Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

I wasn't feeling well yesterday. When I was napping my husband went out and got me a beautiful hydrangea plant and some chocolate. He also I asked what I wanted for dinner and made it - chicken broccoli afredo and salad.
Just thinking about how lucky I am. ❤️

Zero points from the voting public for the UK! What a travesty - poor Olly Alexander. The UK sure ain’t popular with the European neighbours.

Or maybe the performance was raunchy and the singing was awful…

He should have just danced around in a feather boa and he would have had a shot. The Swiss guy who won actually looks like Olly did when he was in Years & Years, so for a moment I thought he’d won :lbf:

Or maybe the performance was raunchy and the singing was awful…

He should have just danced around in a feather boa and he would have had a shot. The Swiss guy who won actually looks like Olly did when he was in Years & Years, so for a moment I thought he’d won :lbf:

Was the singing so awful? I thought it was good enough, though maybe he didn’t quite have the range at the end. Yes the performance was raunchy as you say. But weren’t there other acts as raunchy without receiving zero points - and raunchy isn’t generally a negative at Eurovision these days. Overall a good Eurovision performance from a good performer.

But yes, I too thought he’d have been better floating about in a boa or something like that, and his sweet side is his forte - I think the graphic video sex boxing type of schtick probably not.

But I don’t think any of this explains entirely why the UK was the only country to receive zero points from the viewing public. That’s pretty extreme. I don’t think it was the worst performance of the night by any means, it was a pretty accomplished pop song and well-performed. No, the UK has seemed unpopular in Europe for a long while now. Brexit no doubt made it worse.

Although, then again maybe I’ve got this a bit wrong - Sam Ryder for the UK did well two years ago coming second to Ukraine who were always going to win it that year. So maybe on reflection the cause of the nil points from the public vote wasn't so much the UK being unpopular or the song being raunchy or too awful but rather that the video was too overtly gay sexual - not for the for Eurovision juries - a number of the juries gave it quite a few points - but for the voting public gave it zero.

Yeah I too thought how Olly looked like the Swiss guy the rather sweet Nemo who won ….

Was the singing so awful? I thought it was good enough, though maybe he didn’t quite have the range at the end. Yes the performance was raunchy as you say. But weren’t there other acts as raunchy without receiving zero points - and raunchy isn’t generally a negative at Eurovision these days. Overall a good Eurovision performance from a good performer.

But yes, I too thought he’d have been better floating about in a boa or something like that, and his sweet side is his forte - I think the graphic video sex boxing type of schtick probably not.

But I don’t think any of this explains entirely why the UK was the only country to receive zero points from the viewing public. That’s pretty extreme. I don’t think it was the worst performance of the night by any means, it was a pretty accomplished pop song and well-performed. No, the UK has seemed unpopular in Europe for a long while now. Brexit no doubt made it worse.

Although, then again maybe I’ve got this a bit wrong - Sam Ryder for the UK did well two years ago coming second to Ukraine who were always going to win it that year. So maybe on reflection the cause of the nil points from the public vote wasn't so much the UK being unpopular or the song being raunchy or too awful but rather that the video was too overtly gay sexual - not for the for Eurovision juries - a number of the juries gave it quite a few points - but for the voting public gave it zero.

Yeah I too thought how Olly looked like the Swiss guy the rather sweet Nemo who won ….

I don’t think people dislike the UK or have a beef with Brexit. Many Europeans probably think it was a sensible decision. If there was a Swexit vote here today, I’m not so sure the remain side would win. Honestly, I think Olly's nul points have nothing to do with Brexit and everything to do with millions of predominantly straight people not voting for the song staged as a gay orgy in a public toilet.

I don’t think people dislike the UK or have a beef with Brexit. Many Europeans probably think it was a sensible decision. If there was a Swexit vote here today, I’m not so sure the remain side would win. Honestly, I think Olly's nul points have nothing to do with Brexit and everything to do with millions of predominantly straight people not voting for the song staged as a gay orgy in a public toilet.

Yes, at the end of my last post I’d reached the same conclusion. The overtly gay and sexual presentation did not go down well with the viewing public.

That's okay. It's my own fault that it took me so long to register who it was. I'm off to watch Norman finkelstein on trig! I wonder if he'll come off as totally demented?!

I feel bad now :(

Will listen to the Finkelstein interview, too! I saw that clip where he and Douglas Murray were arguing, and I agree Finkelstein sounded demented, but - as much as it hurts - I have to also agree with Audrey and admit that Murray’s vitriolic, sneering, lisping, eye-rolling queen bitch shtick was off-putting, and I had to switch it off because they were both awful…

Last edited:
Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom