Morrissey is in London - turns up at album launch

Jones

"Morrissey Turns Uo For She Keeps Bees Album Launch

She Keeps Bees, Babe Shadow and The Dufflefolks had a bit of a surprise last night when Morrissey turned up to club night Oh, Inverted World at the Old Queens Head pub in Angel. The night was headlined by She Keeps Bees, who were also celebrating their album launch for supremely sexy new album Nests. At a packed out venue, Morrissey arrived just before She Keeps Bees to sit in the corner.

Organiser James Hawkins said:

We were absolutely thrilled to have Morrissey along last night, its great that he is still up for coming to see the little guys and caused quite a stir by turning up.
Jessica Larrabee of She Keeps Bees was particularly excited to get to play to him, and it all added to a really buzzing night with a packed out crowd and a constant queue of people outside the venue throughout the night.

Also at the Old Queens Head was Jack Penate, there to see new band Babe Shadow who formed just three months ago and already attracting a huge crowd. Expect good things from these young ones."

http://www.glasswerk.co.uk/news/national/6309/Morrissey+Turns+Uo+For+She+Keeps+Bees+Album+Launch

"Morrissey Turns Uo For She Keeps Bees Album Launch

She Keeps Bees, Babe Shadow and The Dufflefolks had a bit of a surprise last night when Morrissey turned up to club night Oh, Inverted World at the Old Queens Head pub in Angel. The night was headlined by She Keeps Bees, who were also celebrating their album launch for supremely sexy new album Nests. At a packed out venue, Morrissey arrived just before She Keeps Bees to sit in the corner.

Organiser James Hawkins said:

We were absolutely thrilled to have Morrissey along last night, its great that he is still up for coming to see the little guys and caused quite a stir by turning up.
Jessica Larrabee of She Keeps Bees was particularly excited to get to play to him, and it all added to a really buzzing night with a packed out crowd and a constant queue of people outside the venue throughout the night.

Also at the Old Queens Head was Jack Penate, there to see new band Babe Shadow who formed just three months ago and already attracting a huge crowd. Expect good things from these young ones."

http://www.glasswerk.co.uk/news/national/6309/Morrissey+Turns+Uo+For+She+Keeps+Bees+Album+Launch

we can surely now expect them doing the support for the swords tour..anyone in for a bet?:p

Last edited:

I live less than a mile away from Old Queen's Head, didn't know they have a club night.

*edit*
http://itsmorrisseysworld.com and Dolls and the Kicks' myspace confirmed that October & November dates support.

Last edited:
w can surely now expect them doing the support for the swords tour..anyone in for a bet?:p

I think that Doll & the Kicks have already been booked? He might go for two supports at the sheds though?

Btw. The subject of keeping bees is topical in our house right now. We had a swarm of them nest on our allotment on Sunday, thousands of them. As luck would have it, the Northern Region Official Defra Bee Inspector used to keep them on a plot nearby, so he called to rescue us. Now my wife is keen to learn all about bee keeping.

Last edited:
I think that Doll & the Kicks have already been booked? He might go for two supports at the sheds though?

Btw. The subject of keeping bees is topical in our house right now. We had a swarm of them nest on our allotment on Sunday, thousands of them. As luck would have it, the Northern Region Official Defra Bee Inspector used to keep them on a plot nearby, so he called to rescue us. Now my wife is keen to learn all about bee keeping.

Brel
So when the wife is not at home, she will leave a note on the fridge door saying
''Honey you know where to find me'':D

Jukebox Jury

Brel
So when the wife is not at home, she will leave a note on the fridge door saying
''Honey you know where to find me'':D

Jukebox Jury

Down Heaton Park learning about the Bees and the Bees!! :lbf:

I like the bit in the original post about it being a "buzzing night"!

The question remains: Is she the bee's knees? (So am I)

Jack Penate must have been chuffed to see Morrissey there, having admitted recently to being inspired by The Smiths.

Oddly enough I bought 2 ceramic bumble bee nesters recently, one for my garden - it's now under the apple tree - and one for a friend of mine with whom I've shared a mutual admiration of these precious creatures. One instruction was to attract the non-agressive bees by placing a piece of an old mouse's nest in the mini-hive-shaped container. I kid you not!

Next is to try to find out what kind of drone this new band produces...

Yes! At least Moz is in London so there's a small chance of him turning up to the London Russell Brand shows in the next few weeks :) Will definitely get seats at the back of the auditorium

Re: Swords

Swords tour Sista? Do you know something we don't?

On 1st June http://true-to-you.net posted a statement from Morrissey:

1 June 2009

Statement from Morrissey:

I am very pleased to confirm that we will resume at Luxembourg this coming Friday (5 June), absorbed and collected. I have been reconstructed by a Wiltshire hospital and I am as close to good health as I'm likely to get. I apologize to everyone caught up in the to-ing and fro-ing, but the disappointment of postponement is less than the disappointment of hearing me sing on one engine.
I should stress that nothing has been canceled. The four London concerts are repositioned in July, and both Birmingham and the Royal Albert Hall are October fixtures. I've endured a titanic struggle against an intolerable virus lately, and although Hull, Hartlepool and Manchester were nights that comprised a whole life, the physical limits were reached. False notes crush the soul.

Besides Luxembourg and beyond, I am excited about the October release of Swords, which is an 18-track compilation of b-sides of singles from the last three albums. This will be a Polydor release.

Thanks to everyone who bought Years of refusal. We were the number one seller in the UK for the week of release, but, as with You are the quarry and Your arsenal, we were booted off the number one spot on the last hour of the final day. We cried.

I would like to point out that some passable creature is using my name and sending sharply chiseled replies to people via Twitter, myspace and Facebook. This person is not me. Not enough happens in my life that I would wish to share it with others. I do not scan these sites - or whatever they are - so I can only hope that whoever is posing as me is at least worth talking to. Beware of false imitations.

Thanks for reading these unvarnished facts, and thanks for giving us some greatly enjoyable nights on the Refusal tour.

absolutely yours, Morrissey.

I assume setlist of the gigs in October and November will be almost identical to March - July 2009.

Last edited:

I assume setlist of the gigs in October and November will be almost identical to March - July 2009.

Let's hope not! :D
And if not the support for Swords, then he'll probably approach them for the next tour. Moz is like this :D

Let's hope not!
And if not the support for Swords, then he'll probably approach them for the next tour. Moz is like this

Remember Salisbury, RAH, Paris and Lille dates are rescheduled after the postponement in May and June.

:confused:
Why would I need to remember this? I'm not attending any of those shows :tears:

134237.HA+HA+HA%20HA+HA+HA+HA!!!.jpg

Back
Top Bottom