Pop up Mporium shop at Sugar Mutts, NY (Sep. 24, 25, 2016) - Morrissey Official / Facebook

It's his life, and he can do what he wants, but I'm uncomfortable with this. They say "A fee and % profit will go to Sugar Mutts.", which means that this seems to be a commercial exercise on the back of the charity. Why not say they will give 100%?

39101_sugar_mutts.jpg

UPDATE Oct. 2:

Link posted by Roberto Ferdenzi:

Scenes from Morrissey's Mporium pop-up at Sugar Mutts Rescue - Metro

39181_morrissey2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how he chose this charity. Maybe he visited them? And liked what he saw.
It's great that he chose them, as so many dogs & cats are euthanized by ACC in NYC. This place pulls the adoptable ones.
We'd like to think that we can save them all.....

Maybe the charity chose him?

I wonder how he chose this charity. Maybe he visited them? And liked what he saw.
It's great that he chose them, as so many dogs & cats are euthanized by ACC in NYC. This place pulls the adoptable ones.
We'd like to think that we can save them all.....

We have barcs here in Baltimore and they do a lot of good work getting them adopted. A lot of strays in the city end up eating poison put out for oth critters. We ourselves foster dogs and have always found it rewarding. Anyone else foster

For pity's sake. Most charities sell things to raise money, and businesses giving a portion of profits from an activity to charity is so common it doesn't really need remarking on. It takes bizarre mental creativity to turn it into an ethical issue.

Exactly this!! I can't believe people are making an issue with his mentioning a percentage!

" Do I like butter !"
The 4kin pop up daylight robbery shop seems to be popping up a little to often now.
Somebody please tell me it's a bad dream. (L O L Buzzcocks :laughing:)
Something tells me all is not well if 'we're' having to resort to cunning plans like this.
This is what happens when you don't listen to good advice.
Should have sacked the Lawnmowers years ago.
I think it might be to late to get on this years I'm a celebrity but you never know.
Basically there is no interest now, he's pushed the music industry to far and it's come back and bit him right on his humasexual bum cheeks.
He's now reliant on Marred and the gang, the botz and the munchkins to keep him in cheese, eggs and butter.
Everyday is chug rock day !

Pop up shop :rofl:
In this year of the reaper let us pray he comes quickly to put an end to all this embarrassing shit.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
:lbf: Humasexual bum cheeks:paranoid::yum:

I think using a 40 year old photo* is more of an issue. You can't really ask someone to give any percentage of their income to charity. If it's only 1% that's something, and I never heard of Sugar Mutts before so it's not like he's actually gaining by association.

*estimated

What is he supposed to say in advert? All proceeds less overhead, variable, fixed costs, to be donated to charity? That sounds dumb. I am sure Morrissey will make sure they get a good donation. He isn't cheap when it comes to animals.
Their should be a link to his accountants... accounts (???) so we can see exactly how much profit he made and what he did with it.

For pity's sake. Most charities sell things to raise money, and businesses giving a portion of profits from an activity to charity is so common it doesn't really need remarking on. It takes bizarre mental creativity to turn it into an ethical issue.

But who is making money from a merch sale at a charity premises?

But who is making money from a merch sale at a charity premises?
It says he is paying for the space and giving a percentage. Apparently the hope is that some fans will turn up with cash and while they are there they might drop a few dollars in the donation can as well.
I'm all for dragging his name through the mud when called for, but I'm not seeing the problem here.

I see your point, but no matter where he places the stores, he's making money. At least he chose to put it where it will help someone and possibly save lives. I don't see this as such a bad thing.

Actually he'll have a merch store at the gig like he always does. This is not a replacement. It's additional. Unless he gives ALL proceeds to the charity, it's additional money making on their premises.

Actually he'll have a merch store at the gig like he always does. This is not a replacement. It's additional. Unless he gives ALL proceeds to the charity, it's additional money making on their premises.
Don't you think the people at Sugar Mutts is aware that he's making money off the back of their charity? I'm quite sure they're very happy with the arrangement he's made with them or it wouldn't be happening. It doesn't seem to be a problem to them, so why is it for you? Morrissey will give them a nice cut. I don't doubt that, and the exposure alone is worth a lot. The lives saved is priceless.

Since I've been living in the US, I've adopted two shelter dogs. There's an enormous problem here with people refusing to spay or neuter their animals or (worse) somehow "forgetting" that those puppies can grow to be 60 pound dogs. Anyway, glad this will hopefully either get some dogs adopted or allow the shelter to have a better chance at caring for the dogs they do have.

Back
Top Bottom