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @Dusty Miller's Hornpipe

Last edited:
I'm sure the whole spiel about recording the concert was inspired by the fact that Wikipedia removed any reference of Jane Birkin's involvement in Moz's meltdown due to a lack of sources... Gotta love these little Moz easter eggs ;)
No, it's because a recorded announcement came out a few minutes before stating that recording video at this event was illegal. One of the venue security started getting heavy and trying to someone in the front row recording on their phone, leading to an outburst from Morrissey during the opening song for security to take it easy.

I'd say we got the better of the two sets on Tuesday, no ND and Mr Shankly. If only he'd kept jack the ripper in there too. Ah well!

I heard Moz sing 'Sharon' several times during Every Day is Like Sunday, I do believe.

No, it's because a recorded announcement came out a few minutes before stating that recording video at this event was illegal. One of the venue security started getting heavy and trying to someone in the front row recording on their phone, leading to an outburst from Morrissey during the opening song for security to take it easy.
Ok that makes sense... thanks for the info (y)(y)

There was a huge ruckus with an older couple in the 2nd row complaining about everyone legging it down the front. I half sympathise but everyone is going to stand all gig anyway, so they were never going to get an unobstructed seated view from that position - should have gone on the balcony. They ended up getting removed by security I think.

Got to admit I'm not a huge fan of how Morrissey has ended the last few concerts with a speech about "Our strength is in our history, our strength is in our unity, etc". It feels a bit too much like something you'd hear at a Nazi rally. I suppose at least he hasn't done a salute at this point yet. Maybe he's saving that for London? :squiffy:

Was Marianne there acting like she’s friends with Morrissey and the band?

There was a huge ruckus with an older couple in the 2nd row complaining about everyone legging it down the front. I half sympathise but everyone is going to stand all gig anyway, so they were never going to get an unobstructed seated view from that position - should have gone on the balcony. They ended up getting removed by security I think.
Agreed. I don't know why he plays venues that have seated stalls. Everybody stands up as soon as he comes on, and people from further back rush to the front. If I'd paid full whack for seats towards the front and I was suddenly stood behind 100 people I'd be furious.

Upstairs circle seating, downstairs standing room only. Very fair way to do it.

Maybe he enjoys seeing the rush and the push.

@nicolactodd

2.jpg

@beardymanstephen

3.jpg

@abisessions

5.jpg

@abisessions

6.jpg

@abisessions
( great pic ! )
7.jpg

@abisessions