Morrissey interview in Hürriyet Kelebek (Turkish)

Seriously? In cognition? Hardly. When was the last time a non-human animal composed music, write a book, solved a mathematical equation, learned a language, rode a bicycle, invented an electronic devise, altered matter, flew an airplane, or experienced theory of mind?

I have no idea how these things are morally relevant. There are millions of people who are incapable of any of these things. This doesn't reduce their moral value at all. It seems that you're following the same logic as the Nazis when they decided that mentally disabled people are 'less important' than people who are not mentally disabled.

As I said, "If I just want to, I can find several irrelevant differences between different groups of humans, just like I can find several irrelevant differences between humans and non-human animals. But I can also stop being childish and accept the fact that in terms of everything relevant, we are pretty much equal."

As for theory of mind, you can google it. 'Theory of mind animals'. Not that it's relevant here, but it's a fun question.

The interview reads as his last obstacle to animal free living is the wearing of leather shoes. One cannot gain entrance to the premier pubs Moz is known to frequent wearing rubber boots.

First of all, he never came out and said he wears leather. He said leather alternatives are uncomfortable. Also, that was a translated article.

Secondly, leather cows are different from meat cows. Often, they are marched from India to a country where they can be legally slaughtered, for miles in the hot sun with no food or water. The soft leather comes from unborn calves, which are cut out of their mother's stomachs while she hangs upside down with no anaesthetic.

I await your nasty reply, as skinny is *never* wrong.

What you've said about leather production is unembellished, 100% HORSESHIT.. You haven't got the first idea what you are talking about. I have worked with fellmongers and the leather industry. Keep your mouth shut unless you know what you are talking about. You'll avoid looking even more stupid.

And as for that laughable point on the translation of the article - perhaps you'd like to tell us what other parts of it may be mistranslated? Go right ahead.

How's that for your nasty reply?

P.

Last edited:
Also it is literally impossible to be 100% vegan in today's society. If you walk your righteous vegan self out the door in your cruelty-free kicks and take the bus to Whole Foods to buy Quorn & Quinoa, you're sitting on a seat put together with glue and propelled down the street by an industry that rapes mother nature as much as factory farming. You might as well wear comfortable leather shoes and toss the concept of holier-than-thou ethics beyond NOT INGESTING FLESH.

I've bought my first pair of vegan shoes recently. Another problem I see here is that they consist of mineral oils, and, some may find this excusable, i cannot, they squeak like hell. But, after all, it's nice to recognize other vegans not just by their beauty and healthy complexion but also by the sound of their shoes.

I bought a pair of these. Vegan but overpriced. Ridiculous. Poor people can't afford those inflated priced vegan shoes. I bet they cost five bucks to manufacture. Veganism in the west is for middle to upper middle class hipsters. Tell working class folks to pay $4.99 a pound for organic heirloom tomatoes. You'd be laughed off the face of the earth. You folks are living in an ideological bubble. Try reality for a change.

Also it is literally impossible to be 100% vegan in today's society. If you walk your righteous vegan self out the door in your cruelty-free kicks and take the bus to Whole Foods to buy Quorn & Quinoa, you're sitting on a seat put together with glue and propelled down the street by an industry that rapes mother nature as much as factory farming. You might as well wear comfortable leather shoes and toss the concept of holier-than-thou ethics beyond NOT INGESTING FLESH.

Or you could calm down and respect the fact that some people are at least trying.

Post of the day.

Again, Skinny comes off as a self-righteous, hateful, malevolent c-nt, who refuses to take in any other perspective than his own. Sickening.

I don't know anyone who identifies as vegan who is so hellbent on achieving an impossible ideal that they don't understand the limitations of their actions. It's not about perfection, it's about intent. You don't just walk away and say "f*** it" if you can't do everything (and, of course, no one can). You make choices about what to purchase, ingest, and otherwise consume all day long, and you do the best you can.

Or you could calm down and respect the fact that some people are at least trying.

Kudos to that, but keep the sermons in your head. There's a poster who chastises Morrissey regularly for not being Vegan. Morrissey has contributed more awareness to the cause of vegetarianism and animal cruelty than any other figure in history. To attack his efforts is ludicrous and speaks more about the sanctimonious nature of vegans than anything. Is it about the animals? Or is it about being BETTER than the next person for XYZ reasons? For Morrissey it's about the animals. His head is in the right game. Let him wear leather shoes. The dead cow doesn't mind, trust me.

Sorry, but i cannot confirm these prejudices concerning vegans. my vegan shoes were rather inexpensive compared to trainers or leather boots. plus, i wouldn't call myself middle to upper middle class. my ancestors were all hard working farmers and factory workers, and they grew their own vegetables and fruits in their gardens because they didn't trust supermarkets. and they were right about that. then, i am not really sure what a hipster is? Something disgusting??

I have tons of cheap vegan shoes as well. Certified vegan as a marketing ploy? No. But 100 animal free none the less.

I bought a pair of these. Vegan but overpriced. Ridiculous. Poor people can't afford those inflated priced vegan shoes. I bet they cost five bucks to manufacture.

I just bought a pair of shoes from the supermarket. The cheapest pair of shoes I've ever had. Very comfortable. Also vegan.

Veganism in the west is for middle to upper middle class hipsters.

I'm a student and I'm poor as hell. My guess is that you have a lot more money than I do. (However, it is true that people in the educated middle class tend to be more interested in social/moral/ethical questions than people on average. This applies to human rights questions as well.)

Tell working class folks to pay $4.99 a pound for organic heirloom tomatoes.

I don't even know what those are.

You folks are living in an ideological bubble. Try reality for a change.

You're not making sense.

But 100% factually correct. You got a problem with facts, chummy-boy?

P.

I haven't seen you present any facts. I have just witnessed your obnoxiousness and your rudeness and your awfully narrow mind way too often.

Tell you what. You can put me on block or keep coming back. Your choice. What will you do?

P.

Like the above poster asked, why are you angry at everybody?

And it's not about me coming back or not. You really should get your shit together and ask yourself why you're always shouting and getting worked up. Your behaviour is awful.

Like the above poster asked, why are you angry at everybody?

And it's not about me coming back or not. You really should get your shit together and ask yourself why you're always shouting and getting worked up. Your behaviour is awful.

Here's some more then. Go f*** yourself. And you'll have a thrombosis if you keep getting worked up like that. Personally, I couldn't care less what happens on the internet. You do. Now, as I said. Go f*** yourself. And now....you're going on block/ignore. Enjoy the rest of your posting here. I shan't see any of it.

P.

Last edited:
Here's some more then. Go f*** yourself. And you'll have a thrombosis if you keep getting worked up like that. Personally, I couldn't care less what happens on the internet. You do. Now, as I said. Go f*** yourself. And now....you're going on block/ignore. Enjoy the rest of your posting here. I shan't see any of it.

P.

Is David T. reading this.

I know I'm the last person who should be making this observation, but does somebody get the feeling there's more going here than bickering? :squiffy:

Back
Top Bottom