Official Manager Statement regarding Morrissey’s health (January 26, 2024)

D6F4A7EB-137A-4C94-842C-C316837ACEA1.jpeg

NealCassady posted news of South America cancellation:

UPDATE 1:50PM PT:

Mexico City cancellation notice posted by On Returning.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice - get the excuse in early this time to cancel South America.

Can't play live, can't release albums - I think it's time for a LOOOONG break (ie the rest of 2024), and Moz to strongly consider his options: 1) fire everyone currently involved in his operations, and plan a comeback with a new band, new material, and (crucially) a new attitude to work hard and win his fans back, or 2) retire, put his feet up, and relax for whatever time he has left.

Agreed. The reason why I think he didn't was he criticized various Covid related measures, he also criticized Science Lord Fauci for animal abuse (along with reports of animal testing for Covid jabs he likely read about), how he blames the doctors and medical establishment for his Mum's death, etc
Was there ever any official statement that he didn't (have any of the Covid jabs)?

Given the band were (up until a few days ago) advertising/promoting the concerts, the 'ill health' doesn't seem match their understanding. Plus he's just had 46 days off since cancelling New Zealand.
I think suspiciously skeptical is a reasonable response to this announcement.
FWD.

I’m very sorry to see this. I fear it’s mental exhaustion and something that just can’t be helped and it can come on suddenly. He just cannot pick himself up. He’s been hit pretty hard lately, left and right, and even though he might have caused a lot of the problems, it is simply part of the illness. All of my love goes out to him and I hope he feels better soon. He is not alone.

Just die, you're piece of shit. I lost my money buying airline tickets two times. And now the princess don't want to do concerts. Stop doing concerts instead of deceive people.

No bus (no bus) no boss (no patron) no rain, no train
No emasculation, no castration
No highway, freeway, motorway

For a week or two anyway, with eyes averted from the screen.

January is the toughest month for many people, and it's easy to get 'rundown', and feel under the weather. Around this time I often take a particular tonic, which is known to resurrect convalescents because of iron content, has mostly natural ingredients and is fine for vegetarians. Floridix, red label (original) Someone please pass on the tip!

giphy.gif

He can do what he wants; and he has and he will. What do I know about his existence? Nothing, the same as everyone. But the whole ‘don’t complain, don’t explain’ shit doesn’t come off that good with paying punters.
For a man who once sang about he was 99 public image (fittingly during the Quarry era) he doesn’t exactly have a decent way of displaying this.

I took the public image thing to mean he feels empty inside.

He's said a few things about not feeling real, or only being real on stage, that sounds very like depersonalisation-derealisation disorder - rather than a performer who just lives for the stage.

I took the public image thing to mean he feels empty inside.

He's said a few things about not feeling real, or only being real on stage, that sounds very like depersonalisation-derealisation disorder - rather than a performer who just lives for the stage.
Millions of performers say things like that,

It's all quite disheartening.

I'm assuming that exhaustion is a euphemism for depression. Dealing with depression is so difficult. It is probably safe to say that many people on this board have dealt with the "black dog" before. God knows I have.

I saw seven shows last year, SLO, 4/5 in Vegas, Oakland and San Francisco. They were phenomenal, crowd pleasing shows. Could I bitch about the repetitive setlists? Yes. But seven times last year I was within a couple of feet of my favorite artist, who performed beautifully, In fact, better than I've ever seen him before. Let me tell you, in those buildings, during those shows, the reaction among the gathered was tremendous. I met so many people who had never seen him before, especially on the Vegas shows, who told me how terrific they thought the concert was. It was joyous. I think anyone who walks in casually to a Morrissey show will walk away satisfied.

What I think eats me, and so many of you, is a lack of professionalism. We are dealing with an artist, who is an artist at heart. If he does not find professional management, professional help, there's no hope.

I could very well hold the record for most Morrissey tickets bought without a cancellation. I have been very lucky to have not been burned by this man. My sympathy is with the people who have blown countless dollars on enjoyable evenings that were not to be. I have loads of empathy for Morrissey as a man, but I can't argue with anyone who is finished with Morrissey as a business.

Given the band were (up until a few days ago) advertising/promoting the concerts, the 'ill health' doesn't seem match their understanding. Plus he's just had 46 days off since cancelling New Zealand.
I think suspiciously skeptical is a reasonable response to this announcement.
FWD.

Yes, I think most here will agree that ‘exhaustion’ is not the true reason.

Just die, you're piece of shit. I lost my money buying airline tickets two times. And now the princess don't want to do concerts. Stop doing concerts instead of deceive people.
Naw. He issued this because it’s being picked up as shitty. He is the paid singer. He is paid to sing. He is paid to entertain me. He once was a young icon. But he is just a singer whose job is the sing. Sing singer. Sing.

:clap:

Back
Top Bottom