My Weekend with Morrissey (Texas shows)

barenstank

More like cow-pie...
This is just a story about my weekend off of work with my girlfriend and best friend. I will post some pictures as my girlfriend emails them to me.

First we drove 10 hours to Dallas and were close to the front of the line before they announced that ages 21+ would form a separate line and receive entrance to the venue 5 minutes before everyone else. Utter bullshit if you ask me as my girlfriend and I are 19 and 20. As walking back to the car to drop off a sweater we saw Boz out back eating a fruit plate. We were about 4 people deep in line and waited hours just to be pushed around. We got to hear Last of the Famous International Playboys! I did get some good video clips as well as Jesse's pick a gift from my friend who also got the cuff of Moz' shirt (he is 21 and got to be up front).

Next day we drove to the backyard in Austin and saw many people standing in line at the front gate completely unaware of the back gate that would open at the same time so we took this opportunity to get a bite to eat. Right across the street I saw Boz and Mikey walking in the parking lot of Old Navy and caught Boz shopping for boxers. He asked if he should get the ones with the octopus on it and mentioned how Moz wouldn't be caught dead in Old Navy. After a few pictures and autographs later we went back to the back gate Jesse Tobias walked back and greeted us all and took some pictures. I figured that not many moz fans knew about the back gate at the backyard but I figured it was karma for the night before as well as shame on those who didn't go to modest mouse and see Johnny play. So we all got to be right against the barricade, shook Moz' hand and he even accepted my bracelet during the Queen is Dead. During the encore my friend jumped on stage and received a hug from Moz. He moved International Playboy to the 3rd song and subbed Lucky Lisp instead of Girlfriend in a Coma

Last day of our stint we showed up in Houston extra early and hung out next to Abrahan and some other annoying guy that thought he could sing and dance just like Morrissey and annoyed the hell out of me for about 5 hours straight telling us how he liked Morrissey when we were born and such is the usual holier than thou crap. The show was even better than the night before seeing as we got front and center again, autographs from Kristeen and Jeff, Moz' complete shirt, then hugs and autographs from Andy Rourke as he was getting out of his car to DJ the bar next to the venue. We got to hear the new song That's How People Grow Up instead of All You Need is Me, please please, please and Girlfriend instead of Plea to guilty and lucky lisp.

Over all it was the best 3 days of out entire lives. And the shirt smells heavenly(minus the armpits).

Last edited:
This is just a story about my weekend off of work with my girlfriend and best friend. I will post some pictures as my girlfriend emails them to me.

First we drove 10 hours to Dallas and were close to the front of the line before they announced that ages 21+ would form a separate line and receive entrance to the venue 5 minutes before everyone else. Utter bullshit if you ask me as my girlfriend and I are 19 and 20. As walking back to the car to drop off a sweater we saw Boz out back eating a fruit plate. We were about 4 people deep in line and waited hours just to be pushed around. We got to hear Last of the Famous International Playboys! I did get some good video clips as well as Jesse's pick a gift from my friend who also got the cuff of Moz' shirt (he is 21 and got to be up front).

Next day we drove to the backyard in Austinand saw many people standing in line at the front gate completely unaware of the back gate that would open at the same time so we took this opportunity to get a bite to eat. Right across the street I saw Boz and Mikey walking in the parking lot of Old Navy and caught Boz shopping for boxers. He asked if he should get the ones with the octopus on it and mentioned how Moz wouldn't be caught dead in Old Navy. After a few pictures and autographs later we went back to the back gate Jesse Tobias walked back and greeted us all and took some pictures. I figured that not many moz fans knew about the back gate at the backyard but I figured it was karma for the night before as well as shame on those who didn't go to modest mouse and see Johnny play. So we all got to be right against the barricade, shook Moz' hand and he even accepted my bracelet during the Queen is Dead. During the encore my friend jumped on stage and received a hug from Moz. He moved International Playboy to the 3rd song and subbed Lucky Lisp instead of Girlfriend in a Coma

Last day of our stint we showed up in Houston extra early and hung out next to Abrahan and some other annoying guy that thought he could sing and dance just like Morrissey and annoyed the hell out of me for about 5 hours straight telling us how he liked Morrissey when we were born and such is the usual holier than thou crap. The show was even better than the night before seeing as we got front and center again, autographs from Kristeen and Jeff, Moz' complete shirt, then hugs and autographs from Andy Rourke as he was getting out of his car to DJ the bar next to the venue. We got to hear the new song That's How People Grow Up instead of All You Need is Me, please please, please and Girlfriend instead of Plea to guilty and lucky lisp.

Over all it was the best 3 days of out entire lives. And the shirt smells heavenly(minus the armpits).

lol *choke* *splutter* roflmao.

Last day of our stint we showed up in Houston extra early and hung out next to Abrahan and some other annoying guy that thought he could sing and dance just like Morrissey and annoyed the hell out of me for about 5 hours straight telling us how he liked Morrissey when we were born and such is the usual holier than thou crap.
I get stuff like that all of the time, it gets quite irritating. I don't think age has much, if anything, to do with your dedication to a musician.
Glad that you guys had a good time!

Wow - Andy Rourke was DJing next door to the Morrissey gig?! That couldn't have been an accident.

