New York, NY - United Palace (Oct. 24, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Irish Blood, English Heart / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Speedway / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @FROSTY & @Amsden

• Photo posted by docinwestchester (original post):

Encore with T. Rex shirt

Last edited:
Nice little banter about he’s never owned a cell phone because it possesses you and then…

6 - sure enough the telephone rings
1698234977819.png

On W 176th Street, Daniel waits for a matching Morrissey autograph to go with the Johnny Marr signs he got last night!
Daniel didn’t get his Moz autograph. The Star jumped in a black van and did a half-wave to the 75 people who waited over an hour after the show to catch a glimpse of greatness.

What did he say at the end? "Like an extremely overweight prostituta we will be standing here the same place tomorrow night. As frightening as that may sound if you are in need of some relief in the name of Billy Halop drop by (?)" ???

Morning after and on my phone so this will be short. Overall I was thrilled. I was front row in front of Carmen (who is amazing!!) and felt a good vibe from those around me. The orchestra appeared mostly full but for the rear corners the last time I turned to look. Very pleased with the setlist, I thought it was well paced and strong. My first words when it was over were “he seems happy” and he confirmed. Very chatty and back and forth with the crowd.

His voice is just incredible though. I don’t know many aging artists who are getting better and I truly believe he is. Stand out moments were Pillow and Please. I could listen to him do those all day. I also really liked this version of I Wish You Lonely, which sounds so much different to me and I can’t pinpoint why just yet, arrangement and/or new musicians?

I do miss Gustavo though. His loss is felt and it’s immense. He is far stronger all around and adds a lot to many of these songs. On the other side of the stage the Carmen/Juan combination is my favorite of all the faces who I’ve seen on that side. They bring a lot to the stage.

Morning after and on my phone so this will be short. Overall I was thrilled. I was front row in front of Carmen (who is amazing!!) and felt a good vibe from those around me. The orchestra appeared mostly full but for the rear corners the last time I turned to look. Very pleased with the setlist, I thought it was well paced and strong. My first words when it was over were “he seems happy” and he confirmed. Very chatty and back and forth with the crowd.

His voice is just incredible though. I don’t know many aging artists who are getting better and I truly believe he is. Stand out moments were Pillow and Please. I could listen to him do those all day. I also really liked this version of I Wish You Lonely, which sounds so much different to me and I can’t pinpoint why just yet, arrangement and/or new musicians?

I do miss Gustavo though. His loss is felt and it’s immense. He is far stronger all around and adds a lot to many of these songs. On the other side of the stage the Carmen/Juan combination is my favorite of all the faces who I’ve seen on that side. They bring a lot to the stage.

Thanks for your perspective on the show! For those of us who weren't there, opinions such as yours help us interpret the event.

You're right about Morrissey's voice as he has aged. It's gotten so much more nuanced, polished.

Gustavo not being here is a big loss to the band's overall sound, that's true.

After all the discussion about tickets, how full did the venue look?
It filled out nicely. It wasn't completely full but did not look empty. I saw quite a few people purchasing the tickets there. And I imagine there are a lot of last-minute purchases online too.

There's still quite a few (very good seats) available for tonight. I wish I wish I wish I could go! After two shows, I'm really very grateful but still craving a third. Even if every song were exactly the same I would LOVE to be there. You know the show is still different.

Whoever is going tonight have fun!!🤩

Pic by @adamhada

3.jpg

Pic by @amybatt70

car.jpg

3carjua.jpg

pic by @john_k.runners_up76

night 3ny.jpg

night3nyc.jpg

This was only my second show after seeing him back in 2019 at Forest Hills, and I thought it was amazing. And indeed his voice was magnificent! I'm used to hearing his peers losing something due to age, which is completely understandable, but when he soared effortlessly through "Everyday Is Like Sunday," it was jaw-dropping. As mentioned in another thread, I got these tickets for free, but I understand the complaints others have had if they spent a good deal of money on multiple shows. I've had that happen to me with other artists.

I'm still swooning over the fact that he did SIX songs by the Smiths because at Forest Hills in 2019 he only did one. "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want" was beautiful and "Sweet and Tender Hooligan" was not one I would've guessed, a great choice for an encore.

Thanks for your perspective on the show! For those of us who weren't there, opinions such as yours help us interpret the event.

You're right about Morrissey's voice as he has aged. It's gotten so much more nuanced, polished.

Gustavo not being here is a big loss to the band's overall sound, that's true.
Have you been able to catch a show, Juan, or will you? Hope so 😊

What a show!!
Just watched these from alleyc8cat, fantastic! Sadly BB and Camilla tucked away behind the stacks but the side-on stage level and closeness is great for seeing M interact with the front row. Bit like some of SERs vids from behind the magic line.
Carmen glowing in red velvet!!!
snapshot03.jpg

snapshot04.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom