New York, NY - Theatre at Madison Square Garden (Dec. 2, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Glamorous Glue / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Speedway / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / The Bullfighter Dies / How Soon Is Now? / Hold On To Your Friends / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / When You Open Your Legs / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Home Is A Question Mark / I'm Not Sorry // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by docinwestchester.

• Morrissey Covers Pretenders, Honors David Cassidy & Takes Jab at Trump at NYC Show by Joe Lynch - Billboard. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Image posted by docinwestchester:

41626_newyork.jpg

Last edited:

MORRISSEY, I THINK I LOVE YOU !!!
:D

'I was sleeping and right in the middle of a good dream
Like all at once I wake up from something that keeps knocking at my brain
Before I go insane I hold my pillow to my head
And spring up in my bed screaming out the words I dread
I think I love you (I think I love you)'

:D

ket, was this sung at the concert too?

ket, was this sung at the concert too?

was not there, someone posted he sang by himself(?) a bit of this. I assume the first lines. Anyone ?

those beginning words sound almost as if he could have written them.

I agree with other posters that it was nice to not have MIM and Ganglord with the accompanying videos. The flow and vibe of show was so much better. MIM is very powerful live...but we've seen it a million times...lol.

I didn't like the trumpshifter thing. It look (a bit) from the encore and beloved song. Still one little complaint....one if the best shows I've seen in years last night!!

“We’re just boiling up now - it may be a long and intolerable night for you all” ❤️❤️

He actually said "We're just oiling up now..."
was not there, someone posted he sang by himself(?) a bit of this. I assume the first lines. Anyone ?

Just before Suedehead he sings a cappella "I think I love you, what am I so afraid of, something I'm not sure of, I don't know the lyrics."

I would love to hear him do "I Think I Love You":

"I was sleeping and right in the middle of a good dream
I think I love you (I think I love you)"

oh-ho-ho-ho-HO

He actually said "We're just oiling up now..."

Just before Suedehead he sings a cappella "I think I love you, what am I so afraid of, something I'm not sure of, I don't know the lyrics."

that's great ! thanks for all the info, photos, videos ! if you're going to the PA and MA shows... have a great time ! :thumb:

It's in the Periscope Suedehead footage on the first page of this thread.
Regards,
FWD.

I would love to hear him do "I Think I Love You":

"I was sleeping and right in the middle of a good dream
I think I love you (I think I love you)"

oh-ho-ho-ho-HO
I second that , it’d be an awesome cover , Moz drop “ rose” and “ you’ll be gone” sing this one ❤️

Anyone have nice clear wide pic/vid of the stage showing the backdrop displayed during “My Love, I’d Do Anything For You”? Mucho thanks!

Start spreading the news

Enough with the pictures. It was an excellent show from start to finish. I'm not a big fan of this venue, but I had good seats up close and the sound where I was sitting was surprisingly good. Minor complaint - before the show started, the lines for alcohol were way too long and slow moving. I had to bail out in order to get to my seat on time. Moz sounded great. His voice was pretty much perfect. The new songs were well received, I thought. When the opening harpsichord riff of Spent The Day In Bed was played, there was actually an audible positive reaction from the audience, which must have made Moz feel quite happy.

Regarding the setlist: No Meat Is Murder - yeah! I'll never be happy with the Speedway ending. Chain Gang is a highlight. Glamorous Glue rocks. I really liked the set closers Home Is a Question Mark / I'm Not Sorry. World Peace is an awful song, especially live, so I wouldn't miss that if he dropped it.

I'll be posting a lot of video.
Really need a video of I'm not sorry, no one seems to record this song

Back
Top Bottom