Next day we drove to the backyard in Austin and saw many people standing in line at the front gate completely unaware of the back gate that would open at the same time so we took this opportunity to get a bite to eat. Right across the street I saw Boz and Mikey walking in the parking lot of Old Navy and caught Boz shopping for boxers. He asked if he should get the ones with the octopus on it and mentioned how Moz wouldn't be caught dead in Old Navy. After a few pictures and autographs later we went back to the back gate Jesse Tobias walked back and greeted us all and took some pictures. I figured that not many moz fans knew about the back gate at the backyard but I figured it was karma for the night before as well as shame on those who didn't go to modest mouse and see Johnny play. So we all got to be right against the barricade, shook Moz' hand and he even accepted my bracelet during the Queen is Dead. During the encore my friend jumped on stage and received a hug from Moz. He moved International Playboy to the 3rd song and subbed Lucky Lisp instead of Girlfriend in a Coma

What an awesome review!!! And a WHOLE shirt??? That's amazing! I'm sure it smells wonderful. Sounds like you had loads of fun. :)

The Austin show was great! The houston show was just ok as the crowd really sucked....overall.....coming from the Austin show you would really understand. And it was strange going from houston to austin as there were no videos or backdrops in austin and then all of a sudden there was in houston. Nice

At this houston Moz Concert, I saw people getting upset about others lighting up a smoke, trying to crowd surf (quite innocently, I might add) and everyone seemed to be really guarded. I live in TX and yes people are uptight here but DAMN....I have no idea why a huge percentage of these folks went to this show. And yes I know that there were designated smoking areas out front but it is a concert.... Think about it...what do you expect at a concert? Actually yes, there was the aroma of marijuana lingering throughout the air, incase that was one of your answers. Although I did not expect for people to be throwing things at the band members...and 1 cup of ice seemed to go particularly close to the cute-cute keyboardist...mikey? I forget....

So I swore off buying merch as it was so expensive but after the feeling at the austin show and that energy and unity that can really can only be felt by thousands of Moz fans singing together in a drunken-non-drunken harmony to mostly all of his songs, I dropped $90 on two shirts and a money clip in austin. Why the money clip? I don't know? I won't ever use it. I was possessed with obsession to grab as much as I could. I heard there was a money clip toward the beginning of the show from some people talking beside me and thought, "Who in the hell would buy a money clip? Who in the hell uses a money clip?" Then I went and bought the damn money clip... :D

In Houston his newer stuff was not welcomed as much as the smiths stuff was. Kind of sad, really. A nostalgaic haze, I guess. I bought no merch in houston. Went next door and up the stairs to see Andy Rourke. Could not believe it was him as it just did not look like the cute, clean cut kid I have had branded in my brain all these years. A friend of mine asked him if he would sign his Your Arsenal concert shirt.....The one with "We look at danger and laugh our heads off" on the back.....and He graciosuly did with a smile and gestured as if he was going to write something else on the shirt then pulled away laughing and my friend welcomed him to write whatever he wanted to. He drew a little hitler mustache on moz's face and jokingly laughed about it. Some years he must have had. Toward the end of the night there was this one starf*cker that would not leave andy alone and he was looking to ignore this person as much as possible. Just carrying on dj'ing while this person was behind him posing with tounge out and acting like they were going at him in the rear while someone took photos. :rolleyes: It was really sad....

I left at 3pm for the houston show and got back at 6 am.....what a long night. It was a three hour drive to houston and a three hour drive back from houston but it made it fun as I blasted smiths songs all the way back to san antonio. I went alone and met up with people I met at the austin show. (still recovering...yawn) :)

The Austin show was great! The houston show was just ok as the crowd really sucked....overall.....coming from the Austin show you would really understand. And it was strange going from houston to austin as there were no videos or backdrops in austin and then all of a sudden there was in houston. Nice

At this houston Moz Concert, I saw people getting upset about others lighting up a smoke, trying to crowd surf (quite innocently, I might add) and everyone seemed to be really guarded. I live in TX and yes people are uptight here but DAMN....I have no idea why a huge percentage of these folks went to this show. And yes I know that there were designated smoking areas out front but it is a concert.... Think about it...what do you expect at a concert? Actually yes, there was the aroma of marijuana lingering throughout the air, incase that was one of your answers. Although I did not expect for people to be throwing things at the band members...and 1 cup of ice seemed to go particularly close to the cute-cute keyboardist...mikey? I forget....

So I swore off buying merch as it was so expensive but after the feeling at the austin show and that energy and unity that can really can only be felt by thousands of Moz fans singing together in a drunken-non-drunken harmony to mostly all of his songs, I dropped $90 on two shirts and a money clip in austin. Why the money clip? I don't know? I won't ever use it. I was possessed with obsession to grab as much as I could. I heard there was a money clip toward the beginning of the show from some people talking beside me and thought, "Who in the hell would buy a money clip? Who in the hell uses a money clip?" Then I went and bought the damn money clip... :D

In Houston his newer stuff was not welcomed as much as the smiths stuff was. Kind of sad, really. A nostalgaic haze, I guess. I bought no merch in houston. Went next door and up the stairs to see Andy Rourke. Could not believe it was him as it just did not look like the cute, clean cut kid I have had branded in my brain all these years. A friend of mine asked him if he would sign his Your Arsenal concert shirt.....The one with "We look at danger and laugh our heads off" on the back.....and He graciosuly did with a smile and gestured as if he was going to write something else on the shirt then pulled away laughing and my friend welcomed him to write whatever he wanted to. He drew a little hitler mustache on moz's face and jokingly laughed about it. Some years he must have had. Toward the end of the night there was this one starf*cker that would not leave andy alone and he was looking to ignore this person as much as possible. Just carrying on dj'ing while this person was behind him posing with tounge out and acting like they were going at him in the rear while someone took photos. :rolleyes: It was really sad....

I left at 3pm for the houston show and got back at 6 am.....what a long night. It was a three hour drive to houston and a three hour drive back from houston but it made it fun as I blasted smiths songs all the way back to san antonio. I went alone and met up with people I met at the austin show. (still recovering...yawn) :)

Thats awesome!! :D I was at the Austin show. I really wanted to go to Houston though. Glad you had a good time!

speaking of smoking....i had no idea that many pot smokers went to morrissey shows.

Back
Top Bottom