Morrissey to sing ''Roy's Keen'' in Sunderland?

Jukebox Jury

Retired
For the benefit of all Americans reading, or anyone else not into 'soccer', Roy Keane is (currently) the manager of AFC Sunderland.
Would be quite apt for the song to be sung there:D
Of course, me and Grim would be booing like f*** throughout the song if it was sung!

Jukebox Jury

For the benefit of all Americans reading, or anyone else not into 'soccer', Roy Keane is (currently) the manager of AFC Sunderland.
Of course, me and Grim would be booing like f*** throughout the song if it was sung!

Jukebox Jury

I would too, but probably for different reasons. One, I'm a Newcastle supporter. Two, I hate that song.

I thought he was playing for Celtic? They came here 2 years ago for an exhibition match, and I was hoping he'd be in the lineup, but no.

Shows how closely I keep up with "football." :D

Two, I hate that song.

No wai, it's great. "Dunking the chamois; just think of the goodwill" is bizarre and awesome.

I thought he was playing for Celtic?

He only signed a 6 month contract with Celtic, when he moved from some club that play just outside Manchester (their name escapes me:D)

September 2006 he became manager of Sunderland leading them to promotion in May 2007 to the promised land of the Premier League - where they are getting tonked each weekend (lost 7-1 on Saturday to Everton) and are currently heading back down to where they came from!

Jukebox Jury

I would too, but probably for different reasons. One, I'm a Newcastle supporter. Two, I hate that song.

reason #2 made me laugh..

From the roy keane wikipedia page

On his album Maladjusted, singer Morrissey alludes to Keane on the song, "Roy's Keen". The song is ostensibly about an enthusiastic window cleaner, but includes lyrics such as "Climbing the ladder/Into each corner" - possible footballing terms. Morrissey has previosuly admitted to being a Man Utd. fan.

"Keen" indeed:

Last edited by a moderator:
He only signed a 6 month contract with Celtic, when he moved from some club that play just outside Manchester (their name escapes me:D)

September 2006 he became manager of Sunderland leading them to promotion in May 2007 to the promised land of the Premier League - where they are getting tonked each weekend (lost 7-1 on Saturday to Everton) and are currently heading back down to where they came from!

Jukebox Jury

and he wasnt much use at celtic either

Back
Top Bottom